Thread: Upgraded to Defcon 2 in Prog Land --- Liberals Must Vote For Rubio

Upgraded to Defcon 2 in Prog Land --- Liberals Must Vote For Rubio

General DJT is coming down the coast with his troops and he's going to burn everything down to the ground when he gets there. The liberals want to stop him.

http://www.theatlantic.com/politics/...-rubio/471444/

Nominating Trump would upend all that. American politics would fundamentally change. But as conservatives have often reminded liberals, change does not equal progress. Sometimes even a morally corrupt status quo is better than what follows. A Trump nomination would represent a leap into a terrifying political unknown.

Liberals should try to forestall it by backing Marco Rubio. And if we fail, we should implore conservatives to help stop Trump by backing Hillary Clinton. Although the polarization in American politics today is vast, there are still norms that both decent liberals and decent conservatives cherish, and do not wish to see smashed. Across the ideological divide, it’s time to close ranks.
    So decent liberals and decent conservatives need to preserve this gigantic continental prison? Really Beinart? Take your regressive 'progress' and jump in the Marianas Trench. We're going to burn it all down and I'm going to savor every last ember.
    Last edited by AuH20; 02-29-2016 at 09:48 PM.
    “Force the normies into taking sides. At the moment they are just like "meh, I am minding my own business" retreating culturally into their private bubbles and "safe-spaces" since they don't understand what is going on. When the actual "us vs them" starts, they will be forced to fight or they'll die.” - Anonymous Poster

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    “I don’t think that there will be any curtailing of Donald Trump as president,” he said. "He controls the media, he controls the sentiment [and] he controls everybody. He’s the one who will resort to executive orders more so than [President] Obama ever used them." - Ron Paul

Trump as the toilet down which we can flush the establishment turds? I can dig that.

Good metaphor. Dirty job but when ya gotta go, ya gotta go.

Select a tag for more discussion on that topic