Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Worms Can Invade Your Brain from Eating This Common Food

Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post
    My in laws eat pork chops cooked medium. It's disgusting. I think they have the brain eating worms; they're huge Obama fans. O_o
    The govt. and food associations and popular Food Network chefs all claim that it is now safe to cook pork chops and certain cuts to medium rare.

I don't chance it with the schwag meat at your regular grocery store, but I've been eating pork chops and pork tenderloin at medium rare at home that come from Trader Joe's or Whole Foods type places, or at nice restaurants, and it is pretty delicious (I'm not an Obama fan )

Still have yet to get sick from pork, I used to get sick ALL THE TIME as a kid eating pre-cooked chicken from the grocery store, fried or roasted. So I've always been a bit more wary of chicken, I eat it less often than other meats.
    Last edited by dannno; 02-13-2016 at 09:06 AM.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Chester Copperpot

Quote Originally Posted by Isaac Bickerstaff View Post
    Does anyone else smell that? It smells like Monsanto with a touch of desperation.
    for some reason she likes to deride nature.... but since thats the starting point of everything it kinda makes her look foolish.

Youre description about smelling like Monsanto with a touch of desperation is indeed spot on.

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    The govt. and food associations and popular Food Network chefs all claim that it is now safe to cook pork chops and certain cuts to medium rare.
    I don't believe them. I cook pork, chicken, and fish. I'll eat beef med rare
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

Chester Copperpot

I don't chance it with the schwag meat at your regular grocery store, but I've been eating pork chops and pork tenderloin at medium rare at home that come from Trader Joe's or Whole Foods type places, or at nice restaurants, and it is pretty delicious (I'm not an Obama fan )

Still have yet to get sick from pork, I used to get sick ALL THE TIME as a kid eating pre-cooked chicken from the grocery store, fried or roasted. So I've always been a bit more wary of chicken, I eat it less often than other meats.
    FWIW, Ive only tried that Horizon organic ULTRA PASTEURIZED milk twice - got sick both times.. Ive been drinking raw milk now almost 10 years - never had a problem. plus its got 60 different enzymes, tons of various vitamin a & d (real vitamins) iodine, etc etc. plus the taste is awesome.. the cream is by far the best tasting cream ive ever used in hot tea... just fantastic.

Chester Copperpot

Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post
    I don't believe them. I cook pork, chicken, and fish. I'll eat beef med rare
    yeah im with you... i just dont eat that much pork.. once in a while we get pastured pork from the store... ive yet to try their bacon.. (its almost $10/lb).. its alot for bacon and i just figure theres better meat to buy with that money.

Is it free range grass fed pork?

http://www.traderjoes.com/announceme...at-and-poultry

To Our Valued Customers:

We understand the importance of our customers' decisions when it comes to their grocery shopping and do not presume to make choices for them; we work hard to offer products we think fit our customers' needs—covering a range of considerations.

When it comes to meat and poultry, Trader Joe's offers items from sources of a conventional nature (where antibiotics are likely used) and sources that do not use antibiotics (organic or explicitly labeled as antibiotic-free [ABF]). Among the antibiotic-free items currently available are: Ground Beef and Beef Patties, Beef Tri-Tip (plain and marinated), Angus Steaks (Ribeye and New York Strip), Beef Filet Roasts, Sliced Roast Beef, Beef Hot Dogs, fully cooked Beef Sirloin, various Chicken items, a variety of Sausage and Meatballs, Ground Turkey, Sliced Turkey, Sliced Ham, Bacon, and Lamb Loin Chops.

As is made plain by the offerings in our stores, we are interested in making available to our customers products made with meat and poultry raised without the use of antibiotics—and our interest comes from feedback from our customers. We go to great lengths to make these items as consistently available as possible and are focused on the value they present—great quality at a great price. In support of our customers' looking for a variety of meat and poultry options, we continue to develop new sources to support new product offerings across a range of attributes, including antibiotic-free (ABF) products.

Since pork is not listed, theirs probably comes from "conventional sources" same as other stores.

http://consumersunion.org/2014/06/19...n-antibiotics/

Read Buzzfeed’s 18 Incredible Things You Didn’t Know About Trader Joe’s, and you’ll learn some tidbits about Hawaiian shirts and ginger snaps. But the thing we find pretty incredible (perhaps #19?) is that this company still continues to stock its shelves with meat from animals raised on antibiotics.

We know Trader Joe’s customers expect better. Most are shocked to learn that their beloved grocer would offer such products, given that the overuse of antibiotics in meat production is contributing to the already huge and still growing problem of antibiotic resistance.

In fact, our survey found that 87% of Trader Joe’s shoppers agree that supermarkets and meat suppliers should work together to avoid giving food animals antibiotics unless they are sick. And 69% of TJ’s shoppers said they think that supermarkets selling meat raised with antibiotics are doing a disservice to their consumers. Fewer than a quarter of those surveyed realized that TJ’s currently sells antibiotic-raised meat.

You can find some select meat products in stores raised without antibiotics – chicken mostly. But much of their pork, beef and turkey is sourced from suppliers where “antibiotics are likely used.”

Joe, we know you can do better.

We’ll give credit where credit is due on ginger snaps and Two Buck Chuck — but when it comes to their meat, read labels carefully. And if you’re ready to see TJ’s kick its antibiotics habit to the curb, take them a message the next time you shop.
    Note that Trader Joes does not have any butchers unlike many grocery stores so their meats are cut and packaged in some sort of factory set-up and takes a couple days to even get to the store while the grocery cuts theirs on premise that day.

http://www.denverpost.com/business/c...at-antibiotics

Halloran said Consumers Union in 2012 surveyed 13 of the largest national grocers, including Trader Joe's, and found that a majority of the grocers offered a few antibiotic-free meat and poultry products, although most contained antibiotics. Whole Foods was the only major chain in the survey that sold only organic, antibiotic-free meats.

In 11 Trader Joe's stores that were surveyed, there were an average of 17 antibiotic-free items out of a total of 191 meat and poultry products.
    Last edited by Zippyjuan; 02-13-2016 at 02:18 PM.

I guess it's good to point something like this out, but it's just the tip of the iceberg. Personally I wouldn't take anything the CDC says as fact, considering they are a government organization, but that's just me.

If you talk to any respected doctor or naturopath that doesn't have state or agency interests in mind (not many of them), you will know that parasites occupy nearly all pieces of food that we eat. Thoroughly cooking, washing/cleaning, and making smart eating decisions help reduce the amount of active infections we see in the western world. The acidity in the body takes care of most of the ingested parasitic eggs, and a strong immune system will do the rest, so it doesn't seem to often become a problem. But it's a myth that you aren't getting a parasitic infection because you aren't ever eating parasitic eggs. You are, but being a healthy person, and taking the appropriate measures when dealing with food staves off infection.

Those with immune system dysfunction, can not rely on the standard measures to prevent this. That's why you will often see comorbidity among people with autoimmune disorders and parasitic infection. If you know anyone that suffers from any of these diseases for a long period of time and they received treatment from a very good doctor, you may already know this.

There is little to no human parasitic research being done right now in the United States because of this myth, that they can only be caught or only exist in third world countries. This is a lie. You have a better chance of your dog being treated for parasites than you do as a human currently in the United States.

Here's a link to a story of a Chinese man that ate a heavy amount of sushi and the results. And he isn't just some isolated crazy case. This trend is continuing as our food choices get worse, immune system dysfunction increases and seen by the rise of autism and Lyme disease cases and as sushi and other raw foods popularity rises in the west.
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/ar...d-sashimi.html

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12