Thread: Primary date moved to June 7th, runoff rule eliminated

Primary date moved to June 7th, runoff rule eliminated

WHAT HAPPENS NOW THAT NORTH CAROLINA'S GOT 2 PRIMARIES?

Wednesday, February 24, 2016 03:28PM

RALEIGH -- A federal judges' ruling on North Carolina's congressional districts this month has turned the primary election on its head.

Now there are two primary dates - June 7 for the congressional elections and the previously scheduled March 15 for all other races.

The March 15 primary election will otherwise go as planned, with races for president, governor, U.S. Senate, the legislature and county positions still in place. A $2 billion statewide bond referendum is also on the ballot.

NO RUNOFFS

Your votes may be even more valuable to candidates because the updated election schedule law eliminated all primary runoffs in 2016.

Usually, the top two vote-getters advance to a runoff if the first-place candidate fails to receive above 40 percent of the vote. Now the leading candidate will advance to the general election no matter what percentage received.

The change was designed to avoid voter confusion and overloading officials with potentially five elections over eight months. But it also means someone with potentially less than 30 percent in a four-person race, for example, could advance.

read more:
    http://abc11.com/politics/what-happe...aries/1217029/

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Does that make NC a winner take all state in the POTUS primaries?
    I too have been a close observer of the doings of the Bank of the United States...When you won, you divided the profits amongst you, and when you lost, you charged it to the bank...You are a den of vipers and thieves. I have determined to rout you out, and by the Eternal, I will rout you out!

Andrew Jackson, 1834

Your votes may be even more valuable to candidates because the updated election schedule law eliminated all primary runoffs in 2016.

Usually, the top two vote-getters advance to a runoff if the first-place candidate fails to receive above 40 percent of the vote. Now the leading candidate will advance to the general election no matter what percentage received.
    That is terrible news for liberty candidates.
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

Only 8 days until the primary.

This rule change is favorable to the incumbent. Finally some rule change goes the way of a liberty candidate!
    The enemy of my enemy may be worse than my enemy.

I do not suffer from Trump Rearrangement Syndrome. Sorry if that triggers you.