Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wireless Wake-up Call

Wireless Wake-up Call

Published on Feb 18, 2016

A Silicon-valley engineer turned technology health advocate, Jeromy Johnson discusses our attachment to technology and the health hazards such an addiction may hold.

Jeromy Johnson is an expert in mitigating the negative impacts of Electromagnetic Field (EMF) exposure. He has a leading website on the topic and consults with individuals, families and organizations around the world to implement solutions that reduce and eliminate EMF pollution. Jeromy has an advanced degree in Civil Engineering and has worked in Silicon Valley for 15 years. After becoming what medical doctors call “Electro-hypersensitive” (EHS) in 2011 after extensive exposure to EMF radiation, he embarked on a journey of regaining his own health and educating others to critically evaluate theirs.

This talk was given at a TEDx event using the TED conference format but independently organized by a local community.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    No interest in this topic? Too busy using your "smart" phone to care what it's doing to your body?

What if I told you that courageous people are being pressured to shut up about the danger we all face from wireless devices?

For instance, this American math teacher, who was fired due to her persistence:

And this Australian journalist:

Last edited by Suzu; 02-25-2016 at 11:53 AM.

It is a serious issue, no doubt.
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

Personal experience with a digital electric meter

The electronic meter on my house doesn't even have the RF signal turned on yet, and already causing a lot of grief.

My house had an analog meter when I moved in. It was replaced with a digital meter without my knowledge a few years later. At the time, I didn't suspect it was causing trouble, but shortly after it was installed, I started having many unusual symptoms which I later realized were improved when I moved my bed to another part of the house, where it so happens that there's no wiring in the wall near the bed.

Only in the past week or so has it occurred to me that all the problems started when my meter was switched out. Before moving my bed, I was dealing with:

-- extremely severe, long-lasting, immobilizing leg cramps during the night. It was terrifying!
    -- waking up nauseated every morning. I've always had what they call "an iron stomach"; I have to literally consume poison to get nauseous. Thus, to suddenly start experiencing nausea on a daily basis was very strange.
    -- waking up in the middle of the night with my heart pounding hard and very fast. It would happen on waking up, too, sometimes.This was quite worrisome because I already have a weak heart. I thought I was dying....
    -- extreme fatigue, wanting to sleep all day, every day... which of course I could rarely do, so I dragged myself around feeling half dead most of the time.
    -- joint pain from old injuries, worse than it had been when the injuries were fresh. I can't handle opiates or NSAIDs, and I didn't know of any other ways to kill the pain. The agonizing pain went on for years.
    -- episodes of incontinence, both bladder and bowel. I couldn't go anywhere unless I had quick access to a restroom.
    -- frequent headaches.
    -- inexplicable weight gain.
    -- thinning of hair, and it went from slightly gray to almost totally grey in a matter of months.
    -- rapid decline in visual acuity.
    -- high-pitched sound in the ears.
    -- inability to concentrate or focus. I spent far too much time looking for things I had misplaced. I'd forget what I was talking about in mid-sentence or where I was going in mid-stride.
    -- frequent appearance of bruises with no obvious cause.

Moving the bed helped alleviate the symptoms, but I still suffer to a lesser extent. I would really like to get the old analog meter back and see what happens... I have asked the city to put the old meter back on the house, and twice I was told they would do it, but I still have the digital meter. I've taken measurements of the EMI fields throughout the house, and they are WAY higher than what building biologists consider safe.

My pets have suffered as well. I lost a fairly young cat to congestive heart failure soon after the meter was changed. Another died about a year later of pancreatic cancer. He wasn't very old.... Nine months later, one died of sudden heart failure. She was only 2.5 years old.... Another has an intestinal condition that the vets can't find a cause for, and he is dying slowly because he can't absorb nutrients. And one has a chronic infection that does not respond to any drug. All this heartache on top of my own health issues was very, very difficult.

I've spent thousands of dollars (that I couldn't really afford) on various remedies in an effort to stave off the decline in my health, and countless hours researching what could be wrong before finally realizing it's probably the digital meter. I've never owned or used a cellular phone. I don't even have a cordless phone. I don't use wireless for the internet and have never owned or used a microwave oven.

The only "high-tech" devices in my home are a room air conditioner unit that I can't afford to turn on, and the computer and modem -- and, as I said, I don't use the wireless. My life has been turned upside down!

In researching the meter brand and model that's on my house, I find it can operate in several modes and be upgraded for data to be sent to collection hubs on the grid and then transmitted from there to a data storage facility.

It hasn't been continuously spewing microwaves 24/7 yet. However, even when used with a mobile collection device in "wake up mode", it still produces "dirty electricity".

In addition to its RF transmitter, each wireless digital meter also has a switching-mode power supply (SMPS) that ‘steps down’ the 240v alternating current from the utility pole power lines to the small amount of direct current needed to run the meter’s digital electronics which record the electricity usage data. The SMPS function emits sharp spikes in millisecond bursts continuously. These spikes have been measured up to 50,000 Hz and higher.

This constant pulsing of high frequencies, in addition to the RF function, causes interference with other electric and electronic equipment, and it wreaks havoc with any biological systems -- human, animal and plant -- in its field of exposure. It is well known that SMPSs can generate spikes of electromagnetic interference (EMI), or high frequency transients, which travel along the wiring in the walls, radiating out into the wiring’s electromagnetic field.

Such spikes are known as ‘dirty electricity’. This function is on ALL electronic meters. Dr. Sam Milham's book, "Dirty Electricity: Electrification and the Diseases of Civilization" provides further understanding of the problem.

This ‘dirty electricity’ is a major contributor to the symptoms being reported by growing numbers of people in connection with electronic meters. Opt-out arrangements in which the wireless meter has its RF transmitting function turned off does NOT eliminate the spikes going into the building's wiring, and so would not prevent negative EMI health effects in the occupants.

For details please read Is Dirty Electricity Making You Sick? and the January 2010 article, Is Electrosmog Harming Our Health?

Engineer Rob States gave an outstanding thirty-minute presentation, Expert Debunks Corporate 'Smart' Meter Craze, at a town meeting in early 2011 in Cotati, CA. He laid out the risks to privacy, safety, security and human health posed by mass installation of electronic meters.

States is one of two engineers in California who have been diligently investigating electronic meter dirty power and RF issues. The combined team has two MS degrees from MIT, a California Professional Engineer license and a PhD from Stanford in Electrical Engineering. They concluded that since people with no history of EMI sensitivity are experiencing symptoms the first day the electronic meter is installed, before the RF network is turned on, it can be assumed that RF emissions are not the only problem.

The digital meters are also gaining quite a reputation as a cause of house fires, regardless whether the RF function is turned on or not. (Watch Smart Meter Fires Explained on YouTube.) This alone is good reason to declare a moratorium on their deployment.

Since the technology that is being dismantled has shown none of the risks of electronic meters, an aggressive plan to offer an analog meter opt-out would be a judicious step. A more prudent course would be to treat the whole project as a major risk and reconsider its deployment.
    Last edited by Suzu; 04-22-2016 at 11:39 AM.

WHere are the links to the scientific journals and studies?

A segment of the population is going to exhibit sensitivity to anything be it chemical, electrical or even sound.

Meters in and of themselves only measure, the self reporting ones do transmit but they do so within bands used by other services.

Those who claim sensitivity have been affected before due to the sheer number of radio transmitters in use so the likelihood of this particular transmitter being the culprit of their malady is pretty slim....

I keep some tin foil around for when I experience symptoms sometimes.
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

Quote Originally Posted by angelatc View Post
    WHere are the links to the scientific journals and studies?
    I've been researching this topic for a while and come across many. You might start by looking at http://www.emf-portal.de/

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheTexan View Post
    I keep some tin foil around for when I experience symptoms sometimes.
    Foil isn't very effective. If you really want to protect yourself, there's a wealth of information and resources at www.lessemf.com

Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post
    A segment of the population is going to exhibit sensitivity to anything be it chemical, electrical or even sound.

Meters in and of themselves only measure, the self reporting ones do transmit but they do so within bands used by other services.

Those who claim sensitivity have been affected before due to the sheer number of radio transmitters in use so the likelihood of this particular transmitter being the culprit of their malady is pretty slim....
    Perhaps... but then again, maybe some reading would be useful. I would start here:

https://www.scribd.com/doc/52614951/...ers#fullscreen

Quote Originally Posted by Suzu View Post
    Perhaps... but then again, maybe some reading would be useful. I would start here:

https://www.scribd.com/doc/52614951/...ers#fullscreen
    I've been around high voltage, not residential stuff most of my life, did a stint at Motorola when I got out of the service so high wattage RF too...

Your link points to RF causing "harm"........

I think it's total and utter bull$#@! based on my own personal experience.

Further I think people who cry foul about RF are hypochondriacs..

Now if you'd like to discuss the privacy issue I'll bet we're on the same page...

Your link points to RF causing "harm"........

I think it's total and utter bull$#@! based on my own personal experience.

Further I think people who cry foul about RF are hypochondriacs..

Now if you'd like to discuss the privacy issue I'll bet we're on the same page...
    It would make me very happy if you were right. Those heart pounding episodes are no fun at all. Neither is crapping your pants because you have no control.

Maybe you'd believe this engineer when he talks about the experiences of radar operators and local residents in the 1930s...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xAZ_KGN2vAc

Or, this article from Experimental Oncology: Long-Term Exposure To Microwave Radiation Provokes Cancer Growth: Evidences From Radars And Mobile Communication Systems

Dr Devra Davis is an internationally recognised expert on electromagnetic radiation from mobile phones and other wireless transmitting devices. She is currently the Visiting Professor of Medicine at the Hebrew University Hadassah Medical School, and Visiting Professor of Medicine at Ondokuz Mayis University, Turkey. Dr Davis was Founding Director of the Center for Environmental Oncology at The University of Pittsburgh Cancer Institute —* the first institute of its kind in the world, to examine the environmental factors that contribute to the majority of cases of cancer.

Quote Originally Posted by Suzu View Post
    The electronic meter on my house doesn't even have the RF signal turned on yet, and already causing a lot of grief.

My house had an analog meter when I moved in. It was replaced with a digital meter without my knowledge a few years later. At the time, I didn't suspect it was causing trouble, but shortly after it was installed, I started having many unusual symptoms which I later realized were improved when I moved my bed to another part of the house, where it so happens that there's no wiring in the wall near the bed.
    Hi! I've deployed Stetzerizer filters around the houses I've lived at and it works quite well to significantly reduce dirty electricity. Buying an inexpensive dirty electricity tester is needed too to locate areas with high levels. Couple of other things I noticed from your post: I've stood outside some houses testing for smart meter EMFs. Some that are set to broadcast, can broadcast every 10-15 seconds and some many minutes apart. I did find one house that had a smart gas meter that looked like an analog meter (see for example: http://www.smartmetereducationnetwor...ed-meter.php#6). When smart meters do broadcast, it's a higher than anything I've ever tested around a house. You have said that you don't use wireless, but some modems/routers broadcast continuously whether you use the wireless or not. I purchased a modem and router that I can turn off the broadcast so I can just use the wired setup. If I do have to have wireless turned on, I turn it off before bedtime.

A couple of years ago, I rented a house, wired it for Ethernet. No wireless, no smart meters, filtered for dirty electricity. Visitors noticed that it felt peaceful to be there and I think it was partly due to the lack of radiation bombardment. Things that tend to test very high in RF include smart meters, modems/routers, some cordless phones, some smart phones, some laptops and other broadcasting boxes (Roku, AppleTV). Glad more people are going low tech.

lol, Tin foil is hard to find, but it works a lot better than aluminum foil. Mu metal (nickel-iron) shielding is best!
    It's much easier to solder tin to attach a grounding wire, otherwise a crimp or screw with a terminal could be used for aluminum.

Be aware of dis-similar metals if a lot of current or lots of hair conditioner moisture is expected.
    Always consider safety, especially from electrical shock due to potentially deadly leakage current or a fatal lightning strike!

+++

Seriously, some people may be sensitive, IDK. Distance or shielding would be the only options.
    Metal (not fiberglass) window screen should be enough and it lets light and air pass through...

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by twoggle View Post
    Hi! I've deployed Stetzerizer filters around the houses I've lived at and it works quite well to significantly reduce dirty electricity. Buying an inexpensive dirty electricity tester is needed too to locate areas with high levels. Couple of other things I noticed from your post: I've stood outside some houses testing for smart meter EMFs. Some that are set to broadcast, can broadcast every 10-15 seconds and some many minutes apart. I did find one house that had a smart gas meter that looked like an analog meter (see for example: http://www.smartmetereducationnetwor...ed-meter.php#6). When smart meters do broadcast, it's a higher than anything I've ever tested around a house. You have said that you don't use wireless, but some modems/routers broadcast continuously whether you use the wireless or not. I purchased a modem and router that I can turn off the broadcast so I can just use the wired setup. If I do have to have wireless turned on, I turn it off before bedtime.

A couple of years ago, I rented a house, wired it for Ethernet. No wireless, no smart meters, filtered for dirty electricity. Visitors noticed that it felt peaceful to be there and I think it was partly due to the lack of radiation bombardment. Things that tend to test very high in RF include smart meters, modems/routers, some cordless phones, some smart phones, some laptops and other broadcasting boxes (Roku, AppleTV). Glad more people are going low tech.
    I forgot to mention I don't have any sort of TV subscription. I have an old TV that I only use to watch DVDs. It hasn't even been turned on in the last 4 years or so.

The wireless function in my router is disabled, and it's disabled on the laptop too. I use an external keyboard and mouse, and enlarge the type, so I can keep out of the field of energy. But all the neighbors have wireless and they usually leave it on all the time. I could, theoretically, connect to their wireless if I had the right info. I have metal screens on all the windows, along with low-e glass, but it still comes through the walls and roof.

Will try using an earthing sheet when I can afford the fabric to make my own.

All this protection could be pointless anyway if the "Global Wi-fi Project" takes off or the suddenly-ubiquitous cell towers get turned on for their ultimate purpose.

Quote Originally Posted by FindLiberty View Post
    some people may be sensitive, IDK.
    We're all being affected whether we feel it or not.

Here have a counterpoint;

Electromagnetic Radiation and the Human Body

http://www.humantruth.info/radiation.html

Modern technology uses a lot of electrical and field energies. Mobile phones, phone masts, power lines, wireless networks are all human technologies that involve field-effects. All these technologies use the electromagnetic spectrum. All energy, in fact, exists somewhere on that spectrum, including visible light, micro waves, and dangerous high-energy gamma radiation. Some people fear the effects of electromagnetic radiation on the human body (I assume they are not afraid of light, though), and this text is about that fear.

Hit the link instead of me cluttering up this thread any more........

Here have a counterpoint;

Electromagnetic Radiation and the Human Body

http://www.humantruth.info/radiation.html

Modern technology uses a lot of electrical and field energies. Mobile phones, phone masts, power lines, wireless networks are all human technologies that involve field-effects. All these technologies use the electromagnetic spectrum. All energy, in fact, exists somewhere on that spectrum, including visible light, micro waves, and dangerous high-energy gamma radiation. Some people fear the effects of electromagnetic radiation on the human body (I assume they are not afraid of light, though), and this text is about that fear.

Hit the link instead of me cluttering up this thread any more........
    As you would have seen if you had paid attention to the other side's evidence, it's not the frequencies so much as the pattern of their emissions. The body can get used to being exposed to certain frequencies, if they are constant, but not when they are intermittent. Here is a very short video demonstration of what I mean here:

I have paid attention Suzu, I'm trying to not say anything too offensive.........

I thought a big factor was square waves versus sinusoidal waves. (I'm not watching any of these videos.)
    The digital nature of modern signals has more impact on "living" things at a given power level.
    Even implanted RFID chips (in glass) have a higher potential for nearby cellular damage... IDK

I have paid attention Suzu, I'm trying to not say anything too offensive.........
    I've read the info at your link. Most of it is at least seven years old and claims that non-ionizing radiation below the level that would cause body tissue to heat up is harmless. That idea is at least twenty years old. More recent studies have shown that non-ionizing radiation most definitely *is* dangerous.

If you look at none of the other sources I've given in this thread, at least see the video from this one post. After that, if you still think your case holds water, let me know.

I'm not going to spend an hour on that, sorry.......

If you're convinced that RF waves are affecting your life then okay.

As I said earlier, I've been around high wattage RF at Motorola and work in a high voltage EMF environment daily with no adverse effects.

There may actually be some people who are genuinely affected, I'm just more than a little skeptical...Especially residential levels in rural USA........

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I'm not going to spend an hour on that
    Just listen to the first five minutes of her talk then. If her information doesn't grab you in that time, stop watching.

Okay I've made it over 20 min. in and that broad keeps referring to RF as "radiation"...

Then she states that it may or may not have any biological effect.

Electricity scares people, so does radiation and apparently low wattage RF scares her, so much so that she's put together a slide show of adults and children cooking their heads with cellphones...

I worked at Motorola when the first 800meg systems were hitting the market and there were instances of people being damaged by those RF waves but only by the high wattage base stations. Even then it was from continuous exposure over the course of years and the damage was questionable, ie; fertility issues in men.

The idea that RF exposure "builds up" like exposure to actual radiation doesn't hold water.

Sure high powered RF can cook things but I've not been convinced that low power is harmful in any way.

Could be I'm wrong but for now I'm not buying it.

Resonance Beings of Frequency reveals how our reliance on a technology that is proving to be unsafe, could result in us paying the ultimate price.

Resonance Beings of Frequency reveals how our reliance on a technology that is proving to be unsafe, could result in us paying the ultimate price.

Most cell phones are in the 800 mhz range. The "human resonance" is supposedly in the 62-68 Hz range. If that is true, cell phones will not effect human resonance since they are completely different.

http://www.sportstouch.com/keep-your...requency-high/

In 1992, Bruce Tanino of Tainio Technology built the first frequency monitor in the world. He was able to determine that the average frequency of the human body during daytime is 62-68 Hz. The Body resonates a frequency when healthy between 62-72 Hz. When the frequency drops, our immune system is compromised and a disease process is more apt to begin to develop.

Here are some of the findings he found:

Human Body:
    Genius Brain Frequency 80-82 MHz
    Brain Frequency Range 72-90 MHz
    Normal Brain Frequency 72 MHz
    Human Body 62-78 MHz
    Human Body: from Neck up 72-78 MHz
    Human Body: from Neck down 60-68 MHz
    Microwaves can heat water because they operate at the same frequency as a water molecule. They can accelerate water molecule electrons. http://www.schoolphysics.co.uk/age16...ens/index.html

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cellular_frequencies

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Microwaves can heat water because they operate at the same frequency as a water molecule. They can accelerate water molecule electrons.
    The human body is largely water.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast