Thread: NC 2016 Primary Candidates

Supporting Member
    North Carolina

NC 2016 Primary Candidates

With the primary upon us shortly, I'd like to go over the best liberty-minded candidates in the Republican Primary.

For Senate I think Brannon is the obvious choice.

For Governor I believe C. Robert Brawley would be superior to McCrory.

Attorney General is between Buck Newton and Jim O'Neill. GRNC is giving the nod to Newton there so I will probably vote for him unless I hear otherwise/

NC Attorney General I believe Stevens over Troxler is the best choice.

NC Commissioner of Insurance I am leaning towards Mike Causey, but I don't have much information.

NC Secretary of State is Michael LaPaglia vs A.J. Daoud. I have no idea here.

NC Superintendent of Public Instruction is Mark Johnson, J. Wesley Sills, and Rosemary Stein. No idea here as well.

If anyone else has better information I would appreciate it. This is just from what little research I have done so far.
    Equality is a false god.

Armatissimi e Liberissimi

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I'm voting for Newton for AG as well. I'll probably vote Daoud for Secretary of State. I've heard Rosemary Stein is the one to vote for in the Superintendent race, but I could be wrong.
    Last edited by dntrpltt; 02-27-2016 at 07:14 PM.

I'm glad you posted this thread for us in North Carolina. Brannon is a given. I'm having a hard time with Attorney General, coming off of Roy Cooper, who should be buried under the jail for his corruption.

Quote Originally Posted by Southron View Post
    With the primary upon us shortly, I'd like to go over the best liberty-minded candidates in the Republican Primary.

For Senate I think Brannon is the obvious choice. Yes.

For Governor I believe C. Robert Brawley would be superior to McCrory. Yes. By far. By very far.

Attorney General is between Buck Newton and Jim O'Neill. GRNC is giving the nod to Newton there so I will probably vote for him unless I hear otherwise/ Yes.

NC Attorney General I believe Stevens over Troxler is the best choice. Yes.
    I know Andy Stephens personally, and he's in lockstep with us on principle and platform. Troxler is a piece of crap.

NC Commissioner of Insurance I am leaning towards Mike Causey, but I don't have much information. Yes.
    I know Causey personally, and he was helpful to me during some of my 10th Amendment stuff when all the other Republicans pretended they didn't know me. He joined my Farmer's freedom press conference when 10th Amendment stuff was treated as wholly toxic.

NC Secretary of State is Michael LaPaglia vs A.J. Daoud. I have no idea here. LaPaglia is a bit tighter on principle, but has no history, Daoud is a bit looser on principle, but he has a solid history, he has been very inclusive of the Liberty movement, and has personally been very helpful to me.

NC Superintendent of Public Instruction is Mark Johnson, J. Wesley Sills, and Rosemary Stein. No idea here as well. Rosemary Stein all the way.

If anyone else has better information I would appreciate it. This is just from what little research I have done so far.
    Replies interspersed in bold italic green.

Supporting Member
    North Carolina

Thanks. I'm pretty much covered except for one County Commissioner race in Randolph County.
    Equality is a false god.

Supporting Member
    North Carolina

Early voted this week. Rand was still on the ballot.
    Equality is a false god.

Got pegged for a 10-day job starting Sunday night, so I went and early voted today.

Voted for:

Rand Paul POTUS
    Greg Brannon US Senate
    C. Robert Brawley NC Governor
    Buck Newton NC Attorney General
    Andy Stephens NC Commissioner of Agriculture
    Mike Causey NC Commissioner of Insurance
    A. J. Daud NC Secretary of State
    Rosemary Stein NC Superintendent of Public Instruction
    Michael Schriver Franklin County Board of Commissioners District 5
    A. Chance Wilkinson NC District Court Judge District 9

and...

Against Connect NC Public Improvement Bond

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.