Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Trump: Someone should primary Rand Paul

Trump: Someone should primary Rand Paul

Is Trump an authoritarian? That's up to you to decide. He seems to want to shut down any form of debate by making sure Rand Paul isn't in the debate. Does anyone really think that Trump surrounds himself with dissenting opinions, people who will say no to him? Rand will probably end up staking opposing positions to almost anything Trump does if he is the president.

http://hotair.com/headlines/archives...ary-rand-paul/

If I were somebody — a good, strong Republican ... I would run against him in a heartbeat.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    He'll probably buy the forum and change the name since he has so many fans here.

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    He'll probably buy the forum and change the name since he has so many fans here.
    Sounds like you're catching the Trumphobia that's going around.

Maybe he's going to make this form great again.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Getting pretty desperate when people resort to posting an old article from August of last year when Rand went on the attack mode against Trump.
    * See my visitor message area for caveats related to my posting history here.
    * Also, I have effectively retired from all social media including posting here and are basically opting out of anything to do with national politics or this country on federal or state level and rather focusing locally. I may stop by from time to time to discuss philosophy on a general level related to Libertarian schools of thought and application in the real world.

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    Sounds like you're catching the Trumphobia that's going around.

Maybe he's going to make this form great again.
    They didn't have a vax against. The conditions experienced are very similar to the common flu though.

Quote Originally Posted by kahless View Post
    Getting pretty desperate when people resort to posting an old article from August of last year when Rand went on the attack mode against Trump.
    I could be wrong but Trump hasn't endorsed Paul for senate, because at the end of the day he probably thinks Rand is a good senator. Trump has actively encouraged people to run against him, and told the people of Kentucky that Paul doesn't care about him.

Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing

Rand Paul, boisterous defender of the exclusive elephant club if you remember.

You really wonder what Mitch's people did to our guy in a few short years.
    Last edited by AuH20; 02-29-2016 at 04:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by AuH20 View Post

stfu you are so full of $#@! with that.

people like you are the reason he might just go home to bowling green and stop doing anything. you give him no credit and insinuate he is establishment when he has proven in his policy record how false that notion is.

dude seriously $#@! you. you worship trump and say things like this about rand? you deserve the country we will get from your ridiculously warped worldview.

you obviously never really supported Ron.. just another contrarian with no principles or brains.
    The ultimate minority is the individual. Protect the individual from Democracy and you will protect all groups of individuals
    Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add 'within the limits of the law' because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual. - Thomas Jefferson
    I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

- Bene Gesserit Litany Against Fear

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.

He even promoted it on his website to show he is an pro-establishment player as if the establishment would return the favor with support like they did for their boy Rubio.

The hypocrisy of it to was astounding considering if Trump was not in the race and it was Rand or Rand they would be asking them to do the same. This is when I knew Rand was not going to make a come back in the race.
    * Also, I have effectively retired from all social media including posting here and are basically opting out of anything to do with national politics or this country on federal or state level and rather focusing locally. I may stop by from time to time to discuss philosophy on a general level related to Libertarian schools of thought and application in the real world.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...mary-Rand-Paul
    I don't know what it is quite honestly. Their guy got pummeled and essentially got beat by a mute brain surgeon. Now it's verboten to talk about DJT in the 2016 Election sub-forum when he's altering the political landscape?
    So which is it? Here you say that Rand is "our guy", but in another thread you say that Rand is "their guy". You seem to have trouble figuring out which side you're on. You're obviously on the side of trump, which means that you are not on the same side as Liberty, and which also means that you are on the side of people who want to throw the general election to the democrats yet again. Please, tell us again, why are you still here? The only apparent answer is to continue your incessant shilling as a trumpette.
    I have an autographed copy of Revolution: A Manifesto for sale. Mint condition, inquire within. (I don't sign in often, so please allow plenty of time for a response)

Quote Originally Posted by Kotin View Post
    stfu you are so full of $#@! with that.

people like you are the reason he might just go home to bowling green and stop doing anything. you give him no credit and insinuate he is establishment when he has proven in his policy record how false that notion is.

dude seriously $#@! you. you worship trump and say things like this about rand? you deserve the country we will get from your ridiculously warped worldview.
    I didn't join up with Mitch McConnell and then went to kiss the ring of Tom Donahue. Don't get mad at me.

Quote Originally Posted by invisible View Post
    http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...mary-Rand-Paul

So which is it? Here you say that Rand is "our guy", but in another thread you say that Rand is "their guy". You seem to have trouble figuring out which side you're on. You're obviously on the side of trump, which means that you are not on the same side as Liberty, and which also means that you are on the side of people who want to throw the general election to the democrats yet again. Please, tell us again, why are you still here? The only apparent answer is to continue your incessant shilling as a trumpette.
    Rand was my guy until he started working with folks who his father wouldn't even acknowledge.

I didn't join up with Mitch McConnell and then went to kiss the ring of Tom Donahue. Don't get mad at me.
    his father did similar symbolic $#@! to advance his agenda and you shouldnt pretend you dont know what he was doing. in policy he has always opposed those people.. when it actually matters. once again more contrarian bull$#@! from you. this means nothing but its all you have to say?
    The ultimate minority is the individual. Protect the individual from Democracy and you will protect all groups of individuals
    Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add 'within the limits of the law' because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual. - Thomas Jefferson
    I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

his father did similar symbolic $#@! to advance his agenda and you shouldnt pretend you dont know what he was doing. in policy he has always opposed those people.. when it actually matters. once again more contrarian bull$#@! from you. this means nothing but its all you have to say?
    RAND collaborated with the Chamber of Commerce as well as the slimeball majority leader of the U.S. Senate? Secondly, it wasn't symbolic since there were agreements made.

I know Ron made his share of his poor endorsements, but I never remember him going that deep into the swamp.
    Last edited by AuH20; 02-29-2016 at 05:09 PM.

Ron collaborated with the Chamber of Commerce as well as the slimeball majority leader of the U.S. Senate? Secondly, it wasn't symbolic since there were agreements made.

I know Ron made his share of his poor endorsements, but I never remember him going that deep into the swamp.
    look, you arent going to listen to rational argument obviously because you are just a reactionary against anything you perceive as establishment which is everything except a dumbass loudmouth billionaire with no principle.

Rand was my guy until he started working with folks who his father wouldn't even acknowledge.
    So then why use the words "our guy", if by your own admission, you no longer support him. And if you no longer support him, as evidenced by your continued statements in this thread, then again, why are you here?
    I have an autographed copy of Revolution: A Manifesto for sale. Mint condition, inquire within. (I don't sign in often, so please allow plenty of time for a response)

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by invisible View Post
    why are you here?
    my thoughts exactly. stop trying to co-opt this forum and $#@! off.

There must be some mistake. What about Trump being a noninterventionist and wanting to audit the Fed?

lol. How you can hang Rand for his efforts while saying we should take that 1% chance with Donald is beyond me.

his father did similar symbolic $#@! to advance his agenda and you shouldnt pretend you dont know what he was doing. in policy he has always opposed those people.. when it actually matters....
    Just curious of your opinion and others here when Rand boasted working with the Heritage Foundation last year to develop his tax plan policy?

Just curious of your opinion and others here when Rand boasted working with the Heritage Foundation last year to develop his tax plan policy?

Steve Moore at Heritage authored the plan. I am not a huge fan of the supply side stuff but Steve Moore was a protege of Julian Simon. You could do a lot worse.

For example, you could be Donald Trump and win the praise of Paul Krugman for your economic views. Trump Is Right on Economics http://www.nytimes.com/2015/09/07/op...economics.html

Last edited by Krugminator2; 02-29-2016 at 06:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Krugminator2 View Post
    Steve Moore at Heritage authored the plan. I am not a huge fan of the supply side stuff but Steve Moore was a protege of Julian Simon. You could do a lot worse.

For example, you could be Donald Trump and win the praise of Paul Krugman for your economic views. Trump Is Right on Economics http://www.nytimes.com/2015/09/07/op...economics.html

I would have been fine with Rand's tax plan if the VAT was not hidden on the business side but rather incurred on the final sale where the consumers see it on their receipts and know exactly why the cost of the product went up in price.

If Trump backs off on this notion of trying to primary Rand, I'll chalk up his saying that to him just debating like a bulldog and ripping apart everyone that gets in his way. Mind you, the main reason why I've decided against voting for Trump is largely because he said he wanted Rand out of office (not my only reason, mind you).

P.S. - AuH20's remarks about Rand joining the establishment are pure bull$#@! and he really ought to knock it off unless he wants to get ejected from this forum again, which at this point I wouldn't see as an entirely bad thing.

Trump doesn't want my vote fully $#@! that guy.

"Rand Paul, a senator in Kentucky, fought very hard today and the last number of weeks, fighting us every inch of the way, and we won, and we won by quite a few votes," Trump said.

Donald J. Trump – Verified account ‏@realDonaldTrump

Why would anyone in Kentucky listen to failed presidential candidate Rand Paul re: caucus. Made a fool of himself (1%.)
    KY his 2nd choice!
    8:10 AM - 5 Mar 2016
    Last edited by nikcers; 03-06-2016 at 02:08 AM.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    The hypocrisy by you Trump supporters is astounding.

Rand does something you don't agree with = OMG TRAITOR CAN'T SUPPORT HIM ANYMORE!

Trump does the exact same thing + a bunch of other $#@! that is a 100 times worse than Rand ever did = yea but he's anti-establishment!

Also funny how some who were Trump supporters from the start pretend that Rand did something for them to turn on him. You aren't fooling anyone with that BS.

Quote Originally Posted by nikcers View Post
    Trump doesn't want my vote fully $#@! that guy.
    I admit I was never a Trump fan but after that $#@! I'm actually going to vote for Cruz, even though I'm not a Cruz fan. I'm 100% committed to not voting for Trump even if he's the nominee.

I hate trump and everything he stands for so AUH2O go away, start courting the mexicans to build a wall or hate some muslims because that is whats important.

Now that being said, Rand did make a colossal mistake that first debate. No voter wanted to hear that. And now he'll have to endorse trump? Trump can say i don't want your endorsement, blow this thing up and ruin his senate run. Ffs rand, you really messed up.

WTF was Trump doing last night? Guy is delusional and he's starting to implode. He was supposed to sweep or have narrow losses and he dropped like 20+ points from his averages. He was acting like Rand campaigned against him or something...

Rand selected a bad strategy in attacking Trump. One of many bad strategies that mark his career in the Senate.

Quote Originally Posted by Smitty View Post
    Rand selected a bad strategy in attacking Trump. One of many bad strategies that mark his career in the Senate.
    Tell us more about the "bad strategies" of Rand in the Senate.
    “I don’t think that there will be any curtailing of Donald Trump as president,” he said. "He controls the media, he controls the sentiment [and] he controls everybody. He’s the one who will resort to executive orders more so than [President] Obama ever used them." - Ron Paul

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Select a tag for more discussion on that topic