Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Make Donald Drumpf Again (Last Week Tonight with John Oliver)

John Oliver's precise political views on immigration, diversity of opinion in politics/media,etc. explains why Muslims are raping 1000 children in every town in Britain.
    BOWLING GREEN, Kentucky – Washington liberals are trying to push through the so-called DREAM Act, which creates an official path to Democrat voter registration for 2 million college-age illegal immigrants.
    Rand Paul 2010

Booker T. Washington:
    Cast it down among the eight millions of Negroes whose habits you know, whose
    fidelity and love you have tested in days when to have proved treacherous meant the ruin of your firesides.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by RandallFan View Post
    John Oliver's precise political views on immigration, diversity of opinion in politics/media,etc. explains why Muslims are raping 1000 children in every town in Britain.
    It never ceases to amaze me how successful the left is in selling their ideology and propaganda to the ignorant masses through comedians. No doubt the British accent helps even more in this case.
    * See my visitor message area for caveats related to my posting history here.
    * Also, I have effectively retired from all social media including posting here and are basically opting out of anything to do with national politics or this country on federal or state level and rather focusing locally. I may stop by from time to time to discuss philosophy on a general level related to Libertarian schools of thought and application in the real world.

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    Around the 11:00 mark, he says that Trump has been very "ungood". Freudian slip or intentional reference?
    It was intentional.
    “I don’t think that there will be any curtailing of Donald Trump as president,” he said. "He controls the media, he controls the sentiment [and] he controls everybody. He’s the one who will resort to executive orders more so than [President] Obama ever used them." - Ron Paul

LOL at the heir to Jon Leibowitz making fun of anyone else's name. Stewart changed his own name. Trump's ancestors merely changed the spelling of their name, and that was nearly 400 years ago

Quote Originally Posted by Fivezeroes View Post
    [...] people here are against Trump because they assume he is this bad guy without having proof. It always amazes me at how politics can cause people to lose their $#@!.
    The only "proof" one needs that a politician is a "bad guy" is the fact that he does not clearly and consistently espouse and promote liberty.

Trump does not espouse or promote liberty at all ("clearly and consistently" or otherwise), therefore ...
    The Bastiat Collection · FREE PDF · FREE EPUB · PAPER
    Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

• "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law."
      -- The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
      -- Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      -- Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      -- Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

· tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ·

Quote Originally Posted by YoBabyYoBabyYo View Post
    Trump is the only one that has taken on the establishment successfully, there is a good chance he might take them down.
    No, there isn't. The establishment will assimilate Trump, and Trump will assimilate the establishment. (Call it "mutual Borgism" ...)

Certain factions of the establishment may squawk and splutter with outrage, but Trump poses no real challenge to the system itself.

Quote Originally Posted by YoBabyYoBabyYo View Post
    Being Ron Paul fans we should rejoice this [...]
    The only thing Ron Paul fans should rejoice over is the advancement of the cause of human liberty.

The promotion of populist authoritarianism does not and cannot serve this purpose.

Quote Originally Posted by Chieppa1 View Post
    Honest question. If everyone spends all their time freaking out about Trump (libertarians, establishment Republicans, liberals), who do they support for president?
    It doesn't matter. Heads, authoritarianism wins. Tails, liberty loses.

This has been "par for course" in American federal politics ever since the coup in Philadelphia (and especially since the Civil War).

"At least it's not Trump" is a lame ass slogan when the other options are literally the status quo.
    "At least it's not one of the others" is a lame ass excuse when the Trump option is just an illusory (and self-delusory) challenge to the system.

Clearly, I am not voting for any of these statists, but do half the people who hate Trump (not RPF people) even know why? His immigration comments he already admitted he'll have to "compromise" on?
    The same questions are of equal relevance when asked of the people who love Trump.

Trump is not going to "smash" anything, let alone the establishment. Instead, he will try to "make deals" with them.

And he has said absolutely nothing that indicates that the advancement of liberty will be a factor in any of the "deals" that he will seek to "make" ...
    Last edited by Occam's Banana; 03-01-2016 at 08:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aratus View Post
    Would BRYAN get rather vex'd with lil ole moi if i asked for a Donnie J. Drumpf Forum?
    Am mulling things over again...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12