Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: EPA Rule To Ban Car Modification

EPA Rule To Ban Car Modification

http://www.thenewspaper.com/news/48/4894.asp

EPA and NHTSA complete work on a regulation banning sale of go-fast engine parts for automobiles.

The Obama administration is looking to close down the automotive aftermarket. Tucked deep within a proposed rulemaking governing diesel truck engines, the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) and National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) introduced language that would prohibit any changes to an automobile's engine or exhaust after it leaves the factory. The Specialty Equipment Market Association (SEMA) raised the alarm Monday after discovering the hidden provision.

"Certified motor vehicles and motor vehicle engines and their emission control devices must remain in their certified configuration even if they are used solely for competition or if they become nonroad vehicles or engines," the proposed regulation states. "Anyone modifying a certified motor vehicle or motor vehicle engine for any reason is subject to the tampering and defeat device prohibitions of this section and 42 USC 7522(a)(3)."

Full article on link.
    1776 > 1984

The FAILURE of the United States Government to operate and maintain an
    Honest Money System , which frees the ordinary man from the clutches of the money manipulators, is the single largest contributing factor to the World's current Economic Crisis.

The Elimination of Privacy is the Architecture of Genocide

Belief, Money, and Violence are the three ways all people are controlled

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Our central bank is not privately owned.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I guess you don't own it any more... next comes the EULA!

'We endorse the idea of voluntarism; self-responsibility: Family, friends, and churches to solve problems, rather than saying that some monolithic government is going to make you take care of yourself and be a better person. It's a preposterous notion: It never worked, it never will. The government can't make you a better person; it can't make you follow good habits.' - Ron Paul 1988

Awareness is the Root of Liberation Revolution is Action upon Revelation

'Resistance and Disobedience in Economic Activity is the Most Moral Human Action Possible' - SEK3

Flectere si nequeo superos, Acheronta movebo.

...the familiar ritual of institutional self-absolution...
    ...for protecting them, by mock trial, from punishment...

Quote Originally Posted by fedupinmo View Post
    I guess you don't own it any more... next comes the EULA!
    Probably. Same way as you "dont own" your iPhone or PlayStation or a DVD or are even allowed to take pictures of furniture because it infringes on the copyright of the furniture. Lot of it has to do with software. Im sure at some point, people will no longer be allowed to take pictures of their car either.

Another important point you bring up that isnt focused upon very much is the difference between Civil Law and Contract Law. I think that many judges and lawmakers would believe that Constitutional Rights can be subverted by application of contract. Something like "by eating this airplane peanut, you hereby and forthwith agree to surrender all rights, constitutional and any other form of rights otherwise recognized, to the creator of this peanut bla bla bla". There are some slightly entertaining EULAs out there on some websites, such as "by using this site, you agree to give us ownership of your eternal soul". The authors intended their Privacy Policies to be both a bit of entertainment and as a warning that people do not pay any attention to the EULAs of every website out there.

Problem with the proposed law is that you "will not be allowed" to let anyone other than "authorized mechanics" to work on your vehicle. This will absolutely crush the ability of ordinary people to do any form of maintenance on your ride. But it goes deeper. If you cant work on your own car, you cant learn how it works or how to fix it. This also creates another need for "authorized education". The problem is the "authorization". This "authorization" is nothing more than the conversion of Rights into Privileges. You do not have permission to learn without permission. You do not have permission to teach without permission. You do not have permission to do anything without permission. The next major part, as mentioned, is the EULA, where the Contract gives a private institution more control over an individual than a country. The entire concept of "beyond the scope of authority" is completely ignored by most courts, regardless of how egregious the demands in the contract are.

If you really wanna see how screwed up the concept of private property has become, look up "allodial title".
    1776 > 1984

Honest Money System , which frees the ordinary man from the clutches of the money manipulators, is the single largest contributing factor to the World's current Economic Crisis.

“I don’t think that there will be any curtailing of Donald Trump as president,” he said. "He controls the media, he controls the sentiment [and] he controls everybody. He’s the one who will resort to executive orders more so than [President] Obama ever used them." - Ron Paul

Won't be long now before people are walking down shady back alleys on the wrong side of the tracks to buy a K&N Air Filter and a set of Bosch spark plugs, and the average Republican starts blaming the victims for getting shot. "Well if you weren't off buying illegal car parts ya wouldn'a got yersef shot ya heah?"

The constant infringements on independence are incremental but cumulative.

When Freedom is outlawed, only Outlaws will have Freedom.

(Replace "freedom" with anything, and you will begin to see the scale of incrementalization.)
    1776 > 1984

Quote Originally Posted by GunnyFreedom View Post
    Won't be long now before people are walking down shady back alleys on the wrong side of the tracks to buy a K&N Air Filter and a set of Bosch spark plugs, and the average Republican starts blaming the victims for getting shot. "Well if you weren't off buying illegal car parts ya wouldn'a got yersef shot ya heah?"
    Bro...I'm usually lock step in agreement with you...but not this one. Never EVER EVER $#@! with a rednecks right to keep and bear highly modified gas guzzling vehicles that are fast, loud and 'Merican!

