Thread: Kelli Ward running against John McCain

Kelli Ward running against John McCain

I haven't read much yet on these forums about Kelli Ward, the libertarian-leaning Senate candidate in Arizona (my state), who will be challenging the disgraced John McCain. One of her main issues has been opposition to NSA wiretapping. Back in December, she resigned from the state senate to focus on the US senate campaign. She'll be one to look out for this year, IMO.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Dr. Kelli Ward

Quote Originally Posted by RJ Liberty View Post
    I haven't read much yet on these forums about Kelli Ward, the libertarian-leaning Senate candidate in Arizona (my state), who will be challenging the disgraced John McCain. One of her main issues has been opposition to NSA wiretapping. Back in December, she resigned from the state senate to focus on the US senate campaign. She'll be one to look out for this year, IMO.
    I wouldn't quite characterize Dr. Ward as a libertarian, but she has some libertarian leanings. Of course she is mountains above John McInsane.

She voted yes on to establish Gold and Silver as legal tender.
    She opposes the surveillance state, supports privacy and encryption rights.

I definitely will be encouraging her take-down of McCain.

Quote Originally Posted by AZJoe View Post
    I wouldn't quite characterize Dr. Ward as a libertarian, but she has some libertarian leanings. Of course she is mountains above John McInsane.

She voted yes on to establish Gold and Silver as legal tender.
    She opposes the surveillance state, supports privacy and encryption rights.

I definitely will be encouraging her take-down of McCain.
    Thanks for the response, Joe. I thought this thread was dead. Kelli Ward's also a free-speech advocate, openly defending people's rights to say things that aren't PC.

Glad to see others who are paying attention to her campaign. With Arizona being one of the most libertarian-friendly states, a libertarian-leaning Republican candidate stands a chance against an establishment Republican candidate.

damn its way past time to get McCain out of the senate. As well as term limits, there should be a maximum age limit for political office.

Quote Originally Posted by spudea View Post
    damn its way past time to get McCain out of the senate. As well as term limits, there should be a maximum age limit for political office.
    I'm against age limits, but definitely support term limits. He's been in Congress since 1982, and has been a senator since 1986: 30 years.

changed my registration to Republican today *barf*

Gotta retire John McCain

This is what we really should be devoting our efforts too.. Forget the Presidential "rigged" race... Let's get these neanderthal neocons out of the Congress !!

Quote Originally Posted by Dianne View Post
    This is what we really should be devoting our efforts too.. Forget the Presidential "rigged" race... Let's get these neanderthal neocons out of the Congress !!
    for sure, there's all this disappointment at Rand's campaign but if we can retire John McCain then it is not all for not and I think we ALL can agree here that McCain has to go regardless of who or who not you're supporting for president.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by RJ Liberty View Post
    Thanks for the response, Joe. I thought this thread was dead. Kelli Ward's also a free-speech advocate, openly defending people's rights to say things that aren't PC.

Glad to see others who are paying attention to her campaign. With Arizona being one of the most libertarian-friendly states, a libertarian-leaning Republican candidate stands a chance against an establishment Republican candidate.
    Paying attention? Here's a few threads:

Campaign Evaluation: Kelli Ward (U.S. Senate, R-AZ)

Dr. Kelli Ward, challenger to McCain, makes Tucson stops
    Kelli Ward Blasts Obama’s Executive Order, ‘Assault On the Second Amendment’
    Large Number of AZ Legislators Endorse Kelli Ward Over John McCain
    Kelli Ward Resigns to Focus on Republican Primary Challenge
    Kelli Ward beating McCain in new poll
    John McCain's GOP challenger Kelli Ward raises $525,000
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by jkob View Post
    for sure, there's all this disappointment at Rand's campaign but if we can retire John McCain then it is not all for not and I think we ALL can agree here that McCain has to go regardless of who or who not you're supporting for president.
    No doubt there!

Are there any RPF members in Arizona with some local analysis of this race? Polling on Ward vs. McCain seems to be all over the map:
    Late last summer, a Gravis Marketing survey showed Ward leading McCain 45-36 percent and both of them ahead of likely Democrat nominee Rep. Ann Kirkpatrick. In that poll, McCain led Kirkpatrick 48-35 percent, while Ward held a 43-38 percent edge.

However, a new Rocky Mountain Poll has McCain with a commanding 47-11 lead over Ward. It also shows him in a statistical dead heat with Kirkpatrick with just a 38-37 margin. The Rocky Mountain Poll did not ask about a potential Ward-Kirkpatrick match-up.
    http://www.wnd.com/2016/02/will-this...t-john-mccain/

Is local media in Arizona (local TV news, radio talk shows, etc.) giving Ward's campaign any exposure/discussion?

bump - is this vote today in Az?

nvm - according to the Politico primaries site, it's not until August 30
    Last edited by georgiaboy; 03-22-2016 at 09:25 PM.
    The bigger government gets, the smaller I wish it was.
    My new motto: More Love, Less Laws

Dr. Ron Paul endorses Dr. Kelli Ward:
    http://www.breitbart.com/big-governm...r-john-mccain/

"As a physician, you have seen first*hand how ObamaCare has reduced our liberties in just a few short years. During your time as state senator, you have fought to reduce the size of government and restore the liberties of Arizonans. We need to elect more people into the U.S. Senate to stand alongside my son, Rand Paul. Because of your dedication to smaller government and restoring more of our personal liberties, I am proud to endorse your campaign for the U.S. Senate."

Primary is August 30. Time to start ramping up the campaign.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing." - Dr. Ron Paul. "Stand up for what you believe in, even if you are standing alone." - Sophie Magdalena Scholl
    "War is the health of the State." - Randolph Bourne "Freedom is the answer. ... Now, what's the question?" - Ernie Hancock.

Supporting Member
    Phoenix, AZ

Blog Entries
    Kelli Ward lost the primary to McCain. I hate the voters of this state. We need term limits in a bad way.

http://www.nytimes.com/elections/res...ry-john-mccain
    Citizen of Arizona
    @cleaner4d4

I am a libertarian. I am advocating everyone enjoy maximum freedom on both personal and economic issues as long as they do not bring violence unto others.

Ann Kirkpatrick it is then

Select a tag for more discussion on that topic