Thread: Is Donald Trump the only candidate that Rand Paul could succeed policy-wise in 2020 or 2024?

Is Donald Trump the only candidate that Rand Paul could succeed policy-wise in 2020 or 2024?

Trump has the ability to make Rand Paul's Audit The Fed (Media calls:"Conspiracy stuff") & his foreign policy mainstream in the GOP.

Trump could lose 49 to 51 in 2016 and still be the mainstream Republican group of ideas. He could lose in 2020.

How would Rand ever succeed Rubio or Cruz with the policy differences? Id like to see some odds on a bunch of freshman Senators from the same era succeeding eachother or even consecutively winning a GOP primary.
    BOWLING GREEN, Kentucky – Washington liberals are trying to push through the so-called DREAM Act, which creates an official path to Democrat voter registration for 2 million college-age illegal immigrants.
    Rand Paul 2010

Booker T. Washington:
    Cast it down among the eight millions of Negroes whose habits you know, whose
    fidelity and love you have tested in days when to have proved treacherous meant the ruin of your firesides.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Obama was a freshman Senator, Rubio is the GOP Obama, so if he won it would happen.
    “I don’t think that there will be any curtailing of Donald Trump as president,” he said. "He controls the media, he controls the sentiment [and] he controls everybody. He’s the one who will resort to executive orders more so than [President] Obama ever used them." - Ron Paul

Quote Originally Posted by RandallFan View Post
    Trump has the ability to make Rand Paul's Audit The Fed (Media calls:"Conspiracy stuff") & his foreign policy mainstream in the GOP.

Trump could lose 49 to 51 in 2016 and still be the mainstream Republican group of ideas. He could lose in 2020.

How would Rand ever succeed Rubio or Cruz with the policy differences? Id like to see some odds on a bunch of freshman Senators from the same era succeeding eachother or even consecutively winning a GOP primary.

Audit the Fed is a mainstream bill. Almost every Republican in the Senate and House voted for it. The reason it doesn't get implemented has nothing to do with the secretive the Fed does. The bill is not an actual audit of transactions. It is a way to give Congress influence over monetary policy by having auditors in policy meetings. It doesn't get implemented because deep down enough people realize that having Congress involved in monetary policy is a terrible idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Krugminator2 View Post
    Audit the Fed is a mainstream bill. Almost every Republican in the Senate and House voted for it. The reason it doesn't get implemented has nothing to do with the secretive the Fed does. The bill is not an actual audit of transactions. It is a way to give Congress influence over monetary policy by having auditors in policy meetings. It doesn't get implemented because deep down enough people realize that having Congress involved in monetary policy is a terrible idea.
    as far as I know that is the argument that people like Bernanke and Krugman would give for not auditing the fed...

this is not true as far as I know. the bill would look at the fed's loans to foreign central banks and regular banks as well as the open market committee meetings. I see nothing wrong with that..

the fed was created by congressional authority and should be regulated by it.
    The ultimate minority is the individual. Protect the individual from Democracy and you will protect all groups of individuals
    Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add 'within the limits of the law' because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual. - Thomas Jefferson
    I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

- Bene Gesserit Litany Against Fear

Quote Originally Posted by CPUd View Post
    Obama was a freshman Senator, Rubio is the GOP Obama, so if he won it would happen.
    Rubio is not the GOP Obama. He's the second coming of Rick Lazio.

Select a tag for more discussion on that topic