If Boobus finds out about this...we actually might see bloodshed from the newly formed NASCAR Militia.
    "I know the urge to arm yourself, because that’s what I did. I was trained in firearms. When I walked to the hospital when my husband was sick, I carried a concealed weapon. I made the determination that if somebody was going to try to take me out I was going to take them with me."

Diane Feinstein, 1995

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Lets see what other obvious outcomes we can come up with:

Making anything illegal only creates a Black Market for it.
    1776 > 1984

Quote Originally Posted by Uriel999 View Post
    Bro...I'm usually lock step in agreement with you...but not this one. Never EVER EVER $#@! with a rednecks right to keep and bear highly modified gas guzzling vehicles that are fast, loud and 'Merican!

If Boobus finds out about this...we actually might see bloodshed from the newly formed NASCAR Militia.
    I wish I could agree with this, but I have lost any shred of hope that Boobus will stand for any reason whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by DamianTV View Post
    The constant infringements on independence are incremental but cumulative.

When Freedom is outlawed, only Outlaws will have Freedom.

(Replace "freedom" with anything, and you will begin to see the scale of incrementalization.)
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

I wish I could agree with this, but I have lost any shred of hope that Boobus will stand for any reason whatever.
    Cut off their Welfare or Food Stamps or whatever form of Govt Subsidies they collect upon and there will be violence in the streets by tomorrow morning. Sad thing is that although that is exactly what will cause the people to revolt, it will not offer any real solutions to the plague of problems that we are enduring today.
    1776 > 1984

I am afraid so....
    Unless there's a techno miracle, I fear we are living on the pre apocalyptic precipice.
    The last vestiges of the republic.

[QUOTE=DamianTV;6131979]The constant infringements on independence are incremental but cumulative.

We used to call that strategy "death by a thousand cuts" in my day.

I think the EPA should limit the amount of rare earth minerals a person can own. Say, 2 pounds of neodymium and maybe 15 pounds of lanthanum.

http://www.popsci.com/cars/article/2...ll-rare-metals
    "This here's Miss Bonnie Parker. I'm Clyde Barrow. We rob banks."

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Uriel999 View Post

Boobus won't do $#@!.

Boobus is fine with all of this.

Boobus sits in an open air prison with scowling guards hut hutting all about, and sings about how free he is.

By His Royal Decree, it shall be so.

They would hate the car I am contemplating.

Parts already at hand.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

Quote Originally Posted by Isaac Bickerstaff View Post
    I think the EPA should limit the amount of rare earth minerals a person can own. Say, 2 pounds of neodymium and maybe 15 pounds of lanthanum.

http://www.popsci.com/cars/article/2...ll-rare-metals
    Did you know that "rare earth elements" are NOT that rare? What makes them rare is the difficulty in identifying the elements. When you look at a periodic table, what happens is that chemically those rare earth elements are so remarkably similar to the elements that are either right above or below them, the chemical similarity makes distinguishing rare earth from "more common" elements difficult.

Now, with that all having been said, are you serious or are you being sarcastic about surrendering even more authority to a Govt Alphabet Soup Agency that gets to dictate how a person lives their life? Say a person has 3 pounds of neodymium, as opposed to your proposed 2 pounds, who is the victim?
    1776 > 1984

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Boobus won't do $#@!.

Boobus is fine with all of this.

Boobus sits in an open air prison with scowling guards hut hutting all about, and sings about how free he is.
    Boobus might be stocking up on custom engine accessories. Maybe Boobus realizes that there isn't anything he can do to alter the the tide anyway, especially now that Rand has thrown in the towel.

Quote Originally Posted by navy-vet View Post
    Boobus might be stocking up on custom engine accessories. Maybe Boobus realizes that there isn't anything he can do to alter the the tide anyway, especially now that Rand has thrown in the towel.
    The Japanese can tell you what can happen when you underestimate Boobus.

Quote Originally Posted by navy-vet View Post
    The Japanese can tell you what can happen when you underestimate Boobus.
    The ones that survived that is.

But go on poking the bear...

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by DamianTV View Post
    Cut off their Welfare or Food Stamps or whatever form of Govt Subsidies they collect upon and there will be violence in the streets by tomorrow morning. Sad thing is that although that is exactly what will cause the people to revolt, it will not offer any real solutions to the plague of problems that we are enduring today.
    I agree, but it will never happen because TPTB know this as well as we do.

Got this link off the BOSS 302 REGISTRY forum. I was a board member here years ago.

for what its worth. Please sign.

http://semasan.com/page.asp?content=...paign=LegAlert

already over 130k...

Quote Originally Posted by JK/SEA View Post
    Got this link off the BOSS 302 REGISTRY forum. I was a board member here years ago.

for what its worth. Please sign.

http://semasan.com/page.asp?content=...paign=LegAlert

already over 130k...
    They were looking for 100k signatures in 30 days. They broke that number in 2.

It won't be long before we are all riding unicycles.
    #NashvilleStrong

“I’m a doctor. That’s a baby.”~~~Dr. Manny Sethi

@DamianTV
    Did you follow the link? My "proposed" rule would ban Prius'. I thought my sarcasm would be self evident this time. Sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by euphemia View Post
    It won't be long before we are all riding unicycles.
    You mean on public transit, in the ghettos.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast