Thread: Maher Lights up a Joint While Talking Progress on Marijuana Legalization

Maher Lights up a Joint While Talking Progress on Marijuana Legalization

Maher Lights up a Joint While Talking Progress on Marijuana Legalization

by Lindsey Ellefson
    February 12th, 2016

We already know that tonight’s Real Time guest Killer Mike loves to roll up, as does Bill Maher. Hell, Zach Galifianakis smoked on the show once, no matter how hard Maher tried to deny it. With Mike in the studio, tonight was the perfect time for Maher to release a seven-minute tirade against those who stand in the way of country-wide legalized marijuana.

First, he clapped back at President Barack Obama‘s tepid comments that the “bad habit” is no worse than alcohol, saying “It’s not a bad habit, it’s a fantastic habit.”

Then, he got serious:

http://www.mediaite.com/online/while...es-joint-live/

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Was it legal to toke in the studio? If not they should haul his ass in. Very simple he broke the law. Swat that studio and his house.

Chester Copperpot

@6:11 "This is private property"

interesting how bill invoked private property rights to protect his right to smoke pot but its my understanding that liberals would consider this broadcast a public venue.. just like shopping centers or anything else with public access....

im sure even Maher himself has done this in subsequent instances..

nice to know he endorses liberty even when he doesnt endorse liberty.

While saying the federal government should make it legal everywhere. He doesn't understand the Constitution in the slightest sense.

Constitutional Comedy

Quote Originally Posted by Bastiat's The Law View Post
    While saying the federal government should make it legal everywhere. He doesn't understand the Constitution in the slightest sense.
    Now imagine if we had a limited government, pro-free market comedian with his own prime-time cable TV show who could reach the masses with a truly liberty-based message and influence millions of viewers...
    "Then David said to the Philistine, 'You come to me with a sword, a spear, and a javelin, but I come to you in the name of Yahweh of hosts, the God of the battle lines of Israel, Whom you have reproached.'" - 1 Samuel 17:45

"May future generations look back on our work and say that these were men and women who, in moment of great crisis, stood up to their politicians, the opinion-makers, and the Establishment, and saved their country." - Dr. Ron Paul

Oh the good ol' days:

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding one’s self in the ranks of the insane.” — Marcus Aurelius

They’re not buying it. CNN, you dumb bastards!” — President Trump 2020

Consilio et Animis de Oppresso Liber

Here is a continuation of tube in OP if anyone is interested, and the Overtime segment afterwards.

The Federal Government is the one that made it illegal everywhere. they and make it legal just as easily..

and everything else. End Prohibition. completely and entirely.

Nothing Illegal.. Black market vanishes instantly.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Even Trump is for Medical Marijuana.... he has friends he knows it helps...

FJB

Quote Originally Posted by Chester Copperpot View Post
    @6:11 "This is private property"

interesting how bill invoked private property rights to protect his right to smoke pot but its my understanding that liberals would consider this broadcast a public venue.. just like shopping centers or anything else with public access....

im sure even Maher himself has done this in subsequent instances..

nice to know he endorses liberty even when he doesnt endorse liberty.
    I don't recall Maher defending bar owners when they made that argument when smoking was banned.

He's a hypocrite. I hope he is prosecuted for it the way I would be.

Spoken like a true $#@!. Reaching the right conclusion for all the wrong reasons.
    I too have been a close observer of the doings of the Bank of the United States...When you won, you divided the profits amongst you, and when you lost, you charged it to the bank...You are a den of vipers and thieves. I have determined to rout you out, and by the Eternal, I will rout you out!

Andrew Jackson, 1834

What would have happened if Adam Kokesh went on a show and fired one up?

Quote Originally Posted by Schifference View Post
    Was it legal to toke in the studio? If not they should haul his ass in. Very simple he broke the law. Swat that studio and his house.
    Lol I'm hoping this is satire
    The ultimate minority is the individual. Protect the individual from Democracy and you will protect all groups of individuals
    Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add 'within the limits of the law' because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual. - Thomas Jefferson
    I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

- Bene Gesserit Litany Against Fear

I will give him this as good work. To make me feel better about it I imagine Bill heavily over paying for weed, not knowing how to roll a joint, and keeping a bottle of Polo and Visene in his car so "no one will know". Hiding behind the shed type stuff..

He understands it as well as the SCOTUS.
    All modern revolutions have ended in a reinforcement of the power of the State.
    -Albert Camus

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by willwash View Post
    Spoken like a true $#@!. Reaching the right conclusion for all the wrong reasons.
    I highlighted the part that is important here.
    Seattle Sounders 2016 MLS Cup Champions 2019 MLS Cup Champions 2022 CONCACAF Champions League - and the [un]official football club of RPF

just a libertarian - no caucus

Yeah you can bet if a libertarian did this the swat team would be there before they could exhale lol..