Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: February 13th Republican debate on CBS - 9 pm ET

Quote Originally Posted by CPUd View Post
    Pretty sure it was Chip Englander who told Rubio that Ted can't speak Spanish.

It was horrible Spanish, you can tell he doesn't speak it often. He said "Tell them what you said here, if you dare"

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fivezeroes View Post
    It was horrible Spanish, you can tell he doesn't speak it often. He said "Tell them what you said here, if you dare"
    He has said before that his Spanish is not good so he doesn't like to speak it. If he can say what he did, albeit poorly, I'm sure he can understand it just fine when Rubio speaks it.

Quote Originally Posted by misterx View Post
    He has said before that his Spanish is not good so he doesn't like to speak it. If he can say what he did, albeit poorly, I'm sure he can understand it just fine when Rubio speaks it.

Agreed, I'm rusty on my Spanish (Which is probably why I could pick decipher it)

Quote Originally Posted by Rudeman View Post
    Didn't even know this was on, tuned in and Trump was getting booed. From what I gathered he got booed for saying that Bush didn't keep us safe because 9/11 happened on his watch but I'm not 100% sure.
    That was one of the times he got booed, yes.

Jeb: "my mother is one of the strongest women I know"
    Trump: "she should be running"
    “I don’t think that there will be any curtailing of Donald Trump as president,” he said. "He controls the media, he controls the sentiment [and] he controls everybody. He’s the one who will resort to executive orders more so than [President] Obama ever used them." - Ron Paul

Quote Originally Posted by willwash View Post
    I hope no one brings up Scalia's passing. It would be disrespectful given the already-politicized nature of the surrounding discussion. Maybe a moment of silence at the beginning, but nothing else.
    Does anyone know if Scalia thought Ted Cruz was a Natural born citizen?

8. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    the trump was asked if he keeps people around who aren't afraid to tell him he's wrong. He jokes and says his wife tells him that every day. Then he says, "yes, I have a lot of experts, but sometimes they are wrong".
    “I don’t think that there will be any curtailing of Donald Trump as president,” he said. "He controls the media, he controls the sentiment [and] he controls everybody. He’s the one who will resort to executive orders more so than [President] Obama ever used them." - Ron Paul

Sadly the hawks in the audience and at home will likely try to punish him for that. I don't see why so many people loved Bush... he was the second worse thing to happen to us, 1st being Obama.
    Bush was worse than Obama... by a lot

Many of our politicians lie, and Goldman Sachs funded Rafael Ed Cruz is no exception, but calling other politicians liars in front of taxpaying public and corporate news cameras... and then disrespecting Iraqi Freedom hero George W. Bush in front of pro-Bush crowd in SC is just too crazy for US debate TV.

Mr. Trump, you have crossed the line of political correctness. again lol

Please clap.

for anyone that missed the debate, this was pretty much the only part worth watching

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CyqTqaTy0tU

Quote Originally Posted by enhanced_deficit View Post
    99.5% of our politicians lie, and Goldman Sachs funded Rafael Ed Cruz is no exception, but calling other politicians liars in front of taxpaying public and corporate news cameras... and then disrespecting Iraqi Freedom hero George W. Bush in front of pro-Bush crowd in SC is just too crazy for US debate TV.

Mr. Trump, you have crossed the line of political correctness. again lol

Please clap.

I just made a quick edit to your post.

7:44

I just made a quick edit to your post.
    I approve that message.

Quote Originally Posted by jct74 View Post
    for anyone that missed the debate, this was pretty much the only part worth watching

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CyqTqaTy0tU

Jeb "please clap" Bush made a weak,dumb war policy argument regarding Assad/"our troops" (ISIS?) and gave an easy opening for Trumpster to destroy his bumbling nostalgia for his brother's costly blunders. That is the real reason that in the end Trump's explosive temprament will be ignored by many voters and his poll numbers nationally will go up probably.
    End of Carson and probably also of Rubio, Cruz after SC.

I approve that message.
    Jeb "please clap" Bush made a weak,dumb war policy argument regarding Assad/"our troops" (ISIS?) and gave an easy opening for Trumpster to destroy his bumbling nostalgia for his brother's costly blunders. That is the real reason that in the end Trump's explosive temprament will be ignored by many voters and his poll numbers nationally will go up probably.
    This big thing about that exchange is now 20 million people think that Trump warned us all about going into Iraq before we even went in there. He is white washing history just like how he got his supporters to think that people were celebrating and dancing after 9/11

The theory behind what is happening is that the process of “memory reconsolidation”, the strengthening of one's synapses during the recall of a memory, are being interrupted, allowing a new memory to overwrite it. When the brain forms a new memory, our synapses, the spaces between the individual neurons, write themselves, chemically recording a pattern that corresponds to the new memory. When the memory is recalled, it is consolidated, in that it is made permanent, forming a long-term memory. And until recently, scientists assumed that these permanent pathways couldn't be re-written.

17. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by nikcers View Post
    This big thing about that exchange is now 20 million people think that Trump warned us all about going into Iraq before we even went in there. He is white washing history just like how he got his supporters to think that people were celebrating and dancing after 9/11
    From brief search I had done, Trump fired Bush in 2004, a year after Iraqi Freedom Op had begun and not before the start of the war in 2003. He claims he opposed the war before the start, will need to research it unless media owners' emloyees can do some reporting on it.
    But at this stage, Trump's bravado, accurate or inaccurate conviction will easily beat Jeb's wishy washy stance on Iraq war.

Trump tells Bush: 'You're fired'
    July 13, 2004
    http://www.theage.com.au/articles/20...484339401.html

From brief search I had done, Trump fired Bush in 2004, a year after Iraqi Freedom Op had begun and not before the start of the war in 2003. He claims he opposed the war before the start, will need to research it unless media owners' emloyees can do some reporting on it.

Trump tells Bush: 'You're fired'
    July 13, 2004
    http://www.theage.com.au/articles/20...484339401.html
    The problem is his claims weren't challenged, so people will take it at face value.
    Why couldn’t CBS News bust Donald Trump on his oft-debunked Iraq War claim?

Rand would of called him on his bull$#@!, Rand was the only one who could of said I told ya so tonight.

Dr. Rand Paul Verified account ‏@RandPaul

I warned about this. We need a new, smarter, and more realistic foreign policy. http://thebea.st/1oaAjgX

The problem is his claims weren't challenged, so people will take it at face value.

Rand would of called him on his bull$#@!, Rand was the only one who could of said I told ya so tonight.

I warned about this. We need a new, smarter, and more realistic foreign policy. http://thebea.st/1oaAjgX
    Rand isn't running anymore, even if he were he would play gentleman politics, which would cause the media to ignore him completely. Rand gave up way too soon.

Rand isn't running anymore, even if he were he would play gentleman politics, which would cause the media to ignore him completely. Rand gave up way too soon.
    Rand would say I told ya so, I mean.. he kind of did on twitter. Trump is trying to say I told ya so, and he didn't even told us so.

Rand would say I told ya so, I mean.. he kind of did on twitter. Trump is trying to say I told ya so, and he didn't even told us so.
    It's a damn shame Rand isn't a billionaire, he could have self-funded and be where Trump is now.

He exaggerated the number, but there were people people who celebrated 9/11 in America, and millions around the world did. There really are a lot of Muslims in the West who won't personally commit attacks, and won't support them in public, but they smile inside when they see terrorist attacks. In Muslim countries they celebrate it so unabashedly, and in such great numbers, that it defies the logic that it's a small minority that hates us. It's more like a small minority that doesn't us. The point that he made is valid despite the factual content of his statement.

Unfortunately Rand doesn't have the fire that it takes. It takes a loud bully like Trump to go up against the establishment. Someone like Rand is just too easy to ignore, unfortunately. It's sad, Thomas Jefferson would go nowhere in politics today.

Yep, this would have been the right time for Rand to start going after Trump and other GOP competition... had he focussed on going after Obama in prior debates to gather prerequisite GOP base populace mass first.

I have a feeling media owners on purpose do not want to focus on Iraq war as it will bring out media's own role in spreading lies before that costly blunder. Almost all media, even Hillary, Kerry "libs" were early supporters of Iraqi liberation.

26. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    He exaggerated the number, but there were people people who celebrated 9/11 in America, and millions around the world did. There really are a lot of Muslims in the West who won't personally commit attacks, and won't support them in public, but they smile inside when they see terrorist attacks. In Muslim countries they celebrate it so unabashedly, and in such great numbers, that it defies the logic that it's a small minority that hates us. It's more like a small minority that doesn't us. The point that he made is valid despite the factual content of his statement.
    The point is the way he says it people think all billion of them danced in the streets. The way he says it is as if he warned us before we invaded Iraq. He tells half truths and then people defend his lies.

The point is the way he says it people think all billion of them danced in the streets. The way he says it is as if he warned us before we invaded Iraq. He tells half truths and then people defend his lies.
    Yes they defend his lies, all over RPFs

Yeah, I definitely don't like the way he does that. I'm willing to let it pass as long as the overall message is correct. It's not like we have the greatest of options.

Yeah, I definitely don't like the way he does that. I'm willing to let it pass as long as the overall message is correct. It's not like we have the greatest of options.

This.... 100% of the way.

I approve that message.

That was a lucky guess, latest poll has Trumpster up 8 points nationally.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234