Thread: Partnering with National Groups to Spread Liberty

Question Partnering with National Groups to Spread Liberty

This is just an idea I'm throwing out there. Have any of you heard/been a part of GoRuck?

http://www.goruck.com/about-us

I signed up for the military after 9/11 because of 9/11 and eventually served with some of the most elite warfighters in the history of the world: the Green Berets. GORUCK is based in every way on the lessons I learned in this community, both in training and in war.
    My goals with GORUCK are to (1) serve as a voice for good, (2) employ more Veterans of Special Operations than any organization outside the US military, and (3) build a bridge between the military and civilian worlds. This started with GR1 and continued with The Challenge and people rucking together became the focus and welcome to GORUCK.

Jason McCarthy
    Founder, GORUCK
    10th Special Forces Group, 2006-08
    http://www.goruck.com/cadre

It's a nationwide group of motivated individuals, mostly lead by Special Operators, in events and challenges similar to Iron Man or Spartan Race, except it's more focused on ruck marching and military-style endurance tests.

Very patriotic, enthusiastic and motivated group, it seems like some of them would be willing to join forces with the Liberty movement since many are veterans and I would assume don't want to see their country fall to tyranny. Many people respect the military, and if we can get a cohesive voice of military members, just like they supported Rand Paul in 2008 and 2012 to spread awareness, I think we can make some major headway.

Especially, once again, through these physical challenge events run by veterans.

What say you?
    Last edited by Son_of_Liberty90; 03-16-2016 at 09:05 PM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Bump for thoughts/opinions/criticism

bump, welcome input from military veterans on RPF

I think I can speak for many here when I say I got my fill of ruck sack marches while serving.

Do 20 miles with 90lbs of full battle rattle, and you're walking like the elephant man with an erection.....lol
    "Self conquest is the greatest of all victories." - Plato

I looked it up, and GORUCK is not a non-profit foundation, so technically they could campaign for liberty issues and not have to worry about a tax-exempt status.

Quote Originally Posted by Son_of_Liberty90 View Post
    This is just an idea I'm throwing out there. Have any of you heard/been a part of GoRuck?

http://www.goruck.com/about-us

http://www.goruck.com/cadre

It's a nationwide group of motivated individuals, mostly lead by Special Operators, in events and challenges similar to Iron Man or Spartan Race, except it's more focused on ruck marching and military-style endurance tests.

Very patriotic, enthusiastic and motivated group, it seems like some of them would be willing to join forces with the Liberty movement since many are veterans and I would assume don't want to see their country fall to tyranny. Many people respect the military, and if we can get a cohesive voice of military members, just like they supported Rand Paul in 2008 and 2012 to spread awareness, I think we can make some major headway.

Especially, once again, through these physical challenge events run by veterans.

What say you?
    I think the organization sounds great, and partnering should always been encouraged. But the ruck thing really stood out to me.

Remember on the For Liberty Documentary, the guys who went on that ruck across Wisconsin? I just thought that "Rucking for Liberty" has such a good sounding name...and people like me would be completely up for it. Since we don't have a real dog in 2016, it could be what our movement focuses our energies on in the short term...getting out and about, talking to people, and recreating the grassroots for about huge bushfire of liberty support in 2020.

Hell, even if I do it alone (ill bring the dog probably at least), I'll probably go for a couple mile ruck for liberty later today to the bank to deposit a check, to the butcher sbop for some thick cut bacon,and back home. I'll just tie the gasden onto a stick, shove it in a pack and go...spreading liberty via word of mouth along the way.

If we all started doing this kind of stuff....well, we could become relevant again...maybe.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Libertas Aut Mortis View Post
    I think the organization sounds great, and partnering should always been encouraged. But the ruck thing really stood out to me.

Remember on the For Liberty Documentary, the guys who went on that ruck across Wisconsin? I just thought that "Rucking for Liberty" has such a good sounding name...and people like me would be completely up for it. Since we don't have a real dog in 2016, it could be what our movement focuses our energies on in the short term...getting out and about, talking to people, and recreating the grassroots for about huge bushfire of liberty support in 2020.

Hell, even if I do it alone (ill bring the dog probably at least), I'll probably go for a couple mile ruck for liberty later today to the bank to deposit a check, to the butcher sbop for some thick cut bacon,and back home. I'll just tie the gasden onto a stick, shove it in a pack and go...spreading liberty via word of mouth along the way.

If we all started doing this kind of stuff....well, we could become relevant again...maybe.
    I think you are on to something. If you search "Rucking for Liberty" on google, you don't get any results. It's a unique and exciting idea!
    Last edited by Son_of_Liberty90; 03-27-2016 at 09:20 PM.

Ok guys we have Adam Kokesh on board, he said he would be willing to contact GoRuck if he had a targeted proposal for that group.

I think Libertas's idea is excellent. A ruck march for liberty sometime before the elections - Saying that we support neither candidate because neither stands for the constitution.

-Bring the Troops Home
    -Secure the borders
    -Restore Honest Money
    -Abolish the Income Tax
    -Obey the Constitution

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Do you guys think this is sarcasm? The part about DC I mean

http://news.goruck.com/from-hq/state...ddy-q1q2-2015/
    In DC aka the capital of freedom you’ll find the roots of GORUCK’s early start-up days. I was in business school with a hobby called GORUCK and before you knew it there were a few people working out of my condo sharing frozen pizzas and beers for dinner and Java was there for all of it. The walls still talk and they talk memories important to me and to my life, and I’ll always enjoy going back. Once you’ve gotten through the toughest parts of the life you’ve lived so far and that phase was the toughest for me, it breeds the kind of confidence that you can get through anything.