Thread: 1300 new Trump or Sanders voters

1300 new Trump or Sanders voters

“It is not true that all creeds and cultures are equally assimilable in a First World nation born of England, Christianity, and Western civilization. Race, faith, ethnicity and history leave genetic fingerprints no ‘proposition nation’ can erase." -- Pat Buchanan

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Trump would tax Carrier air conditioning units for moving to Mexico

https://ca.news.yahoo.com/trump-tax-...055953482.html

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump said he would impose taxes on Carrier air conditioning units manufactured in Mexico in light of the company's decision to move production from Indiana, a position in line with his strong opposition to international trade deals.

Video of the company's announcement last week to employees went viral on the Internet, showing emotional reactions to the loss of jobs while a representative of the company explained the move was "strictly a business decision." Carrier, a manufacturer of air conditioning units, is owned by United Technologies Corp and announced it would be moving 1,400 jobs to Monterrey, Mexico.

During Saturday night's Republican debate, Trump said if he were president, he would approach Carrier officials and give them two choices.

"I'm going to tell them, 'Now I'm going to get consensus from Congress and we're going to tax you,'" Trump said. "'So stay where you are [in Mexico] or build in the United States.' Because we are killing ourselves with trade pacts that are no good for us and no good for our workers."

A central part of Trump's campaign message has been his opposition to international trade pacts that allow products manufactured overseas to be imported with limited or no tariffs. It's a policy position that reverberates with middle- and low- income Americans, who have watched manufacturing jobs leave the country in the last several decades.

Trump cited the video of the workers, which has more than 2.8 million views on YouTube, at the debate.

"If you saw the people, because they have a video of the announcement that Carrier is moving to Mexico, they were laid off," he said. "They were crying. It was a very sad situation."

They're leaving because of regulations. Not one word about reversing those.

http://wendymcelroy.com/news.php?extend.6939

Ed: the impact of US regulations. The entire HVAC industry seems to be moving.
    The transition won’t begin until mid-2017 and will occur in phases over a three-year-period, according to the company, which cites government regulations as one of the factors forcing the move. This did little to quell the tension and emotions in the room.
    [...]
    The heating, cooling, air conditioning, and refrigeration company said in a statement that the move is in response to continued market and regulatory pressures: “The continued migration of the HVAC industry to Mexico, including our suppliers and competitors, and ongoing cost and pricing pressures driven, in part, by new regulatory requirements.”
    Based on the idea of natural rights, government secures those rights to the individual by strictly negative intervention, making justice costless and easy of access; and beyond that it does not go. The State, on the other hand, both in its genesis and by its primary intention, is purely anti-social. It is not based on the idea of natural rights, but on the idea that the individual has no rights except those that the State may provisionally grant him. It has always made justice costly and difficult of access, and has invariably held itself above justice and common morality whenever it could advantage itself by so doing.
    --Albert J. Nock

I will wait for a certified HVAC Tech to weigh in before I decide what to think about this.
    “I don’t think that there will be any curtailing of Donald Trump as president,” he said. "He controls the media, he controls the sentiment [and] he controls everybody. He’s the one who will resort to executive orders more so than [President] Obama ever used them." - Ron Paul

Quote Originally Posted by Lucille View Post
    They're leaving because of regulations. Not one word about reversing those.

http://wendymcelroy.com/news.php?extend.6939
    And not a single one of those regulations was voted on or debated by any representative of the people.

But try and get Idiot AmeriKa to understand that.

Quote Originally Posted by CPUd View Post
    I will wait for a certified HVAC Tech to weigh in before I decide what to think about this.
    That made me chuckle.

+rep

LOL!! Where's he at, anyway?

ziiiing hehe
    The ultimate minority is the individual. Protect the individual from Democracy and you will protect all groups of individuals
    Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add 'within the limits of the law' because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual. - Thomas Jefferson
    I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

- Bene Gesserit Litany Against Fear

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.