Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Worms Can Invade Your Brain from Eating This Common Food

Worms Can Invade Your Brain from Eating This Common Food

Worms Can Invade Your Brain from Eating This Common Food

If you don’t want worms to invade your brain, don’t eat this food! If they get into your body, the worms will eventually find their way to your major organ, including the brain. These worms are a dangerous parasite that can have fatal consequences! They were noticed when Dr. Effrossyni Gkrania-Klotsas examined one man’s head during an exam. The tapeworm that was inside his head was a type of worm that was never before seen in the UK!

Four years earlier, the team at Addenbrookes Hospital at Cambridge examined a man for his headaches. He came back for tests after a short time with new symptoms. The patient had previously travelled to China, a country which had most cases of the parasite known as Spirometra erinaceieuropaei along Thailand, Japan and South Korea. “When the patient returned, he had all new symptoms”, says Dr. Klotsas. The worm was finding its way to a new part of the brain, causing symptoms such as weakness in the legs and seizures besides his headaches. The infection that caused his troubles was Sparganosis, a parasitic infection caused by the plerocercoid larvae of diphyllobothroid tapeworms belonging to the genus Spirometra. When the doctors diagnosed him with the infection, they had to immediately remove the worm surgically, as the infection cannot be treated by any known drugs.

Only 300 Spirometra infections were registered between 1953 and 2013. They mostly occur in parts of Asia populated by people that has almost no knowledge of tapeworms. This type of the Spirometra tapeworm typically occurs in the intestines of animals such as dogs and cats. The animals then excrete the worm’s eggs through their feces, and the eggs eventually enter and contaminate water sources. The larvae then stay in the water for a long time until they end up in other animals such as snakes or frogs. People can infect themselves with direct contact with an animal that has the Spirometra tapeworm in its body. Dr. Klotsas says that she recently had a patient who infected himself unknowingly by drinking water from a contaminated source.

Bennett said that the Spirometra larvae can encyst the brain and other body parts and organs, causing blindness, paralysis, tissue damage and can even be fatal. Through research on the worm’s genes and internal functions, he hoped to find a way to cure the infection.

As the infection is rare, creating a drug which will cure it is not practical, but by comparing the Spirometra tapeworm to other tapeworms, the medical experts can see what other drugs can work. They extracted pieces of the tapeworm from the patient and hope to discover its resistance to drugs. They also hope that the research can be of great importance in the future. They will try to identify large genes and genome from these small pieces.

Pork tapeworms

Of all the tapeworm types, only 3 can infect the brain. According to Helena Helmby from the London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine, the pork tapeworm is the main culprit for infecting the brain.

There are two form of infections with the pork tapeworm by which humans can be infected:

The first form of infection is by consuming underdone pork from pigs that were infected by the tapeworm. This results in taeniasis, when an adult worm resides in the intestine.

The second form of infection that can occur is the larvae form. It can be contracted by direct contact with animal feces. This can cause neurocysticercosis, a condition when the larval worm infests the nervous system and the brain. This kind of infection is very dangerous, as it can cause epilepsy. The WHO (World Health Organisation) claims that a third of all epilepsy cases in areas where the infections is native are caused by neurocysticercosis.

http://www.healthylifeland.com/break...s-common-food/
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I watched a documentary on pork tapeworms once and didn't eat pork for about 7 years afterwards. I just got back to pork pretty recently... and I cook it to the point of "pulled pork" pretty much always.

'We endorse the idea of voluntarism; self-responsibility: Family, friends, and churches to solve problems, rather than saying that some monolithic government is going to make you take care of yourself and be a better person. It's a preposterous notion: It never worked, it never will. The government can't make you a better person; it can't make you follow good habits.' - Ron Paul 1988

Awareness is the Root of Liberation Revolution is Action upon Revelation

'Resistance and Disobedience in Economic Activity is the Most Moral Human Action Possible' - SEK3

Flectere si nequeo superos, Acheronta movebo.

...the familiar ritual of institutional self-absolution...
    ...for protecting them, by mock trial, from punishment...

My in laws eat pork chops cooked medium. It's disgusting. I think they have the brain eating worms; they're huge Obama fans. O_o
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

Is Pork Meat Toxic?

There are reasons that the meat of the pig becomes more saturated with toxins than many of its counterpart farm animals. The first reason has to do with the digestive system of a pig.

A pig digests whatever it eats rather quickly, in up to about four hours. On the other hand a cow takes a good twenty-four hours to digest what it’s eaten. During the digestive process, animals (including humans) get rid of excess toxins as well as other components of the food eaten that could be dangerous to health.

Since the pig’s digestive system operates rather basically, many of these toxins remain in their system to be stored in their more than adequate fatty tissues ready for our consumption.

Another issue with the pig is that it doesn’t have any sweat glands. Sweat glands are a tool the body uses to be rid of toxins. This leaves more toxins in the pig’s body.

I don’t have to tell you that when you consume pork meat, you too are getting all these toxins that weren’t eliminated from the pig. None of us need more toxins in our systems. In fact we should all be doing what we can to eliminate and cut down on toxin exposure. One vital way to do this is by choosing what you eat carefully.
    Trichinellosis, Pork Meat, and Your Health

Did you know that pigs carry a variety of parasites in their bodies and meat? Some of these parasites are difficult to kill even when cooking. This is the reason there are so many warnings out there about eating undercooked pork.

One of the biggest concerns with eating pork meat is trichinellosis or trichinosis. This is an infection that humans get from eating undercooked or uncooked pork that contains the larvae of the trichinella worm.

This worm parasite is very commonly found in pork. When the worm, most often living in cysts in the stomach, opens through stomach acids, its larvae are released into the body of the pig. These new worms make their homes in the muscles of the pig. Next stop? The unknowing human body who consumes this infected meat flesh.

And while no one particularly wants to consume worms, trichinellosis is a serious illness that you should do virtually anything to avoid.
    http://draxe.com/why-you-should-avoid-pork/
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

I heard you can get worms in your brain from sushi.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

__________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

The second form of infection that can occur is the larvae form. It can be contracted by direct contact with animal feces.
    Hopefully my pork chops are feces free.

Its all ok! Parasites are natural! With a microscope, you can even see them swimming around in raw milk - yummy!

The second form of infection that can occur is the larvae form. It can be contracted by direct contact with animal feces.
    Also known as organic fertilizer.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    Good point, I heard that too.

Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post
    My in laws eat pork chops cooked medium. It's disgusting. I think they have the brain eating worms; they're huge Obama fans. O_o
    You should bring them some undercooked pork every opportunity you get

More on the worm in the OP:
    http://theconversation.com/five-dead...he-globe-35944

Spirometra erinaceieuropae

Spirometra erinaceieuropae is a rare species of tapeworm that spends part of its life in amphibians and crustaceans before moving on to cats and dogs in the final part of its life cycle.

Humans are considered an accidental host for this worm species and while living in a person, the parasite will not reach maturity. S. erinaceieuropae infections – known as sparganosis – are most likely to be imported from areas like China.

Some of us may have heard of the recent case of a British man who had headaches, seizures and memory loss for four years, which later was found to be caused by S. erinaceieuropae. This parasite has been reported only 300 times worldwide in the last half century and had never been seen in the UK before that case.

Infection is acquired by drinking water containing infected crustaceans, by ingesting raw infected reptiles or frogs or by using a raw frog poultice to cure sore eyes. Spirometra infections are characterised by the appearance of large nodules below the skin and swelling of the muscles which control eye movement. Infection can also involve the brain and spinal cord. Diagnosis of infection is achieved by biopsy of the lesion, imaging and diagnostic methods.
    Let's see. 300 cases in 50 years on the entire planet of seven billion. I would't worry too much about it.

How do you get it by eating something?

Infection is acquired by drinking water containing infected crustaceans, by ingesting raw infected reptiles or frogs or by using a raw frog poultice to cure sore eyes.
    So quit eating your frogs and reptiles raw. Especially if they come from China. And don't put them in your eyes.

Last edited by Zippyjuan; 02-12-2016 at 01:23 PM.

Why You Should Consider Not Eating Pork

by Alanna Ketler

There are many religions that specifically forbid the consumption of pork. The meat is considered “unclean” and non-kosher. Is there a reason for this? Is there more to this religious teaching that we should all be aware of?

It seems as though the religions that condemn pork consumption are on to something, in fact there are many scientific claims to back this up.

Pigs are scavengers by nature, which means that they will eat almost anything, including rotten food, feces, urine, carcasses and even cancerous growths. Unfortunately the digestive system of a pig is incapable of effectively removing these accumulated toxins from the body because a pig will digest its food entirely in about 4 hours. This is simply not long enough to remove the excess toxins that were ingested, these toxins are then stored directly in the fat cells and organs of the pig itself.

“Sweating like a pig” yet? Ironically enough, that statement isn’t true -pigs do not have sweat glands which means they are unable to remove excess toxins by sweating (like we do). So naturally this means that pork meat would be a much more toxic meat than others and when you consume it you would be taking in those toxins as well. With our current environments, we really don’t need to expose our bodies to even more toxins if we don’t have to.

