Thread: can rand un suspend his campaign? or would he want to??

can rand un suspend his campaign? or would he want to??

with everyone dropping out now, can this happen? would rand be up for it? also, whats rands take on a delegate strategy? if he doesnt want the votes for a delegate race for HIMSELF (not leverage for someone else), then im voting for gary johnson so that maybe next election we can have a third party in the debates.

can anyone say for sure rands thoughts on this? i need to know.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Many staff members moved on. No money. No chance.

Maybe if the grassroots had a moneybomb that raised about 20 million dollars.

Its over. Rand ran against a media headwind from day 1. If he unsuspends, his problems are going to be the same but worse. None of the people getting out were his problem.

Why would he unsuspend his campaign? He'd look like a huge flip flop and risk losing his seat in the Senate.

When rand dropped out everyone praised him. Hes going to win 're-elecetion and become one of the most popular senators. There will be nobody else who profits more politically than Rand when Clinton wins the election.

i'll answer one thing for sure.

no he doesnt want to.

Seriously? Ask yourself this: how many candidates who suspended their campaign later un-suspended them? Very few, if any. No reason for Paul to be any different when he's already dropped out.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Of course he could. He made the ballot in all states. Should he? Absolutely not, there is no path to victory.

Rand didn't abandon us we abandoned him. He could, and he would if we stood with him. He left the race the same way he started. He suspended his campaigning for president to campaign for senate. The talking point was he was ignoring his constituency and not doing his job in the senate. That being said, if we stand for Rand, he will stand for us, but as of now at least in Iowa he didn't get anywhere close to the identified Rand supporters to vote for him.

Yes and no, respectively.

Can he? Yes. Would he want to? Probably not. But should he? Absolutely!

It's certainly feasible. Here's how it could possibly go down.
    Rand:
    "First, I would like to apologize to all of my supporters throughout the country who were let down by the suspension of my campaign for President. I ask that you please understand that I had a very good reason for taking this drastic step. I was forced to suspend my campaign because it had been infiltrated at the highest levels by two different rival candidates. The 1000 precinct captains that I was supposed to have, had been secretly organized for ted cruz instead, and the student voters had been mobilized for rubio behind my back. My victory in IA was stolen from me, by these underhanded tactics of dishonest candidates and a dishonest media that has attempted to suppress my candidacy. Did anyone really think that I would just give up fighting for Liberty so easily? The answer is not just no, but HELL NO! I have utilized the suspension of my campaign to fire the entire staff in every state. I hereby announce the resumption of my campaign for President of the United States. David Adams is my new campaign manager, and he is carefully vetting and hiring an entirely new campaign staff, which will be chosen only from the ranks of grassroots supporters of the previous campaigns of myself and my father. Tomorrow I will announce my full schedule of Nevada campaign appearances with Thomas Massie and Justin Amash, where I am poised for a top three finish that will propel me to victory in numerous super Tuesday states. Remember that I am the ONLY candidate who can beat either of the democrats in the general election. A vote for any other candidate is a vote to throw November's election to the democrats. It's time for me to come back and win!"
    Well, I can dream, can't I?
    I have an autographed copy of Revolution: A Manifesto for sale. Mint condition, inquire within. (I don't sign in often, so please allow plenty of time for a response)

k thanks guys. ill sadly vote for gary johnson then. if the vote for rand wont help rand, then ill go with gary. garys alright, but id rather it be rand. so maybe we should all focus on getting a 3rd party into the debates in 4 yrs.....

Quote Originally Posted by satchelmcqueen View Post
    k thanks guys. ill sadly vote for gary johnson then. if the vote for rand wont help rand, then ill go with gary. garys alright, but id rather it be rand. so maybe we should all focus on getting a 3rd party into the debates in 4 yrs.....
    I'm wondering if we can try to re make the liberty republican wing or create a freedom democrat wing in the dems and strengthen the libertarian party.

If something drastic happened and he saw a good opportunity, maybe.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Rand ran a poor campaign. Not he personally, as much as those he chose to run the campaign for him. Those "idealistic" pieces of crap have already flocked to Rubio. Rand is very immature, nothing like his father (whom I love). We won't see another Rand candidacy anytime in the future. We need to be looking for someone else to take Ron Paul's message over the goal line.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    No, no, no. We've tried to crack the "getting a liberty guy elected" problem three cycles in a row, and we need to retreat to figure out a better way to proceed. To use the Star Wars analogy once more, our Jedi needs to vanish, to work up a plan that will get us over the top in a future sequel.
    -----Peace & Freedom, John Clifton-----
    Blog: https://electclifton.wordpress.com/2...back-backlash/

$#@!. Ron Paul 2016 !!!!

Quote Originally Posted by satchelmcqueen View Post
    As a protest vote, I don't really see Gary Johnson - a compromise Libertarian Party candidate put forward as a strategy to gain more votes - as a particularly strong F U to the system.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul
    Perhaps the most important lesson from Obamacare is that while liberty is lost incrementally, it cannot be regained incrementally. The federal leviathan continues its steady growth; sometimes boldly and sometimes quietly. Obamacare is just the latest example, but make no mistake: the statists are winning. So advocates of liberty must reject incremental approaches and fight boldly for bedrock principles.
    The epitome of libertarian populism

Quote Originally Posted by Umad View Post
    There will be nobody else who profits more politically than Rand when Clinton wins the election.
    Hot tits you're right.

Quote Originally Posted by Dianne View Post
    Rand ran a poor campaign
    That, and was abandoned by every supposed "pro-liberty" organization in the US.

Quote Originally Posted by Feeding the Abscess View Post
    As a protest vote, I don't really see Gary Johnson - a compromise Libertarian Party candidate put forward as a strategy to gain more votes - as a particularly strong F U to the system.
    not a protest vote at all on my side. just trying to get the 3rd party more votes so that maybe next time it might matter.

"Suspending" is just done to keep the committee open in order to pay off campaign debt. For all intents and purposes, the campaign is over.

xxxxx
    Last edited by Voluntarist; 07-22-2018 at 03:13 PM.
    You have the right to remain silent. Anything you post to the internet can and will be used to humiliate you.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Perhaps if trump went off on a truly whack tirade and finally died from foot in mouth disease.... AND cruz was ruled ineligible in the same week?

'We endorse the idea of voluntarism; self-responsibility: Family, friends, and churches to solve problems, rather than saying that some monolithic government is going to make you take care of yourself and be a better person. It's a preposterous notion: It never worked, it never will. The government can't make you a better person; it can't make you follow good habits.' - Ron Paul 1988

Awareness is the Root of Liberation Revolution is Action upon Revelation

'Resistance and Disobedience in Economic Activity is the Most Moral Human Action Possible' - SEK3

Flectere si nequeo superos, Acheronta movebo.

...the familiar ritual of institutional self-absolution...
    ...for protecting them, by mock trial, from punishment...

If he were to, CPAC would be the best place to do so.

I personally would only recommend doing that if both Trump and Cruz stumbled and there was a vaccum to be filled. Otherwise, he will looked down on as an opportunist and a sore loser.

Trump and Cruz need to be brought down.

Unlikely - but never say never!

Quote Originally Posted by Erazer View Post
    "Suspending" is just done to keep the committee open in order to pay off campaign debt.
    Does Rand have any substantial campaign debt? He ran as the only fiscal conservative and seemed really frugal with the money raised, especially compared to the others. I thought his cautious campaign spending might be part of his pitch. Even his money bombs were usually held with a specific purpose in mind - i.e. a goal of $500,000 to cover TV advertising in specific area, for a stated period of time. He is Ron Paul's son after all.

While it would be pointless for him to un-suspend as long as the situation with other candidates remains unchanged, what about four or five months down the road?

I do hope he is ready to jump back in if some unforseen circumstance arises. Suppose somone else drops dead? or gets assassinated? What if Cruz is finally forced to admit he does not qualify as a natural-born citizen (Sorry, tri-citizenship at birth cannot be called "natural" even if one of the parents confers a form of American citizenship on the child.) What if Hillary is finally indicted? or Sanders has some scandal? What if some attack occurs and/or that leads to war and/or reinstating the draft? Including women? Public opinion can change drastically! What if it winds up being a brokered convention? Who knows what might happen over the next six months?