Happy Valentine's Day

Happy Valentine's Day, RPF!

There won't be nothin' but big old hearts
    Dancin' in our eyes.

I'm going to make my honey some Brennan's Bananas Foster today:

• 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter
    • 1 cup brown sugar
    • 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
    • 1/4 cup banana liqueur (you can substitute triple sec)
    • 4 bananas, cut in half lengthwise, then halved
    • 1/4 cup dark rum
    • 4 scoops vanilla ice cream

Combine the butter, sugar, and cinnamon in a flambé pan or skillet. Place the pan over low heat either on an alcohol burner or on top of the stove, and cook, stirring, until the sugar dissolves. Stir in the banana liqueur, then place the bananas in the pan. When the banana sections soften and begin to brown, carefully add the rum. Continue to cook the sauce until the rum is hot, then tip the pan slightly to ignite the rum. When the flames subside, lift the bananas out of the pan and place four pieces over each portion of ice cream. Generously spoon warm sauce over the top of the ice cream and serve immediately.
    Based on the idea of natural rights, government secures those rights to the individual by strictly negative intervention, making justice costless and easy of access; and beyond that it does not go. The State, on the other hand, both in its genesis and by its primary intention, is purely anti-social. It is not based on the idea of natural rights, but on the idea that the individual has no rights except those that the State may provisionally grant him. It has always made justice costly and difficult of access, and has invariably held itself above justice and common morality whenever it could advantage itself by so doing.
    --Albert J. Nock

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    That's mine and my honey bunnies song!

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

Well I'm not in love with you guys but I must say I appreciate everyone here...

So have a nice day!
    "I am a bird"

Happy Valentine's day to you, too.
    #NashvilleStrong

“I’m a doctor. That’s a baby.”~~~Dr. Manny Sethi

The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.

Quote Originally Posted by luctor-et-emergo View Post
    Well I'm not in love with you guys but I must say I appreciate everyone here...

So have a nice day!
    I hope you enjoyed your day.

Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

I'm feeling rebellious (what's new?) ....I'm going to post something cute.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Last time I tried to give a gal flowers on Valentine's Day, I got this look:

Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Short Income Tax Video

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Thanks! It's also my patron saint's feast day(Cyril) toady.
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    Last time I tried to give a gal flowers on Valentine's Day, I got this look:

She probably wasn't expecting V day flowers from a fagh. :P
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

Quote Originally Posted by heavenlyboy34 View Post
    She probably wasn't expecting V day flowers from a libertarian.. :P
    What did you receive from your boyfriends this year?

( don't answer that nobody really wants to know )
    Last edited by Danke; 02-14-2016 at 05:31 PM.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Short Income Tax Video

'We endorse the idea of voluntarism; self-responsibility: Family, friends, and churches to solve problems, rather than saying that some monolithic government is going to make you take care of yourself and be a better person. It's a preposterous notion: It never worked, it never will. The government can't make you a better person; it can't make you follow good habits.' - Ron Paul 1988

Awareness is the Root of Liberation Revolution is Action upon Revelation

'Resistance and Disobedience in Economic Activity is the Most Moral Human Action Possible' - SEK3

Flectere si nequeo superos, Acheronta movebo.

...the familiar ritual of institutional self-absolution...
    ...for protecting them, by mock trial, from punishment...

xxxxx
    Last edited by Voluntarist; 07-22-2018 at 03:06 PM.
    You have the right to remain silent. Anything you post to the internet can and will be used to humiliate you.

What did you receive from your boyfriends this year?

( don't answer that nobody really wants to know )
    Sorry, I still don't do the ghey thing, no matter how you try to get me into it. Can't you just be happy with Eduardo?

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Anybody happen to know why this guy was imprisoned and tortured in Rome ?

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    Anybody happen to know why this guy was imprisoned and tortured in Rome ?
    Yup.
    On February 14around the year 278A.D., Valentine, a holy priest in Rome in the days of Emperor Claudius II, was executed.Under the rule of Claudius the Cruel, Rome was involved in many unpopular and bloody campaigns. The emperor had to maintain a strong army, but was having a difficult time getting soldiers to join his military leagues. Claudius believed that Roman men were unwilling to join the army because of their strong attachment to their wives and families.
    To get rid of the problem, Claudius banned all marriages and engagements in Rome. Valentine, realizing the injustice of the decree, defied Claudius and continued to perform marriages for young lovers in secret.
    When Valentine’s actions were discovered, Claudius ordered that he be put to death. Valentine was arrested and dragged before the Prefect of Rome, who condemned him to be beaten to death with clubs and to have his head cut off. The sentence was carried out on February 14, on or about the year 270.
    Legend also has it that while in jail, St. Valentine left a farewell note for the jailer’s daughter, who had become his friend, and signed it “From Your Valentine.”
    For his great service, Valentine was named a saint after his death.
    In truth, the exact origins and identity of St. Valentine are unclear. According to the Catholic Encyclopedia, “At least three different Saint Valentines, all of them martyrs, are mentioned in the early martyrologies under the date of 14 February.” One was a priest in Rome, the second one was a bishop of Interamna (now Terni, Italy) and the third St. Valentine was a martyr in the Roman province of Africa.
    Legends vary on how the martyr’s name became connected with romance. The date of his death may have become mingled with the Feast of Lupercalia, a pagan festival of love. On these occasions, the names of young women were placed in a box, from which they were drawn by the men as chance directed. In 496 AD, Pope Gelasius decided to put an end to the Feast of Lupercalia, and he declared that February 14 be celebrated as St Valentine’s Day.
    Gradually, February 14 became a date for exchanging love messages, poems and simple gifts such as flowers.
    http://www.history.com/this-day-in-h...ntine-beheaded

Sorry, I don't do the ghey thing anymore...
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Short Income Tax Video

Quote Originally Posted by Danke misquote View Post
    Sorry, I don't do the ghey thing anymore...
    Fixed your misquote^^ here-
    Sorry, I still don't do the ghey thing, no matter how you try to get me into it. Can't you just be happy with Eduardo?
    y/w, ****. ~hugs~

My funny valentine. Mr Animal surprised me with a Valentine's Day gift. He normally gives me a chicken wing bouquet (he sticks a dozen hot wings on skewers and puts them in a Hurricane glass) but this year he pulls out this huge Godiva chocolate gift basket. This thing had 4 big boxes of gamble truffles, 5 or 6 different candy bars, and 2 bags of milk chocolate truffles. It was gigantic and it had a beautiful big red bow on top. I was so touched, then I noticed the card. The Godiva gift basket was actually a Christmas gift to Mr Animal from some hoe that comes in the bar. I got re-gifted hoe Christmas chocolates for Valentines Day and I couldn't even be mad because who does that? And he left the Christmas card on it! LOL! He's a romantic devil. I have to admit, he did hold the kids back so I got first crack at the gamble truffles AND he took one for the team and polished off the pink one (it had nasty raspberry filling) and the ones I had mashed to find out what was on the inside.

Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post
    My funny valentine. Mr Animal surprised me with a Valentine's Day gift. He normally gives me a chicken wing bouquet (he sticks a dozen hot wings on skewers and puts them in a Hurricane glass) but this year he pulls out this huge Godiva chocolate gift basket. This thing had 4 big boxes of gamble truffles, 5 or 6 different candy bars, and 2 bags of milk chocolate truffles. It was gigantic and it had a beautiful big red bow on top. I was so touched, then I noticed the card. The Godiva gift basket was actually a Christmas gift to Mr Animal from some hoe that comes in the bar. I got re-gifted hoe Christmas chocolates for Valentines Day and I couldn't even be mad because who does that? And he left the Christmas card on it! LOL! He's a romantic devil. I have to admit, he did hold the kids back so I got first crack at the gamble truffles AND he took one for the team and polished off the pink one (it had nasty raspberry filling) and the ones I had mashed to find out what was on the inside.
    Tell him I said he is doing something right .I owned a bar once in my 20's and I never got any gifts that expensive from the ladies .Mostly I got to help them fix cars , $#@! like that .

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    That's mine and my honey bunnies song!
    LOL I heard it for the first time the other night, and that's what me and my man were saying! It'sa great song. Prine is prolific as hell and he will never get enough credit for his great songwriting.

Honey bunny!

That bitch. Let the whore try to give Godiva to my internet wife's husband in front of me and see if she gets away with it!
    Based on the idea of natural rights, government secures those rights to the individual by strictly negative intervention, making justice costless and easy of access; and beyond that it does not go. The State, on the other hand, both in its genesis and by its primary intention, is purely anti-social. It is not based on the idea of natural rights, but on the idea that the individual has no rights except those that the State may provisionally grant him. It has always made justice costly and difficult of access, and has invariably held itself above justice and common morality whenever it could advantage itself by so doing.
    --Albert J. Nock

What did Mr. Animal give her?
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Short Income Tax Video

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucille View Post
    That bitch. Let the whore try to give Godiva to my internet wife's husband in front of me and see if she gets away with it!
    She's a rather large woman, I think it's best to lay low and eat the chocolates.

What did Mr. Animal give her?
    I think he's been making her stiff cocktails.

I took the Mrs out to dinner , snow storm and all , so the place was dead which I figured was a plus . Not very good really , the waiter was good though .

What did Danke do for Valentines ?

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    What did Danke do for Valentines ?
    Knowing him, he probably pleasured himself.

She's a rather large woman, I think it's best to lay low and eat the chocolates.

I think he's been making her stiff cocktails.
    LOL Gotta give her credit for having good taste in chocolate, and men! I think it's great he gave you the candy. Nothing better than Godiva. I used to buy each of my guys a big heart shaped box every year when they were giving away the diamond necklace. I don't think they don't do that anymore though.

--Albert J. Nock

Well its almost upon us again. Inspired while alone the other night and came up with a little bit to write in a card for DW. Thought I'd share, set along to a similar beat as Dylan's 115th dream.

I was paddling around the reef
    looking for some shrimp
    showing my mating colors
    feeling like a pimp.
    a melodic voice floated around the bend
    I pushed through some dolphins, said “get out the way”
    They said, “what's your problem pal”
    That’s when I saw the mermaid.

She had golden curls
    and a sea shell top
    sea green eyes
    that looked way wise
    beyond her years.
    I could feel some tears
    and my heart was bursting.
    With my jaw agape
    I let out a gasp
    just then a tsunamis hit me
    and I woke up in my bath.

The water was tepid, maybe even cold
    with the dream a fadin
    I started to feel old.
    So I got out the bath
    and grabbed my towel
    glanced in the mirror
    and saw myself scowl.
    Something caught my eye
    and yanked me through the glass
    tumbled through some ether,
    and landed on my ass.

I looked around a meadow
    and inhaled a green sea of grass
    It flowed under foot
    and to some woods
    where I caught a flicker of a doe.
    A voice in my head urged me on
    a sense I could not stow.
    So I made my way,
    hooves' a slappin
    and lungs a gaspin’ .
    Then I heard that same melody
    from the reef
    so I grit my teeth
    And ran for the trees.

There she stood
    among the woods
    looking like a fallen star
    bright and golden,
    my heart was beholden
    when she turned
    and looked from afar.
    Her smile enchanted
    my feet felt planted
    mired in the earth.
    She snuck to my bosom
    my love,
    my woman.
    Last edited by specsaregood; 02-11-2017 at 12:24 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast