Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Supreme Court Justice Scalia dies on hunting trip

Quote Originally Posted by thoughtomator View Post
    The fact that those issues are on the docket at all is more than enough evidence that the Constitution is not in effect.

If so much depended on one elderly man staying alive - for how long, indefinitely? - then it should be clear that what you knew as America was already over before he took his last breath.
    First you said it would change nothing and thus it proves your point. When confronted with evidence that it would change everything you changed your argument to say it's changing everything proves your point. You don't get to do those kinds of backflips and not get called on it.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by navy-vet View Post
    and there go the guns...
    and what little was left of the Constitution - how ever much ammunition you have stockpiled - it is not going to be enough
    Out of every one hundred men they send us, ten should not even be here. Eighty will do nothing but serve as targets for the enemy. Nine are real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, upon them depends our success in battle. But one, ah the one, he is a real warrior, and he will bring the others back from battle alive.

Duty is the most sublime word in the English language. Do your duty in all things. You can not do more than your duty. You should never wish to do less than your duty.

Anyone who says his death won't change anything is full of crap. He was the only firm constitutionalist on the bench. That is probably why he was killed. He was about to shred Obama's dictatorial legacy and shove it up his ass.

Quote Originally Posted by GunnyFreedom View Post
    First you said it would change nothing and thus it proves your point. When confronted with evidence that it would change everything you changed your argument to say it's changing everything proves your point. You don't get to do those kinds of backflips and not get called on it.
    I'm talking about the forest, not individual trees.

So how does this affect Rafael's citizenship case?

What hunting season is open in mid Feb. ?

8. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    What hunting season is open in mid Feb. ?
    From the article:
    "EL PASO -- An El Paso source close to U.S. Supreme Court Justice Antonin Scalia tells ABC-7 that the 79-year-old died in his sleep last night after a day of quail hunting at Cibolo Creek Ranch outside of Marfa, Texas."

I'm talking about the forest, not individual trees.
    Vague platitudes won't save you from this one.

xxxxx
    Last edited by Voluntarist; 07-22-2018 at 01:02 PM.
    You have the right to remain silent. Anything you post to the internet can and will be used to humiliate you.

Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    So how does this affect Rafael's citizenship case?
    None whatsoever. The Republicrat One Party System has been trying to "water down" the NBC clause for decades, so both could reach their own respective agendas.

I think it will be the first Hermaphrodite. Hopefully one of "color."
    Perfect.

I could see Ginsburg say that Ted Cruz can't run for President to be a team player for the left.
    Stop believing stupid things

Why, I can think of a dozen things right off the top of my head. NC CD 1 & 12 redistricting, Voter ID, bakeries who don't want to make gay marriage cakes, gun control, federal control over state voting districts, and so much more.

This is is a complete disaster.
    Yes, and that is arguably an understatement. The "pack the court with true constitutionalists" strategy has been failing for 35 years. Statists were better at packing it the other way, as half the GOP picks turned out to be disasters, while aging Democrat justices always made sure to stay on the bench until a Democrat won the office before retiring. It was only a matter of time before a Republican appointed justice passed away on a Democratic President's watch, and there goes the ball game.

There was an opening on the issue to outreach to social conservatives that Rand (and even Ron) did not exploit, namely, that the fixation of the Republican Party with foreign policy (or more bluntly, with starting wars) over the last twenty-odd years has cost it several Presidential elections, and thus the ability to make more appointments to the Court. Many won't dare vote GOP as a consequence, knowing that it almost certainly means still more hyper expensive, no-win wars based on lies in the Middle East, while de-prioritizing doing anything on abortion and other cultural matters. This point could have been raised to drive a wedge between the pro-war side, and many on the religious right who want to see action on their issues, and are willing to consider a new solution.

With the repacking the Supreme Court path now blocked off, liberty activists and candidates should persuade the social right to hold Congressional conservatives' feet to the fire, by demanding that they vote (as per the Constitution) to remove the jurisdiction of the federal courts to rule on issues like abortion and gay marriage, which would defacto return these issues to the states. This would get the federal government out of the issue and overturn the toxic social left case law over hanging these issues, and get us out of the "waiting for the magic five conservative or constitutional justices" rut we've been in for decades.
    -----Peace & Freedom, John Clifton-----
    Blog: https://electclifton.wordpress.com/2...back-backlash/

Vague platitudes won't save you from this one.
    I don't need saving, thanks.

The big picture is a straight line heading directly into complete totalitarianism. Nothing Scalia would or would not have done would have affected the trajectory.

To use your first example, I really don't see how the outcome of redistricting in NC matters in the big picture, not only because it's not a big enough deal to be significant, but also because the GOP/Democratic balance in Congress has made no difference in the march of tyranny.

17. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by angelatc View Post
    Yep. Unless a conservative wins the White House, this is literally the end of the Constitution.
    Too bad there aren't any running for President.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

Quote Originally Posted by devil21 View Post
    Too bad there aren't any running for President.
    If there were they wouldn't get elected.

I don't need saving, thanks.

The big picture is a straight line heading directly into complete totalitarianism. Nothing Scalia would or would not have done would have affected the trajectory.
    Scalia, as arguably the only sincerely Constitutionalist SCOTUS Justice in my lifetime, has been slowing down the march to totalitarianism lo these last 25 years, helping to hamstring the tyrants in cases like DC vs Heller. The one who is missing the big picture is you, in your narrowly focused agenda laden "all government is bad government" ideology, you have missed the small handful of allies we actually have in the government who have actually worked to forestall the hammer from dropping.

To use your first example, I really don't see how the outcome of redistricting in NC matters in the big picture, not only because it's not a big enough deal to be significant, but also because the GOP/Democratic balance in Congress has made no difference in the march of tyranny.
    The question at the heart of the CD1 and CD12 matter is whether fedgov has the authority to force the states to racially gerrymander their voting districts, and whether districts can be drawn so far flung as to encompass completely different kinds of communities separated in space and time.

If you are unaware that one person can ultimately make a difference, then that failure is yours. GK Butterfield is a loony liberal wingnut progressive, and taking him out would be as effective as removing two ordinary Democrats. If we can replace him with a Constitutionalist it will be like removing 4 nominal Democrats. And do i really need to remind you what effect one man named Mel Watt, formerly of CD 12 had wrt Ron Paul's Audit the Fed?

The solution to getting raped by the government is not "roll over and enjoy it." I get it, you think it's pointless to fight back. Well I don't rightly GAF what you think, I'm gonna fight back. You can sit there on the sidelines jeering all you want.

Hate to burst your idol worship, Gunny, but Scalia really wasn't all that.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gonzales_v._Raich

Hate to burst your idol worship, Gunny, but Scalia really wasn't all that.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gonzales_v._Raich
    I never said Scalia was great. That's just your interpretation of my lack of hatred for him.

Scalia, as arguably the only sincerely Constitutionalist SCOTUS Justice in my lifetime, has been slowing down the march to totalitarianism lo these last 25 years, helping to hamstring the tyrants in cases like DC vs Heller. The one who is missing the big picture is you, in your narrowly focused agenda laden "all government is bad government" ideology, you have missed the small handful of allies we actually have in the government who have actually worked to forestall the hammer from dropping.

The question at the heart of the CD1 and CD12 matter is whether fedgov has the authority to force the states to racially gerrymander their voting districts, and whether districts can be drawn so far flung as to encompass completely different kinds of communities separated in space and time.

If you are unaware that one person can ultimately make a difference, then that failure is yours. GK Butterfield is a loony liberal wingnut progressive, and taking him out would be as effective as removing two ordinary Democrats. If we can replace him with a Constitutionalist it will be like removing 4 nominal Democrats. And do i really need to remind you what effect one man named Mel Watt, formerly of CD 12 had wrt Ron Paul's Audit the Fed?

The solution to getting raped by the government is not "roll over and enjoy it." I get it, you think it's pointless to fight back. Well I don't rightly GAF what you think, I'm gonna fight back. You can sit there on the sidelines jeering all you want.
    AMEN!

Quote Originally Posted by Feeding the Abscess View Post
    Being obese is a health problem, being 79 is a health problem, and being obese at 79 is a serious health problem.
    And being someone more powerful than the President of the United States, when he is all in about a legacy that he transformed the United States into a third world nation, is also a health problem lol.

Scalia, as arguably the only sincerely Constitutionalist SCOTUS Justice in my lifetime, has been slowing down the march to totalitarianism lo these last 25 years, helping to hamstring the tyrants in cases like DC vs Heller.
    I never said Scalia was great. That's just your interpretation of my lack of hatred for him.
    Are there two people posting on your account?

26. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Are there two people posting on your account?
    No. Unlike you, my mind is not comprised solely of the "Black and White fallacy."

Obama will appoint a black lesbian vegetarian Buddhist.
    Rand Paul 2016
    Justin Amash 2024
    Thomas Massie 2032

Check out Matthew Vines' Reformation Project!

Quote Originally Posted by PaleoPaul View Post
    Obama will appoint a black lesbian vegetarian Buddhist.
    Nuh uh. Obama will appoint a gender***** transsexual black lesbian vegetarian Buddhist.

He still has a couple empty boxes to check.

No. Unlike you, my mind is not comprised solely of the "Black and White fallacy."
    Your fallacy is:

ad hominem

You attacked your opponent's character or personal traits in an attempt to undermine their argument.

Ad hominem attacks can take the form of overtly attacking somebody, or more subtly casting doubt on their character or personal attributes as a way to discredit their argument. The result of an ad hom attack can be to undermine someone's case without actually having to engage with it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

Quote Originally Posted by heavenlyboy34 View Post
    Your fallacy is:

ad hominem

You attacked your opponent's character or personal traits in an attempt to undermine their argument.

Ad hominem attacks can take the form of overtly attacking somebody, or more subtly casting doubt on their character or personal attributes as a way to discredit their argument. The result of an ad hom attack can be to undermine someone's case without actually having to engage with it.
    Your fallacy is: Fallacy Fallacy.

My observation is accurate. the reason his argument is a failure is because he is assuming I must either idolize Scalia or hate him.

Interesting that you didn't call thoughtomator out for the ad hominem claiming that I idolize Scalia eh?

Your umbrage is awfully selective there, sport.

Obama can appoint whoever he wants. It will never hit the floor for a vote.

OK let's back off the $#@!-throwing for a bit and get back to the topic.

The big picture is that the headlong slide into tyranny is exactly what the people of this country want, and they want it good and hard. Pretty much all the pillars of tyranny have overwhelming popular support. Imposing liberty on them would be exactly that - an imposition. They're not interested, so it would have to be tyrannically imposed, which of course would violate their liberty.

The last chance for liberty in America died in 2012 with the end of Ron's campaign. The next chance will happen only after this country is so sick and tired of suffering the evils of tyranny that it revolts.

Scalia was not and could not be the difference-maker. If his death is devastating, what is being devastated is the illusion that there was something left of the current system to save.

There isn't.

If you want liberty, withdraw your consent from the current system rather than legitimizing it with your voluntary participation. Create liberty personally and locally with the choices you make and the relationships you form and the education of those who are willing to learn. Prepare yourself for the collapse of the present system so that you have the initiative in the aftermath, and then and only then will there be the opportunity for liberty to once again be proclaimed throughout the land and unto all the inhabitants thereof.

Quote Originally Posted by JK/SEA View Post
    Obama can appoint whoever he wants. It will never hit the floor for a vote.
    Depends. How much do you trust McConnell and Cornyn?

35. Remove this section of ads by registering.
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast