160. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes I support Trump

40 25.00%
  • I do not support Trump

120 75.00%
Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Are You a Trump supporter?

Are You a Trump supporter?

I don't care if you've backed him all along or are a recent convert. Yea or nay?
    Poll is public.
    Last edited by Origanalist; 03-03-2016 at 07:26 PM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

I'm the only one who responded so far -- NO.

You might want to add an actual poll, and yes, explain "supporter".

Some have characterized me as a Trump supporter, though my angle is really that I do not deeply loathe him the way I deeply loathe each and every one of the other major candidates in both parties, and see him as a useful tool to bust up the party. So it's de facto/tactical/strategic supporter more than rah rah I care what he stands for supporter.

Quote Originally Posted by openfire View Post
    Define "supporter"
    It's not rocket science.

Quote Originally Posted by thoughtomator View Post

Some have characterized me as a Trump supporter, though my angle is really that I do not deeply loathe him the way I deeply loathe each and every one of the other major candidates in both parties, and see him as a useful tool to bust up the party. So it's de facto/tactical/strategic supporter more than rah rah I care what he stands for supporter.
    It takes a minute to get the poll in the thread, it's there now. Well, are you or aren't you?

I support Trump

The way I see it, the majority of this forum agrees with the wisdom of libertarians supporting Trump over the establishment.

There are five people naysaying and a good deal more who are either supportive of the idea or are at least curious and want to explore it further.

Those five people are being obnoxiously loud and persistent, but they are really very very few in number, and are not winning anyone to their cause with the vicious, off-putting attitude they bring to the table.
    ///

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I'm not yet comfortable as of now to be a "Trump supporter" per se... but I'm heavily in favor of Trump doing unspeakable things to neocons and their tools like this:

Trump: Lindsey Graham a 'disgrace,' 'nut job,' 'one of the dumbest human beings'
    www.politico.com/story/.../trump-lindsay-graham-insults-219374Politico

Trump: Bush Administration Knowingly 'Lied' About Iraq War
    townhall.com/.../02/.../trump-bush...lied-about-iraq.../full

This trait of his is so refreshing. No one running is better than him.

The leading GOP contender saying such things and still winning is a paradigm shift in GOP/US Politics despite having some destructive/punishing quality to it.

As I said elsewhere, SWC Bush gave us DGP and DGP gave as Trumpster.. as we sow, so shall we reap.

The poll is inherently suspect to begin with due to its wording, but I'd wager you're still going to see more supporting votes than you ever expected.

The poll is inherently suspect to begin with due to its wording, but I'd wager you're still going to see more supporting votes than you ever expected.
    No, I won't be surprised at all.

No, I'm not. Trump isn't in it for liberty, for Americans, or any other cause. He's in it for Trump. Everything he does stems from an incredibly selfish worldview that sums the rest of world up as trivial, losers, ignorant, and not worthy of respect or consideration in general.

Now, I understand that he could be the lesser evil (it depends on who he gets to advice him), but I'm throwing my support with Gary Johnson.

Quote Originally Posted by enhanced_deficit View Post
    I'm not yet comfortable as of now to be a "Trump supporter" per se... but I'm heavily in favor of Trump doing unspeakable things to neocons and their tools like this:

Trump: Lindsey Graham a 'disgrace,' 'nut job,' 'one of the dumbest human beings'

www.politico.com/story/.../trump-lindsay-graham-insults-219374Politico

This trait of his is so refreshing. No one running is better than him.
    So I can put you in as a yes.

Poll needs more options and multiple choice voting.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing

Trump is a vote for partial liberty as opposed to absolute liberty like someone like Ron Paul.

I'll make a more definitive poll at some point to drill down into what people actually DO support, but in the meantime this is an interesting thumbs up/thumbs down for Trump specifically.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post
    Well, someone can start another poll, mine is a simple yea or nay.

Quote Originally Posted by AuH20 View Post
    Trump is a vote for partial liberty as opposed to absolute liberty like someone like Ron Paul.
    Oh wow. Just...

F' it. People can make themselves see what they want to see.
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

Since I have voted I can't see the names anymore. You did put yourself down as a yea didn't you?

Since it is all about deal making with Congress the end result in 4 years might very well look the same. It took the Progressives a 100 years to get to where we are now so we will need successive administrations in both parties and Congress to incrementally roll it back.
    * See my visitor message area for caveats related to my posting history here.
    * Also, I have effectively retired from all social media including posting here and are basically opting out of anything to do with national politics or this country on federal or state level and rather focusing locally. I may stop by from time to time to discuss philosophy on a general level related to Libertarian schools of thought and application in the real world.

Since I have voted I can't see the names anymore. You did put yourself down as a yea didn't you?
    Yes you can. Just click on the number and the names magically appear.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing

Absolutely. I can't vote for Cruz with that zero pct loan from GS.

Agreed. Was forced to vote yes, but neither choice accurately reflects my views.

Quote Originally Posted by kahless View Post
    Since it is all about deal making with Congress the end result in 4 years might very well look the same. It took the Progressives a 100 years to get to where we are now so we will need successive administrations in both parties and Congress to incrementally roll it back.
    Oh holy hell...

Trump ain't rollin' nothing back. Incrementally or otherwise. He's big-government full-steam ahead. You may well end up with universal health care, national ID tags, and a tripling of debt with this guy. Oh, he'll make "deals" alright...

Come on, people. You're supposed to be smarter than this.
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Yes you can. Just click on the number and the names magically appear.
    Doh!

I don't understand why some are making this very simple poll so difficult. It really ISN'T rocket science. You know what it means to support someone or something, so either you do (yea) or you don't (nay)...easy peasy.

Quote Originally Posted by cajuncocoa View Post
    I don't understand why some are making this very simple poll so difficult. It really ISN'T rocket science. You know what it means to support someone or something, so either you do (yea) or you don't (nay)...easy peasy.
    It's because they support him, but they want to rationalize it in their heads like they don't really support him. The cognitive dissonance between their programming and reality is screwing with them.

Mitt Romney said Trump was bad so that convinced me to support him. I am supporting him at the moment because he is exposing and destroying the Republican Party and all of the establishment shills and talk radio hosts....I can't help myself, I love a revolutionary. He is doing good things for the country and liberty by directly smashing and destroying the current rorder...that doesn't mean I support everything about him and what he says, but his foreign policy statements are the least neocon in that he opposes overturning government and starting stupid wars and yes he I like that he will build a wall and stop all of this visa stuff that puts Americans out of work. I just hope all of the "dumb" people who support him don't get cold feet and continue voting.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptUSA View Post
    It's because they support him, but they want to rationalize it in their heads like they don't really support him. The cognitive dissonance between their programming and reality is screwing with them.
    The distinction is being carefully made because of the well-established tendency of certain maliciously-minded individuals towards creative interpretation.

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Select a tag for more discussion on that topic