According to an investigation by Consumer Reports, 69% of all raw pork samples tested (of about 200 samples) were contaminated with a dangerous bacteria known as Yersinia enteroclitica. This bacteria can cause fever, gastrointestinal illness, diarrhea, vomiting and cramps.

http://www.collective-evolution.com/...ever-eat-pork/

There are about 1000 reported cases in the US of people with tapeworms. Out of 330 million. PANIC!!!!!!!

http://www.cdc.gov/parasites/taenias...info/faqs.html

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    There are about 1000 reported cases in the US of people with tapeworms. Out of 330 million. PANIC!!!!!!!

Those are the numbers reported.

Tapeworm-Associated Epilepsy on the Rise

It was the work of the lunar god, a “disease of the moon,” thought the Mesopotamians. The Romans attributed it to demonic possession. Priests and peasants in the Middle Ages considered the “falling sickness” a contagious evil.

Today our understanding of seizures and epilepsy rests not with lunar cycles or the supernatural, but with scientific insights into the developing brain and the pathologies of various diseases. We now know that there are over forty different disease processes that can cause the syndrome known as epilepsy, ranging from metabolic disorders to tumors, from trauma to congenital diseases.

The leading causative agent of acquired epilepsy in the world, however, is an infectious one, a possession not by a pernicious and paranormal presence but by a parasite: the pork tapeworm, Taenia solium.

http://blogs.discovermagazine.com/bo.../#.Vr49XOa_vIU

Let's see. 300 cases in 50 years on the entire planet of seven billion. I would't worry too much about it.

So quit eating your frogs and reptiles raw. Especially if they come from China. And don't put them in your eyes.

But I like putting them in my eyes.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Chester Copperpot

who are you and what have you done with the real Zippyjuan?

My mom said I had a worm once when I was a baby. She found it in my diaper. O_o
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

My mom said I had a worm once when I was a baby. She found it in my diaper. O_o
    That was probably a pinworm.

//
    Last edited by specsaregood; 05-21-2016 at 11:21 PM.

lmao

Quote Originally Posted by donnay View Post
    Those are the numbers reported.

Tapeworm-Associated Epilepsy on the Rise

It was the work of the lunar god, a “disease of the moon,” thought the Mesopotamians. The Romans attributed it to demonic possession. Priests and peasants in the Middle Ages considered the “falling sickness” a contagious evil.

Today our understanding of seizures and epilepsy rests not with lunar cycles or the supernatural, but with scientific insights into the developing brain and the pathologies of various diseases. We now know that there are over forty different disease processes that can cause the syndrome known as epilepsy, ranging from metabolic disorders to tumors, from trauma to congenital diseases.

The leading causative agent of acquired epilepsy in the world, however, is an infectious one, a possession not by a pernicious and paranormal presence but by a parasite: the pork tapeworm, Taenia solium.

http://blogs.discovermagazine.com/bo.../#.Vr49XOa_vIU
    That article repeats the 1000 cases a year figure.

In the United States, local transmission of the parasite is thankfully rare, largely due to stringent federal requirements for animal farming and processing, not to mention high standards of sanitation and the infrastructure necessary to implement those standards.

Chester Copperpot

That article repeats the 1000 cases a year figure.

In the United States, local transmission of the parasite is thankfully rare, largely due to stringent federal requirements for animal farming and processing, not to mention high standards of sanitation and the infrastructure necessary to implement those standards.
    Welcome back zippy.... are you more than one person?

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Quote Originally Posted by angelatc View Post
    Its all ok! Parasites are natural! With a microscope, you can even see them swimming around in raw milk - yummy!

Also known as organic fertilizer.
    Does anyone else smell that? It smells like Monsanto with a touch of desperation.
    "This here's Miss Bonnie Parker. I'm Clyde Barrow. We rob banks."

Why then, do you fail so poorly at making these correlations with vaccinations? Reported cases are voluntary, not all cases are reported or discoverable, and the numbers are minuscule.
    The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding one’s self in the ranks of the insane.” — Marcus Aurelius

They’re not buying it. CNN, you dumb bastards!” — President Trump 2020

Consilio et Animis de Oppresso Liber

You mean the very infrastructure designed to crank those having no desire to play into its technocracy, treating them as social outcasts?
    The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding one’s self in the ranks of the insane.” — Marcus Aurelius

They’re not buying it. CNN, you dumb bastards!” — President Trump 2020

Consilio et Animis de Oppresso Liber

Mmmm I eat my pork shishkibobs some times medium done. No worms of any kind yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowlesy View Post
    Americans in general are jedi masters of blaming every other person.

Quote Originally Posted by Sister Miriam Godwinson View Post
    We Must Dissent.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast