Thread: U.S. Sen. Rand Paul plans town hall meetings across Kentucky

U.S. Sen. Rand Paul plans town hall meetings across Kentucky

U.S. Sen. Rand Paul plans ‘town hall’ meetings across Kentucky

BY JACK BRAMMER
    FEBRUARY 11, 2016 11:19 AM

U.S. Sen. Rand Paul, fresh from exiting the race for president, will hold a series of “town hall” meetings across the state next week, including a breakfast in Lexington.

The format is not new to the Republican senator from Bowling Green. He has held several since he was elected to the U.S. Senate in 2010. They are free and open to the public.

“I get to hear directly from the constituents,” Paul said in a telephone interview Thursday. “They ask me questions. People will show up with a particular problem.”

He said the problems range from senior citizens’ needing help in getting Social Security benefits to businesses trying to start up in foreign countries.

Staff will be with him at most of the meetings to review and discuss federal issues.

Paul, who is seeking re-election this year and is being challenged by two other Republicans and seven Democrats, said “town halls” differ from campaign stops.

read more:
    http://www.kentucky.com/news/politic...e59754916.html
    Last edited by jct74; 02-11-2016 at 03:54 PM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Two Republicans are running against him in the primaries? Who are these guys??

Quote Originally Posted by misconstrued View Post
    Two Republicans are running against him in the primaries? Who are these guys??
    If an article doesn't mention his rivals by name, it means that they might as well not exist.

Why is town hall in scare quotes?

...authorial douchebaggery (hey, let's make something normal and innocuous sound odd and suspicious) or bad writing?

Quote Originally Posted by r3volution 3.0 View Post

...authorial douchebaggery (hey, let's make something normal and innocuous sound odd and suspicious) or bad writing?
    Authorial douchebaggery is a prerequisite for being a journalist, though most of them are also bad writers, but that tends to be incidental in light of the former.

Good catch, I've never seen the word town hall in quotes before. No surprise coming from the Herald Leader though, they are almost as bad as Courier Journal when it comes to having it out for Rand. You should have seen some of the crap both of them pulled during the 2010 senate campaign... it was just ridiculous. At one point Courier Journal links were banned from the site I believe, or people were highly discourage from posting them so as to not give them any traffic. Can't remember completely. Anyways, looks like these publications are back to their old tricks just as Rand's re-election is starting up.
    Last edited by jct74; 02-11-2016 at 03:57 PM.

Support Justin Amash for Congress
    Michigan Congressional District 3

Kentucky.com is the online version of the Lexington Hearld Leader (aka Pravda US). They fight with the Courier Journal on which rag is more raggedy. They are not now, nor ever will be, fair or kind to a Republican and Paul in particular is evil to them.
    Their polls are the ones that are the most jacked up. First with McConnell/Grimes and then with Bevin/Conway.
    In a word, they are awful.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by hells_unicorn View Post
    If an article doesn't mention his rivals by name, it means that they might as well not exist.
    I did an online search for them but could not find a campaign website for either. I know one is from Lexington and one is from Louisville. Both seem to be private sector.