Thread: Rand Paul getting delegates in the Nevada Caucus

Rand Paul getting delegates in the Nevada Caucus

Great job ...Rand is already positioned to get delegates in Nevada with 2.7% reporting - he will need approximately 75 votes

http://www.politico.com/2016-electio...esident/nevada

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Rand is crushing Bush, with twice as many votes.
    “I don’t think that there will be any curtailing of Donald Trump as president,” he said. "He controls the media, he controls the sentiment [and] he controls everybody. He’s the one who will resort to executive orders more so than [President] Obama ever used them." - Ron Paul

xxxxx
    Last edited by Voluntarist; 07-22-2018 at 05:35 PM.
    You have the right to remain silent. Anything you post to the internet can and will be used to humiliate you.

Quote Originally Posted by CPUd View Post
    Rand is crushing Bush, with twice as many votes.
    He's catching on! I'm telling ya!

Freedom Report

Twitter Page

"I am convinced that there are more threats to American liberty within the 10 mile radius of my office on Capitol Hill than there are on the rest of the globe." -- Ron Paul

Quote Originally Posted by Voluntarist View Post
    Evidently not. Rand ended up with 170 votes (0.2% of the vote) and no delegates.
    It must feel like the hours after you've purchased a lottery ticket which lead up to the drawing; that span of time where you dream about a payoff. And then the lottery numbers appear and reality smacks you plain in the face and you admit that nothing's changing today.
    You can't really predict proportional delegate allocation, especially by number of votes needed, until you know the turnout. Greenpapers usually has the allocation rules per state:

All 30 National Convention delegates are proportionally bound to Presidential contenders based on today's caucus vote.

A 3.33% threshold is required in order for a contender to be allocated delegates [1 ÷ 30 delegates = 3.33%].

Rule 1.0 says "National Delegates ... shall be allocated proportionally based on the final results ... rounded to the nearest whole number" while Subsection 8.1 says "When rounding off numbers in the calculation of the allocation of Delegates, the calculation will be based on the largest remainder method". Standing Rules 1.0 and 8.1 appear to be contradictory.

Interpretation A:
    For those candidates receiving 3.33% or more of the vote: The number of delegates = 30 × (candidate's popular vote) ÷ (total statewide vote for those candidates exceeding the threshold) rounded to the nearest whole number. If a delegate remains, round up the candidate with the largest remainder (?). Not sure what to do if rounding allocates too many delegates.

Interpretation B (largest remainder method):
    For those candidates receiving 3.33% or more of the vote: The number of delegates = 30 × (candidate's popular vote) ÷ (total statewide vote for those candidates exceeding the threshold). Award each candidate the whole number of delegates. Beginning with the candidate with the largest remainder, round up to the next whole number. Repeat for the next highest remainder until all delegates are allocated.
    “I don’t think that there will be any curtailing of Donald Trump as president,” he said. "He controls the media, he controls the sentiment [and] he controls everybody. He’s the one who will resort to executive orders more so than [President] Obama ever used them." - Ron Paul