Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Which insurance policy, uh - "running mate" will Trump choose?

Which insurance policy, uh - "running mate" will Trump choose?

Given the lengths that the establishment is going to derail Trump, I think it's obvious that Trump won't allow anyone that is (or can be) corrupted by the "establishment" to be one heartbeat away from the presidency, for fear of this:

Mod edit - graphic image of JFK assassination

So that eliminates most candidates... So who's really left for Trump to choose from?

Rand?

__________ ?
    Last edited by jct74; 02-22-2016 at 06:04 PM. Reason: unimbed

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    LOL if you think Trump gets to choose that. The party already has the running mate picked.
    I dont think that there will be any curtailing of Donald Trump as president, he said. "He controls the media, he controls the sentiment [and] he controls everybody. Hes the one who will resort to executive orders more so than [President] Obama ever used them." - Ron Paul

Probably a Democrat.

Trump/Clinton 2016, "what difference does it make America again".
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

I think he'll pick Carson. It'll pull the wind out of the sails of those who rely on accusations of "racism" as their primary weapon against him. Carson is also a political outsider.
    I too have been a close observer of the doings of the Bank of the United States...When you won, you divided the profits amongst you, and when you lost, you charged it to the bank...You are a den of vipers and thieves. I have determined to rout you out, and by the Eternal, I will rout you out!

Andrew Jackson, 1834

Quote Originally Posted by CPUd View Post
    LOL if you think Trump gets to choose that. The party already has the running mate picked.
    A running mate for Rubio, you mean.

The party's strategy is now the same strategy we had in 2008/2012. Stealth delegates. Everyone stays in as long as possible, nobody gets the magic number of delegates in round one, then -boom- round 2 Rubio is ordained.
    Non-violence is the creed of those that maintain a monopoly on force.

Quote Originally Posted by willwash View Post
    I think he'll pick Carson. It'll pull the wind out of the sails of those who rely on accusations of "racism" as their primary weapon against him. Carson is also a political outsider.
    It would be interesting to see if the left would be willing to call a black man dumb as they did for Palin and Quayle.

If it turns out to be Trump, I can't imagine the party telling him anything.
    #NashvilleStrong

Im a doctor. Thats a baby.~~~Dr. Manny Sethi

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by limequat View Post
    It would be interesting to see if the left would be willing to call a black man dumb as they did for Palin and Quayle.
    No way. The furthest they'll go is to say he is uninformed on foreign policy. The man is a brain surgeon FFS.
    I too have been a close observer of the doings of the Bank of the United States...When you won, you divided the profits amongst you, and when you lost, you charged it to the bank...You are a den of vipers and thieves. I have determined to rout you out, and by the Eternal, I will rout you out!

Andrew Jackson, 1834

They already have.
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

Trump's insurance policy is Hillary Clinton. It's simple. If Trump wins the nomination, Clinton wins the White House.

At this point, I think this is a foregone conclusion no matter who wins the GOP nod.

But perhaps Rand can use this for 2020. "Listen, GOP. We've tried weak, we've tried crazy. Maybe now we can try rational?!"
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

Quote Originally Posted by CaptUSA View Post
    Trump's insurance policy is Hillary Clinton. It's simple. If Trump wins the nomination, Clinton wins the White House.

At this point, I think this is a foregone conclusion no matter who wins the GOP nod.

But perhaps Rand can use this for 2020. "Listen, GOP. We've tried weak, we've tried crazy. Maybe now we can try rational?!"
    The scenario that I envision would entail Trump beating Hillary in an unprecedented landslide. There's just too much that Trump can hit her on... It would be absolute carnage.

Imagine Trump and Hillary standing on the debate stage:

Trump: "When I'm elected president, I will ensure that you are criminally prosecuted for XYZ (insert whatever crime/scandal here)!"

Already getting the popcorn ready.
    Last edited by openfire; 02-22-2016 at 10:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptUSA View Post

The last poll I saw was within the margin of error. Hillary is trending down as people digest the myriad scandals she's created. I do believe trump would win that matchup. Trump vs Bernie = full on establishment revolt. Bloomberg or Biden would jump in. $#@! goes crazy.

It just hit me on the other thread.

Al Sharpton.

Quote Originally Posted by openfire View Post
    The scenario that I envisage would entail Trump beating Hillary in an unprecedented landslide. There's just too much that Trump can hit her on... It would be absolute carnage.

Trump: "When I'm elected president, I will ensure that you are criminally prosecuted for XYZ (insert whatever crime/scandal here)!"

I don't know if he's' willing to do that. I would love it, but I doubt it.

The scenario that I envisage would entail Trump beating Hillary in an unprecedented landslide. There's just too much that Trump can hit her on... It would be absolute carnage.
    I agree with you. It will be a true bloodbath, as he constantly calls for her arrest. Carson not a bad choice for a running mate. Rand would have been a good choice, had he not attacked Trump at the first debate. Kasich possibly, to win Ohio and make Trump a little more palatable to the establishment.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.

He's going to have to beat her straight up. She is very much his equal, in that attacks on her only energize her support base.
    I dont think that there will be any curtailing of Donald Trump as president, he said. "He controls the media, he controls the sentiment [and] he controls everybody. Hes the one who will resort to executive orders more so than [President] Obama ever used them." - Ron Paul

Quote Originally Posted by CPUd View Post
    He's going to have to beat her straight up. She is very much his equal, in that attacks on her only energize her support base.
    Hillary is bleeding woman support. Young women are going bernie.

It doesn't matter in a primary she's going to win anyway. Making it look like she has competition will actually work in her favor.

He'd pick someone like Rand as assassination insurance. Someone the establishment and neocons hate and/or can't control at least as much as Trump.

Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing

Jessie Ventura would be a good insurance policy, not that I certainly agree with Jesse on a lot of things.

If they attempt to kill him, it will be the last option exhausted. Expect every dirty trick in the book to be utilized before the hit teams are contracted.

The last poll I saw was within the margin of error. Hillary is trending down as people digest the myriad scandals she's created. I do believe trump would win that matchup. Trump vs Bernie = full on establishment revolt. Bloomberg or Biden would jump in. $#@! goes crazy.
    So, if people are presented with a viable alternative to Hillary, I'm sure they'd take it. However, Trump becomes a good foil. If Trump were able to get the same percentage of the "white" vote that Romney got (which I think is unlikely), he'd have to get like 30% of minorities to vote for him. And by the time he'd secure the GOP nomination, there would be a full-on scare campaign against him which would drive up the democratic vote.

I cannot envision a scenario in which Trump can win over enough of the electorate to win the general. The only way that could happen would be with a strong third party run from the left, which I don't think will happen once Hillary wins their nomination.
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

Quote Originally Posted by RonPaulGeorge&Ringo View Post
    He'd pick someone like Rand as assassination insurance. Someone the establishment and neocons hate and/or can't control at least as much as Trump.
    Exactly what I'm thinking...

But who else besides Rand is there that fits that definition?

I can think of only 2 people that the PTB would want less than Trump, and both of their last names are Paul.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Not out of the realm of possibility.

http://dcwhispers.com/rumors-swirl-r...webb-alliance/

My wife and all her friends refuse to vote for Hillary. I asked them if that meant they'd vote for Trump to which they all said yes.......scary times indeed.

Name:  charlie_sheen_winning_poster.jpg
Views: 0
Size:  118.3 KB
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by jbauer View Post
    My wife and all her friends refuse to vote for Hillary. I asked them if that meant they'd vote for Trump to which they all said yes.......scary times indeed.
    Are they registered democrats?

Someone else who is incredibly rich. Bloomberg?
    Hofstadter's Law: It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's Law. -Douglas Hofstadter

Life, Liberty, Logic

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Select a tag for more discussion on that topic