Thread: Trump will not be president because it's a 'serious job,' Obama says

Trump will not be president because it's a 'serious job,' Obama says

Not too surprising considering some very harsh tweets Trumspter has tweeted about dronegangsta in the past:

Trump will not be president because it's a 'serious job,' Obama says

Gregory Korte, USA TODAY 8:18 p.m. EST February 16, 2016
    President Obama explains why he believes that Donald Trump will never become president. VPC

Republican primary voters are venting their frustration by supporting Donald Trump, President Obama said Tuesday. But Obama said he has confidence that the American people won't ultimately trust the billionaire reality show star with the nuclear launch codes.
    "I continue to believe Mr. Trump will not be president, and the reason is because I have a lot of faith in the American people. And I think they recognize that being president is a serious job. It's not hosting a talk show or a reality show. It's not promotion. It's not marketing. It's hard," Obama said at a news conference in California Tuesday.
    Obama has been critical of Trump before — especially on his anti-Muslim rhetoric. But after hosting a summit of leaders from 10 Southeast Asian countries on Tuesday, Obama gave a more specific critique of Trump's foreign policy credentials.

"Whoever is standing where I'm standing now has the nuclear codes with them, and can order 21-year-olds into a firefight, and has to make sure that the banking system doesn't collapse," he said. "The American people are pretty sensible, and I think they'll make a sensible choice in the end."

Obama acknowledged that Trump has had some appeal in early primary states, but predicted that he would fade as the general election gets nearer.

"Yeah, during primaries people vent, and they express themselves, and it seems like entertainment, and oftentimes it's reported just like entertainment. But as you get closer, reality has a way of intruding," he said.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/p...odes/80473144/

Related

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    , and has to make sure that the banking system doesn't collapse
    Is that still a concern, I thought Obama and Bernanky fixed it
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing

Quote Originally Posted by TheTexan View Post
    Is that still a concern, I thought Obama and Bernanky fixed it
    Trump addressed this a few months back. He basically alluded to the fact that the economy is rigged to blow, if a distinctly different type of administration secures the presidency.

Quote Originally Posted by AuH20 View Post
    Trump addressed this a few months back. He basically alluded to the fact that the economy is rigged to blow, if a distinctly different type of administration secures the presidency.
    Ah ok, so as long as Trump wins it'll be fine. That's good.
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

Hey Barack, you know how I know that the office of the presidency ceased to be a serious job? Because you've held it at all, let alone for 2 terms.

Yes, vote for Buckwheat instead:

GW thought it was going to be fun. He was gonna go in there and kick some ass too. Make Murika grate again.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    It takes precision and steady focus to read a teleprompter.
    USE THIS SITE TO LINK ARTICLES FROM OLIGARCH MEDIA:http://archive.is/ STARVE THE BEAST.
    More Government = Less Freedom
    Communism never disappeared it only changed its name to Social Democrat
    Emotion and Logic mix like oil and water

This job is SERIOUS!!!!!!!

the job is super cereal

Quote Originally Posted by jkob View Post
    the job is super cereal

Trump will not be president, and the reason is because I have a lot of faith in the American people.
    I think he overestimates the American people...

“I don’t think that there will be any curtailing of Donald Trump as president,” he said. "He controls the media, he controls the sentiment [and] he controls everybody. He’s the one who will resort to executive orders more so than [President] Obama ever used them." - Ron Paul

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Well, if a "community organizer" can handle it, how serious and tough can it be?

Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

This is all pretty funny in retrospect. Even bigger LOL if Obama's roast was one of the decisive factors that caused Trump to run in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by Lovecraftian4Paul View Post
    This is all pretty funny in retrospect. Even bigger LOL if Obama's roast was one of the decisive factors that caused Trump to run in the first place.

To be fair, integrity of the elections is being questioned now.

Obama questions the integrity of elections

We can't blame DGP for making wrong predictions if Russia rigged our elections.

Select a tag for more discussion on that topic