Thread: N.H. lawmakers think nipples are bad for tourism

N.H. lawmakers think nipples are bad for tourism

I think Vermin's cool with nipples.

CONCORD, N.H. - Lawmakers backing a New Hampshire bill to criminalize women exposing their breasts in public say that failing to pass it could hurt the state's tourism industry and lead to rampant nudity.

Reps. Brian Gallagher and Peter Spanos are co-sponsors of legislation that would make it a misdemeanor for women to show their breasts or nipples in public with "reckless disregard" for whether it would offend someone. It's partly a response to a "Free the Nipple" movement that led to two women being cited for going topless at a Gilford beach.

Heidi Lilley, 54, said she wanted to prove the Gilford ordinance is unconstitutional and that women should be allowed to expose their upper bodies. Lilley and 28-year-old Barbara MacKinnon were ticketed on Sept. 6 of last year for their lack of shirts.

The new "Nipple Bill" also caused an online spat among several state legislators that drew national attention.

Backers say families and children shouldn't be exposed to women's bare breasts in public. Opponents say it violates the constitution by creating different standards for women and men.
    http://www.cbsnews.com/news/new-hamp...inkId=21770899
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I think I'd be in favor of an age limit.

Better yet, what if you had to get a permit first... You know from a well-paid bureaucrat who could perform an inspection first. To ensure that only quality nipples would be on display. After all, you wouldn't want to harm tourism.

(In other news, the number of job applicants for a new state government office has just set a new record.)
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

I'm pro-nipple.......

Anti-authoritarian too......

Are clothespins considered clothed?
    All modern revolutions have ended in a reinforcement of the power of the State.
    -Albert Camus

Quote Originally Posted by otherone View Post
    Are clothespins considered clothed?
    If it's not cold enough, they could fall off and then the tourists would leave. I think pasties are more reliable.
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.

Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post
    If it's not cold enough, they could fall off and then the tourists would leave. I think pasties are more reliable.
    what were we talking about, again?
    -Albert Camus

what were we talking about, again?

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    "And lead to rampant nudity."

oh my.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    oh my.
    -Albert Camus

New Orleans is proof that its good for tourism.
    __________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

Typical libertarians, always encouraging people to run around naked smoking pot all the time
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

Isn't he gay?

Isn't he gay?
    How do you know he's not looking at moobs?

Isn't he gay?
    Not a Family Guy fan, are ya' Suze?
    -Albert Camus

Not a Family Guy fan, are ya' Suze?
    Nah.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Nah.

unibrow.
    -Albert Camus

unibrow.
    Wrong thread. Unless someone on that show has monobrow nipple hair.

Wrong thread. Unless someone on that show has monobrow nipple hair.
    the world is my thread.
    -Albert Camus

the world is my thread.
    For most of us the world is our toilet.....

Sparked by last year’s “Free the Nipple” protests, some prudish state representatives filed legislation that would make it a misdemeanor for women to be topless anywhere in New Hampshire. (They did make an exception for breast-feeding.) A topless lady would be facing up to a year in jail, were this terrible legislation to pass. Men would still be allowed to be topless under the discriminatory bill, HB 1525.

Thankfully, the bill is nearly dead thanks to a unanimous vote to kill it by the NH house criminal justice committee. The committee voted today 18-0 to “ITL” (Inexpedient to Legislate) the legislation. The bill is not yet off the table – that will happen later when the full house votes on it.

Today is a decisive loss for the prudes. To them I say leave topless women alone – your kids will be fine. If you don’t like seeing female areola, then advocate all public property be abolished and turned private. Then you can have a private beach just for people who want to keep their clothes on.
    http://freekeene.com/2016/03/01/nh-h...e-toplessness/

Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post
    For most of us the world is our toilet.....

I imagined you older, tod.
    -Albert Camus