Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: GOP Baffled as Voters Rally to Popular Candidate

GOP Baffled as Voters Rally to Popular Candidate

http://www.breitbart.com/big-governm...lar-candidate/
    Trump is the first presidential candidate in 50 years who might conceivably: (1) deport illegal aliens, (2) build a wall, (3) block Muslim immigration, (4) flout political correctness, (5) bring manufacturing home, and (6) end the GOP’s neurotic compulsion to start wars in some godforsaken part of the world.

That’s all that matters! Are you listening yet, RNC?

There is not another candidate who agrees with Trump on all these positions. Maybe one issue, but not all of them — and if it’s immigration, they would be lying
    * See my visitor message area for caveats related to my posting history here.
    * Also, I have effectively retired from all social media including posting here and are basically opting out of anything to do with national politics or this country on federal or state level and rather focusing locally. I may stop by from time to time to discuss philosophy on a general level related to Libertarian schools of thought and application in the real world.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Trump is the first presidential candidate in 50 years who might conceivably: (1) deport illegal aliens, (2) build a wall, (3) block Muslim immigration, (4) flout political correctness, (5) bring manufacturing home, and (6) end the GOP’s neurotic compulsion to start wars in some godforsaken part of the world.
    Or he might do the exact opposite of all those things. No one knows for sure what Trump would do as President, because he's been on both sides of every issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Brett85 View Post
    Or he might do the exact opposite of all those things. No one knows for sure what Trump would do as President, because he's been on both sides of every issue.
    The GOP believes the people are (1) Against deportation (2) Against building a wall (3) Against blocking Muslim Immigration (4) Are for political correctness regardless of the consequences (5) Are free traders regardless of the consequences to manufacturing and jobs (6). For nation building and empire.

A Trump win regardless if he is a liar will prove otherwise and move the overton window in the right direction. The days of Rubio's, Bush's, McCain's, Clintons, Kasich, Hailey and Graham types will be over.
    Last edited by kahless; 02-17-2016 at 07:14 PM.
    * Also, I have effectively retired from all social media including posting here and are basically opting out of anything to do with national politics or this country on federal or state level and rather focusing locally. I may stop by from time to time to discuss philosophy on a general level related to Libertarian schools of thought and application in the real world.

Quote Originally Posted by kahless View Post
    The GOP believes the people are (1) Against deportation (2) Against building a wall (3) Against blocking Muslim Immigration (4) Are for political correctness regardless of the consequences (5) Are free traders regardless of the consequences to manufacturing and jobs (6). For nation building and empire.

A Trump win regardless if he is a liar will prove otherwise and move the overton window in the right direction.
    No it won't. Because the people at the top who control both parties want otherwise. The most it would do is to change their rhetoric; their actions however, would remain the same.
    ================
    Open Borders: A Libertarian Reappraisal or why only dumbasses and cultural marxists are for it.

Cultural Marxism: The Corruption of America

The Property Basis of Rights

Just wait till Hillery plays her Trump card.

Quote Originally Posted by LibertyEagle View Post
    No it won't. Because the people at the top who control both parties want otherwise. The most it would do is to change their rhetoric; their actions however, would remain the same.
    The winner typically controls the party and it's platform. If he is true to his word those favorable to his administration would transform the GOP hierarchy.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.3D View Post
    Just wait till Hillery plays her Trump card.

Except I seriously doubt Trump would deport a single person. It's crazy how he's been able to convince people that he would.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by SilentBull View Post
    Except I seriously doubt Trump would deport a single person. It's crazy how he's been able to convince people that he would.
    A lot of Trumphumping going on around here these days.

I support most of those above minus the deportation because it would prove to be difficult. I do 110% support deporting all violent criminals who are illegals. There's about 125K sitting in CA prisons right now. Talk about helping to save their budget???

Also, maybe a wall probably not. I'd rather bring home the troops and make them the wall. Make the military actually defend this country for once. We are being invaded...

Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    Says the guy that has been shilling for Cruz for months here.

Says the guy that has been shilling for Cruz for months here.
    Ha ha ha ha. Find one post, just one. $#@!ing liar.

Reminds me of the Cooooon Dawg picture.

I'm a Cooooooon Dawg!

Ha ha ha ha. Find one post, just one. $#@!ing liar.
    Nah, I think I just got you mixed up with the other cat avatar guy probably because you are both anti-Trump and he typically $#@!s all over Trump threads with pics like that.

Trump says he's going to deport them all and then expedite the process of bringing them back in. Woo hoo! And in the process he would have to expand government and the police state *hugely*. Get out of here with this $#@!.

Nah, I think I just got you mixed up with the other cat avatar guy probably because you are both anti-Trump and he typically $#@!s all over Trump threads with pics like that.
    I retract my insult with apologies if you had me confused. But I don't think CPU is a supporter of Cruz either.

(I had you and Klamath confused for a while)

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I'm not baffled. I recognize supernatural delusion when I see it. Won't be long now before all the wonders of Satan are unleashed upon this poor small blue marble. It is absolutely necessary for certain kinds of people to succumb to the delusion in order to make way for what's coming.

It's like going to the circus...

You like to watch Cruz the contortionist, the juggling Rubot, the magnificent Jeb! with his pathetic magic show where you know all the tricks, Bernie the domestic cat trainer, and even the placid lion tamer, Carson.

But what people remember is the clown. That's what they come to see.

Meanwhile, the Clinton Ringmaster is raking in the dough.

(kinda makes you long for the days of Rand the tightrope walker, Christie the one-ton man, and the sword-swallowing Santorum.)
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

Quote Originally Posted by CaptUSA View Post

You like to watch Cruz the contortionist, the juggling Rubot, the magnificent Jeb! with his pathetic magic show where you know all the tricks, Bernie the domestic cat trainer, and even the placid lion tamer, Carson.

But what people remember is the clown. That's what they come to see.

Meanwhile, the Clinton Ringmaster is raking in the dough.

(kinda makes you long for the days of Rand the tightrope walker, Christie the one-ton man, and the sword-swallowing Santorum.)

Quote Originally Posted by GunnyFreedom View Post

Quote Originally Posted by CaptUSA View Post
    /* sniffs for elephants */

It would be interesting to hear Trump tell the RNC, "You're fired."
    #NashvilleStrong

“I’m a doctor. That’s a baby.”~~~Dr. Manny Sethi

The winner typically controls the party and it's platform. If he is true to his word those favorable to his administration would transform the GOP hierarchy.
    They are just puppets.
    ================
    Open Borders: A Libertarian Reappraisal or why only dumbasses and cultural marxists are for it.

Cultural Marxism: The Corruption of America

The Property Basis of Rights

That’s all that matters! Are you listening yet, RNC?
    THAT'S ALL THAT MATTERS? WHERE IS MY SMALLER GOVERNMENT/ LESS TAXES CANDIDATE, GOP?
    All modern revolutions have ended in a reinforcement of the power of the State.
    -Albert Camus

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by otherone View Post
    THAT'S ALL THAT MATTERS? WHERE IS MY SMALLER GOVERNMENT/ LESS TAXES CANDIDATE, GOP?
    He quit campaigning. You'll have to settle for the carnival barker if you want to vote.

He quit campaigning. You'll have to settle for the carnival barker if you want to vote.

The GOP brand sucked, they had to bring in Trump to sell the republican brand to a younger audience. Young voters weren't showing up to the circus, everyone knew the games were stacked in the carnivals favor... The left is doing it too though, their brand isn't doing well either. Both are false choices, they don't represent the anti establishment, they are doing the bidding of the establishment in order to keep the status quo.

A Trump win regardless if he is a liar will prove otherwise and move the overton window in the right direction. The days of Rubio's, Bush's, McCain's, Clintons, Kasich, Hailey and Graham types will be over.
    Not all of those things are pro liberty. A mass deportation of all illegal immigrants, blocking all Muslim immigration, and opposing free trade are all very anti liberty positions.

Quote Originally Posted by Brett85 View Post
    Not all of those things are pro liberty. A mass deportation of all illegal immigrants, blocking all Muslim immigration, and opposing free trade are all very anti liberty positions.
    I don't care much about the liberty of people who aren't American citizens. Let them fight for liberty in their countries.

Quote Originally Posted by SilentBull View Post
    I would hope his first step would be to deport the RNC. If he wins this election, it will be in spite of them, not because of them.
    #NashvilleStrong

“I’m a doctor. That’s a baby.”~~~Dr. Manny Sethi

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast