Thread: Digital currency backed by gold??

Unregistered

Digital currency backed by gold??

I guess this is not that new, but there's a type of digital currency backed by gold. It's called Hayek Gold? Is this not a threat to the Fed? Will the US Secret Service be visiting this place as soon as they have a large market capitalization?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S-Am0gxTD8s

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Anticollectivist

Gold itself as well as anti collectivist nonconformist common sense and logic are threats to the Fed. And the Fed since its inception as well as the Federal government are the biggest threats to this country. Perhaps the coming currency and sovereign debt crisis will finally make Americans realize just how destructive and oppressive monetary and fiscal policy has been in this country for so many years. And maybe then the immoral corrupt oppressive unpatriotic statists in power will begin to fear the American people whom they have been betraying for so very long.

Very interesting, so if I understand correctly, Anthemvault sells the gold and serves as the storeholder worldwide?

http://hayekgold.co/FAQ

Unregistered

Quote Originally Posted by Anticollectivist View Post
    Gold itself as well as anti collectivist nonconformist common sense and logic are threats to the Fed. And the Fed since its inception as well as the Federal government are the biggest threats to this country. Perhaps the coming currency and sovereign debt crisis will finally make Americans realize just how destructive and oppressive monetary and fiscal policy has been in this country for so many years. And maybe then the immoral corrupt oppressive unpatriotic statists in power will begin to fear the American people whom they have been betraying for so very long.
    Ok... we know that already. What do you think about the site/idea of digital currency backed by gold?

Even if digital currency was backed by gold, there are still two major issues, Fractional Reserve Banking, IE, loaning out more money against the gold that exists than they have in actual gold, and #2, Privacy. The big war on cash right now is because they want EVERY transaction to be monitored, which makes it subject to approval based on opinions or algorithms. PayPal doesnt need to have govt pass a law that prohibits all firearms, they simply say you can not use our services to purchase a firearm in any way shape or form, thus, PayPal dictates the law.

Two sub topics on privacy: First is who has access to that data? Pretty much everyone. Do you like bacon? Yeah, not only is it offensive to muslims, but your Insurance Provider wants to know so they have an excuse to jack up your interest rates. They want you to break their rules to justify the application of an excuse to take more money for you, thereby controlling a persons behavior.

Next: Pure Digital - what happens when the power goes out?

Follow this all up with elimination of all cash PLUS Negative Interest Rates. Putting your money in the bank now costs you money instead of "earning you interest". They'll charge you for saving money and taking money out and putting money in. Might as well be a 20% Bank Tax. Then you have Austerity and Bail Ins. Bail Ins are the opposite of a Bail Out, where your money is seized by the giant corporations that clamor they need your money more than you do. Govt seizure of all your digital monetary assets because they have mismanaged their own money. The US once launched a war on gold, also. Dont forget that. Only kooks hold on to gold, paper currency is just fine, yadda yadda yadda. Fast forward and only Kooks and Terrorists hold on to cash.

Money, in all of its forms, check, paper, loan, digital, gold, fiat, etc will always be slowly transferred from the bottom to the top until the common man wakes up homeless on the lands of his fathers when ever Banks and Corporations are allowed to control the issue of currency, scrutinize every transaction, and purchase the votes of the leaders with impunity.
    1776 > 1984

The FAILURE of the United States Government to operate and maintain an
    Honest Money System , which frees the ordinary man from the clutches of the money manipulators, is the single largest contributing factor to the World's current Economic Crisis.

The Elimination of Privacy is the Architecture of Genocide

Belief, Money, and Violence are the three ways all people are controlled

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Our central bank is not privately owned.

Quote Originally Posted by DamianTV View Post
    Even if digital currency was backed by gold, there are still two major issues, Fractional Reserve Banking, IE, loaning out more money against the gold that exists than they have in actual gold, and #2, Privacy. The big war on cash right now is because they want EVERY transaction to be monitored, which makes it subject to approval based on opinions or algorithms. PayPal doesnt need to have govt pass a law that prohibits all firearms, they simply say you can not use our services to purchase a firearm in any way shape or form, thus, PayPal dictates the law.

Two sub topics on privacy: First is who has access to that data? Pretty much everyone. Do you like bacon? Yeah, not only is it offensive to muslims, but your Insurance Provider wants to know so they have an excuse to jack up your interest rates. They want you to break their rules to justify the application of an excuse to take more money for you, thereby controlling a persons behavior.

Next: Pure Digital - what happens when the power goes out?

Follow this all up with elimination of all cash PLUS Negative Interest Rates. Putting your money in the bank now costs you money instead of "earning you interest". They'll charge you for saving money and taking money out and putting money in. Might as well be a 20% Bank Tax. Then you have Austerity and Bail Ins. Bail Ins are the opposite of a Bail Out, where your money is seized by the giant corporations that clamor they need your money more than you do. Govt seizure of all your digital monetary assets because they have mismanaged their own money. The US once launched a war on gold, also. Dont forget that. Only kooks hold on to gold, paper currency is just fine, yadda yadda yadda. Fast forward and only Kooks and Terrorists hold on to cash.

Money, in all of its forms, check, paper, loan, digital, gold, fiat, etc will always be slowly transferred from the bottom to the top until the common man wakes up homeless on the lands of his fathers when ever Banks and Corporations are allowed to control the issue of currency, scrutinize every transaction, and purchase the votes of the leaders with impunity.
    That's what diversification is for, bro. I personally have a gold-backed debit card issued by RPF's own Helmuth Hubener's company. All legit and above-board. There's a thread about it somewhere. I also have cash, pm's, etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

Quote Originally Posted by heavenlyboy34 View Post
    That's what diversification is for, bro. I personally have a gold-backed debit card issued by RPF's own Helmuth Hubener's company. All legit and above-board. There's a thread about it somewhere. I also have cash, pm's, etc.
    I emailed Hubener through his website. I'm anxiously awaiting his response to my questions.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I must have missed this. I've been wanting to do such a thing for a while.

Anticollectivist

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Ok... we know that already. What do you think about the site/idea of digital currency backed by gold?
    I don't really know much about these digital currencies but if one of them like the one you mentioned is able to legitimately back their currency in gold then it might at least be worth considering. But Im sure there would be problems to consider like you mentioned. Obviously all fiat currencies are in reality worthless and a complete con. So until there is some form of legitimate currency backed by real money then I will continue to hold real money itself.

Btw, Peter Schiff has his own off shore bank that issues gold backed debit cards. Though Im not sure but I think his bank services might only be available to non US customers/citizens because of all the ridiculous US laws and regulations. And if and when I ever hear Peter Schiff recommend buying a gold backed digital currency then and probably only then would I consider it a safe and legitimate form of money. For many years now Peter Schiff has been my main source for all matters relating to economics and finance. Peter like his dad has the intelligence, good judgment and courage of his convictions to tell people the truth. Irwin Schiff was an American patriot who had the courage to stand up to the corrupt unpatriotic statist regime in this country. Hopefully the few credible historians that exist in this country will someday give him the credit that he deserves for being one of the few truly patriotic Americans of our time.

Youre absolutely right, diversity. Diversity means competition; competing currencies. Digital and Cash both have their own uses, but with Digital Currency, it effectively functions as an absolute Monopoly due to the total lack of Diversity as you mentioned. Money (well, fiat debt based currency) today is really a tool of enslavement.

Oh yeah, and link that Helmuth Hubner thread when you find it!
    1776 > 1984

The FAILURE of the United States Government to operate and maintain an
    Honest Money System , which frees the ordinary man from the clutches of the money manipulators, is the single largest contributing factor to the World's current Economic Crisis.

The Elimination of Privacy is the Architecture of Genocide

Belief, Money, and Violence are the three ways all people are controlled

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Our central bank is not privately owned.