Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Can someone please correct me if I'm wrong?

Can someone please correct me if I'm wrong?

I understand that Ted Cruz is connected to Golden Sachs and spoke of "carpet bombing". However, he voted to decrease government spending and he started the government shutdown so his actions show he is for freedom. So can someone correct me on where I'm wrong? Can't we give credit where credit is due? If you can correct me then I won't vote at all.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by dude58677 View Post
    I understand that Ted Cruz is connected to Golden Sachs and spoke of "carpet bombing". However, he voted to decrease government spending and he started the government shutdown so his actions show he is for freedom. So can someone correct me on where I'm wrong? Can't we give credit where credit is due? If you can correct me then I won't vote at all.
    His wife works for goldman sachs...

Quote Originally Posted by Working Poor View Post
    His wife works for goldman sachs...
    Yes, but what about him starting the government shutdown?

I agree with you dude and urge you to follow your own feelings. I intend to do what I believe is right, and I want to hear what everyone has to say before I make my final decision. At the moment, though, I'm not endeared with any of them. But I know for sure, that I don't another dimprog in there.

Quote Originally Posted by TheNewYorker View Post
    Ron Paul seems to like Bernie
    Bernie supports a 90 percent tax rate on high income earners. Ted Cruz also voted to decrease defense spending.

I think Cruz is a bit better than the rest of the field, he's a bit more fiscally conservative.

That said, I'm not going to be defending Cruz here. Vote for whoever you want as long as it isn't Trump or Clinton and I could care less.

Quote Originally Posted by 69360 View Post
    I think Cruz is a bit better than the rest of the field, he's a bit more fiscally conservative.

That said, I'm not going to be defending Cruz here. Vote for whoever you want as long as it isn't Trump or Clinton and I could care less.
    I will never forget Cruz calling McConnell a liar on the Senate floor. It made my day.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    oh?
    http://www.ronpaullibertyreport.com/...ply-and-demand

On the plus...

Cruz is great on guns, great on obamacare and common core. Cruz is great on balanced budget. Cruz is fiercely anti abortion.

on the down

Cruz is for militarism, military spending, police state, drug war, sanctions, stop/frisk/papers, nation building, harsher sentencing;

A vote for Ted is a vote for VIOLENCE

I'm of the opinion he's full of $#@! on fed audit. You'll be hard pressed to find cruz showing up for a vote in the senate since he began campaigning for potus.

Marco knows full well I voted for his amendment to increase military spending to $697 billion," Cruz said.
    "Ted Cruz says he is for Auditing the Fed, but when the Senate voted on Rand's bill, Ted was nowhere to be found,"
    According to GovTrack, Cruz has missed 24 percent of Senate roll call votes over the past year, second only to Rubio.
    Vigorous sanctions against Putin; help eastern Ukraine. (Jul 2014)
    Fierce advocate of recruiting and growing the military. (Jul 2011)
    • Give police more power to ask about immigration status. (Jun 2012)
    • Boots on the ground, plus a wall. (Apr 2012)
    Install Eastern European ABMs; stand up to Russia in Ukraine. (Jun 2014)
    Bomb ISIS back to the Stone Age. (Oct 2014)
    US has a responsibility to defend our values abroad
    Strongly Favors topic 15:
    Expand the military
    Strongly Favors topic 9:
    Stricter punishment reduces crime
    No opinion on topic 19:
    Marijuana is a gateway drug

Last edited by presence; 02-13-2016 at 06:52 PM.

'We endorse the idea of voluntarism; self-responsibility: Family, friends, and churches to solve problems, rather than saying that some monolithic government is going to make you take care of yourself and be a better person. It's a preposterous notion: It never worked, it never will. The government can't make you a better person; it can't make you follow good habits.' - Ron Paul 1988

Awareness is the Root of Liberation Revolution is Action upon Revelation

'Resistance and Disobedience in Economic Activity is the Most Moral Human Action Possible' - SEK3

Flectere si nequeo superos, Acheronta movebo.

...the familiar ritual of institutional self-absolution...
    ...for protecting them, by mock trial, from punishment...

Yes, but what about him starting the government shutdown?
    You mean, the very-high-profile political disaster whose outcome was predictable beforehand, which he was warned against by Rand Paul because it was so predictable yet forged ahead with it anyway, which depended on known traitors like Boehner standing strong against Obama? That shutdown?

Seemed. Past tense. Then Bernie sold out to Goldman Sachs opposing Audit the Fed (twice?) and only voted for it most recently while running for POTUS.

I don't think there is much difference in them. Hillary and Rubio would probably be the worst ones. Bernie and Trump are the best because the establishment dislikes them. Not voting or voting third party is the noble thing to do! I'm not voting unless McAfee puts up some more funny videos.

Quote Originally Posted by Rad View Post
    I don't think there is much difference in them. Hillary and Rubio would probably be the worst ones. Bernie and Trump are the best because the establishment dislikes them. Not voting or voting third party is the noble thing to do! I'm not voting unless McAfee puts up some more funny videos.
    i wish McAfee was in a debate, it would be hilarious. He's like a real life Tony Stark.

But before entering politics, when he was a $695-an-hour lawyer in private practice, Cruz once delivered a full-throated defense of the stimulus spending he now condemns. In a little-noticed legal brief*Cruz filed in July 2009 on behalf of the Texas Retired Teachers Association, he*argued in favor of the legality and constitutionality of the Texas state government using federal stimulus money to cut a one-time $500 check to some 250,000 retired teachers. Moreover, Cruz touted the economic benefits of the payments and noted that they would help fulfill the mission of Obama’s stimulus. These $500 checks, Cruz wrote, “will directly impact the [Texas] economy…and will directly further the greater purpose of economic recovery for America.”

…Later in the brief, Cruz urged Abbott, a fierce foe of Obama, to green-light the stimulus-backed payments so as to best fulfill the Obama administration’s directive to spend stimulus dollars quickly “to help drive the nation’s economic recovery.” And he concluded the brief with yet another strong plea to approve the payments, insisting that the deal “will directly impact the economy in both the metropolitan and rural areas of Texas, and will directly further the greater purposes of economic recovery for America as envisioned by” the Obama administration.
    http://www.thedailysheeple.com/read-...ecovery_042015

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    All right. I stand corrected as voting for Ted Cruz is a vote for violence. I won't be voting. I might even cancel my registration.

Cruz and Trump and probably Rubio would bring John Bolton on as a FP advisor.
    “I don’t think that there will be any curtailing of Donald Trump as president,” he said. "He controls the media, he controls the sentiment [and] he controls everybody. He’s the one who will resort to executive orders more so than [President] Obama ever used them." - Ron Paul

Its your vote, do with it however you please. Just don't drag the rest of us down with you into the flames of hell.
    THE SQUAD of RPF
    1. enhanced_deficit - Paid Troll / John Bolton book promoter
    2. Devil21 - LARPing Wizard, fake magical script reader
    3. Firestarter - Tax Troll; anti-tax = "criminal behavior"
    4. TheCount - Comet Pizza Pedo Denier <-- sick

@Ehanced_Deficit's real agenda on RPF =troll:

Who spends this much time copy/pasting the same recycled links, photos/talking points.

7 yrs/25k posts later RPF'ers still respond to this troll

Quote Originally Posted by eleganz View Post
    Its your vote, do with it however you please. Just don't drag the rest of us down with you into the flames of hell.
    I'm not voting and you as well as others have comvinced me the rest of this election is pointless. A vote for Ted Cruz is a vote for violence and he is a huge warmonger.

Cruz has done some good things, and sure talks the talk in the debates, but I still don't trust him. I trust Trump on immigration and trade, and those are two of the most important issues for me, but I don't trust him on anything else either. It's truly a case of vote with your gut and hope that you don't get screwed. If anyone other than Trump or Cruz gets the nomination I will vote Democrat. If the policies are going to be the same, let the Dems take the blame.

Quote Originally Posted by misterx View Post
    Cruz has done some good things, and sure talks the talk in the debates, but I still don't trust him. I trust Trump on immigration and trade, and those are two of the most important issues for me, but I don't trust him on anything else either. It's truly a case of vote with your gut and hope that you don't get screwed. If anyone other than Trump or Cruz gets the nomination I will vote Democrat. If the policies are going to be the same, let the Dems take the blame.
    The mental gymnastics you go through to give up your trust for the lesser evil is the destruction of democracy itself.

Vote however you want. Normally I'd vote 3rd party or not vote at all but because of the SC situation I'll probably end up voting GOP. That's the way I feel right now, whether I'll actually be able to go through with it or not I'm not sure. I'd probably end up instantly regretting it.

All right. I stand corrected as voting for Ted Cruz is a vote for violence. I won't be voting. I might even cancel my registration.
    I dont think you can cancel. If you find a way, let me know about it, lol.
    "They that can give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
    -Benjamin Franklin

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I can't believe anyone would even consider voting for Cruz after the lying and cheating he has done. He flat out committed voter fraud in Iowa. He is using Clinton tactics... period. Disgusting.
    Experience teaches us that it is much easier to prevent an enemy from posting themselves than it is to dislodge them after they have got possession.
    ~ George Washington

Cruz is Not Serious About Balanced Budgets...

Actually, Sen. Paul proved how Ted Cruz is not as fiscally conservative as he pretends to be. Remember this?
    "Then David said to the Philistine, 'You come to me with a sword, a spear, and a javelin, but I come to you in the name of Yahweh of hosts, the God of the battle lines of Israel, Whom you have reproached.'" - 1 Samuel 17:45

"May future generations look back on our work and say that these were men and women who, in moment of great crisis, stood up to their politicians, the opinion-makers, and the Establishment, and saved their country." - Dr. Ron Paul

Quote Originally Posted by Mike4Freedom View Post
    I dont think you can cancel. If you find a way, let me know about it, lol.
    You can change it.

I'm not voting and you as well as others have comvinced me the rest of this election is pointless. A vote for Ted Cruz is a vote for violence and he is a huge warmonger.
    That's the worst thing you can do. Only the top of the primary ticket is pointless. Who is on your ballot for state and local offices?
    I have an autographed copy of Revolution: A Manifesto for sale. Mint condition, inquire within. (I don't sign in often, so please allow plenty of time for a response)

Stupid people should stay away from the polls.
    Last edited by navy-vet; 02-14-2016 at 03:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by navy-vet View Post
    You can change it.
    I have been meaning to change mine from repub to independent ever since they began letting independents vote in the primaries here but just haven't gotten around to it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast