Thread: Mother arrested after shooting home invader

Mother arrested after shooting home invader

Good for her!

DEKALB COUNTY, Ga. — A DeKalb County couple told Channel 2 Action News they shot a home invader to protect their four children. During the family's last encounter with the man resulted in the mother shooting the man and being arrested for it.

The father, who does not want to be identified, said he told the alleged intruder, Demarcus McDowell to stop harassing his neighbor and one week later the man kicked in his apartment door.

The father told Channel 2's Tyisha Fernandes when he and his wife heard someone jiggling their door knob they grabbed their guns.

"I opened up the door and this predator guy I've seen periodically in our community, he was just standing there. I said 'Man why are you messing with my door?'" the father said.

Police say McDowell left, but two hours later he came back and kicked in the family's front door.

The mother says she saw McDowell standing in the doorway.

"I'm still sleep, she said 'baby get up somebody is in our house!," the father said. "I went up under my bed and grabbed my firearm again. By the time I got ready, he was already in my house and the only thing I did was fire the shot at him and he disappeared."

One of his four children told police she saw the whole thing, including McDowell take off running.

The next day, the terrified children went to school when their parents picked them up at the bus stop.
    "We see the same guy, different clothes on with a weapon in his hand, like a pole or something heading back to my house so I immediately called 911," the father said.

Police say the man's wife shot McDowell this time.

Police arrested her and charged her with aggravated assault.

McDowell was arrested and charged with burglary in the first degree.

http://www.wsbtv.com/news/news/local...invader/nqZLH/
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    “I went up under my bed and grabbed my firearm again. By the time I got ready, he was already in my house and the only thing I did was fire the shot at him and he disappeared.”
    The father didn’t know if he hit McDowell or not, according to the police report.
    The next day, when the parents picked their kids up at the bus stop, they saw McDowell in a different set of clothes, carrying a pole, according to Channel 2.
    The father called 911, but his wife shot McDowell three times in the parking lot of the apartment complex, the station said.
    Because McDowell wasn’t actively breaking into the family’s apartment, police arrested and charged the wife with aggravated assault, according to Channel 2.
    McDowell was in DeKalb County Jail Sunday on a $10,000 cash only bond, facing first degree burglary charges, according to Channel 2.
    http://www.ajc.com/news/news/local/d...-home-i/nqZRT/

not sure how I feel about this one

'We endorse the idea of voluntarism; self-responsibility: Family, friends, and churches to solve problems, rather than saying that some monolithic government is going to make you take care of yourself and be a better person. It's a preposterous notion: It never worked, it never will. The government can't make you a better person; it can't make you follow good habits.' - Ron Paul 1988

Awareness is the Root of Liberation Revolution is Action upon Revelation

'Resistance and Disobedience in Economic Activity is the Most Moral Human Action Possible' - SEK3

Flectere si nequeo superos, Acheronta movebo.

...the familiar ritual of institutional self-absolution...
    ...for protecting them, by mock trial, from punishment...

Quote Originally Posted by presence View Post
    Well, he broke in their house twice after harassing another resident and shows up at the bus stop...what are ya suppose to do? Call the cops? She didn't kill him and I don't blame her one bit for shooting the pos.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

I do.
    That girl needs shooting lessons.. and a better firearm.

and a pat on the back from the community at large.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post
    Well, he broke in their house twice after harassing another resident and shows up at the bus stop...what are ya suppose to do? Call the cops? She didn't kill him and I don't blame her one bit for shooting the pos.
    What somebody did yesterday can provide context into how their actions are view today but it doesn't in and of itself justify the use of deadly force.

I suppose I just need more info.
    I'll give you creepy dude is creepy, but vague article is vague.

'We endorse the idea of voluntarism; self-responsibility: Family, friends, and churches to solve problems, rather than saying that some monolithic government is going to make you take care of yourself and be a better person. It's a preposterous notion: It never worked, it never will. The government can't make you a better person; it can't make you follow good habits.' - Ron Paul 1988

Awareness is the Root of Liberation Revolution is Action upon Revelation

'Resistance and Disobedience in Economic Activity is the Most Moral Human Action Possible' - SEK3

Flectere si nequeo superos, Acheronta movebo.

...the familiar ritual of institutional self-absolution...
    ...for protecting them, by mock trial, from punishment...

Did she "fear for her life?"

Did she react as any reasonable citizen would?

Why is she in jail?

Because she doesn't have a powerful politically connected union.

That is all.

I feel like they should have aimed better and put him down the first time while he was in the house.

Shooting a guy in a parking lot while not in immediate threat to their life or in defense of their property is a no no..