Thread: Justin Amash Defends Apple On Encryption

Justin Amash Defends Apple On Encryption

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I'm glad to hear this as I was listening a bit to Beck..yuk, I know, and it seems that both cruz and trump support the government. I don't really think cruz undestands what is being asked of Apple; they are being asked to make a new product for the government by force...he sounded like it was a simple question of them doing what the government is asking... what the government is asking is fascism.

My husband was not up to speed on this issue and asked me about it last night. He was surprised that I agreed with Apple. I agree with internet privacy, but let's look at this a little more closely. This is a guy whose wife was clearly radicalized. She was openly posting on FB about her beliefs. The FBI, etc., said they did not check social media because they wanted to respect the member's privacy.

That, right there, ^^^ is a load of hooey. They won't look at something that is said right out before God and everybody, but they want to force one of the largest companies in the world to give them the master key so they can have access to all of us? Are you kidding me?

This is not about San Bernadino. It is about you and me.
    #NashvilleStrong

“I’m a doctor. That’s a baby.”~~~Dr. Manny Sethi

Quote Originally Posted by euphemia View Post
    This is not about San Bernadino. It is about you and me.
    ^^she's right ya know

'We endorse the idea of voluntarism; self-responsibility: Family, friends, and churches to solve problems, rather than saying that some monolithic government is going to make you take care of yourself and be a better person. It's a preposterous notion: It never worked, it never will. The government can't make you a better person; it can't make you follow good habits.' - Ron Paul 1988

Awareness is the Root of Liberation Revolution is Action upon Revelation

'Resistance and Disobedience in Economic Activity is the Most Moral Human Action Possible' - SEK3

Flectere si nequeo superos, Acheronta movebo.

...the familiar ritual of institutional self-absolution...
    ...for protecting them, by mock trial, from punishment...

Quote Originally Posted by presence View Post
    ^^she's right ya know
    It doesn't take a rocket surgeon to see it.

This just drives me crazy. The FBI would rather waste time and a truckload of money trying to force Apple to give up its secrets, but they can't ask one of their kids what's on FB? They probably have a whole room full of people whose job is to do nothing but look up people on FB. Give me that job. I'll have productive information for you in thirty minutes. I hate social media, but I would jolly well do it for money.
    #NashvilleStrong

//
    Last edited by specsaregood; 05-21-2016 at 11:20 PM.

But they would not reference the FB postings of Tashfeen Malik, even though there are eyewitnesses to suspicious activity at her home. Local authorities knew neighbors had concerns.
    #NashvilleStrong