Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Banning Cash: Serfdom in Our Time

The war on cash … governments everywhere are cracking down on commerce that isn’t monitored or controlled…. the results of this war reveal its true purpose: tracking citizens and their taxable income. The war on cash is actually a war on commerce, or rather, on any commerce that can’t be monitored and controlled by the government. …
    https://mises.org/blog/war-cash-ancient
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing." - Dr. Ron Paul. "Stand up for what you believe in, even if you are standing alone." - Sophie Magdalena Scholl
    "War is the health of the State." - Randolph Bourne "Freedom is the answer. ... Now, what's the question?" - Ernie Hancock.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Revelation 13:17 King James Version (KJV)

17 And that no man might buy or sell, save he that had the mark, or the name of the beast, or the number of his name.

https://www.biblegateway.com/passage...17&version=KJV

Quote Originally Posted by Ronin Truth View Post
    Revelation 13:17 King James Version (KJV)

17 And that no man might buy or sell, save he that had the mark, or the name of the beast, or the number of his name.

https://www.biblegateway.com/passage...17&version=KJV
    18 Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast: for it is the number of a man; and his number is Six hundred threescore and six.

https://www.biblegateway.com/passage...18&version=KJV

I've seen an uptick in cash only businesses here.
    Genuine, willful, aggressive ignorance is the one sure way to tick me off. I wish I could say you were trolling. I know better, and it's just sad.

Quote Originally Posted by MelissaWV View Post
    I've seen an uptick in cash only businesses here.
    People maxing out their CCs?

Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    People maxing out their CCs?
    No, businesses (mostly restaurants) that only accept cash as payment. It's going well for them.
    Genuine, willful, aggressive ignorance is the one sure way to tick me off. I wish I could say you were trolling. I know better, and it's just sad.

8. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Passports make us serfs. The pale just got bigger for awhile and we forgot.

Serfsup.

Quote Originally Posted by BV2 View Post
    Passports make us serfs. The pale just got bigger for awhile and we forgot.

Serfsup.
    They also allow us to travel to the other serf states of the world.

Banning Cash is Banning Freedom.
    It is about power and control over you.
    When the elite can track every transaction you make.
    When the elite can cutoff your ability to trade or conduct business at their direction, they make a compliant and subservient populace.

"Let it not be said that we did nothing." - Dr. Ron Paul. "Stand up for what you believe in, even if you are standing alone." - Sophie Magdalena Scholl
    "War is the health of the State." - Randolph Bourne "Freedom is the answer. ... Now, what's the question?" - Ernie Hancock.

Quote Originally Posted by Ronin Truth View Post
    They also allow us to travel to the other serf states of the world.
    As long as you are just passing through? Want to work? Back to the pale with you, pleb. And you know it.

bump
    Based on the idea of natural rights, government secures those rights to the individual by strictly negative intervention, making justice costless and easy of access; and beyond that it does not go. The State, on the other hand, both in its genesis and by its primary intention, is purely anti-social. It is not based on the idea of natural rights, but on the idea that the individual has no rights except those that the State may provisionally grant him. It has always made justice costly and difficult of access, and has invariably held itself above justice and common morality whenever it could advantage itself by so doing.
    --Albert J. Nock

Cash will go away eventually, along with fiat currency.

What they could do is a complete total makeover of the Bill. Change its colors drastically and set a date and after said date declare all old currency wortheless.

17. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    It is being advocated openly now :

Rogoff likes the power that eliminating bills larger than $10 would give the government over the economy, including manipulating people's spending and saving habits. "Take cash away, however, or make the cost of hoarding high enough, and central banks would be free to drive rates as deep into negative territory as they needed in a severe recession." …

Peter Bofinger of the German Council of Economic Experts agrees. "Stand up for the abolition of cash, since coins and bills are obsolete andonly reduce the influence of central banks," he proposed last year.

Citigroup chief economist Willem Buiter … abolishing cash is a necessary step for giving governments the economic power they need to monitor and control economic activity. …

In a world without [cash], "You'd have no choice but to conform to the intermediaries' automated bureaucracy, giving them a lot of power, and a lot of data about the microtexture of your economic life," … "To eliminate cash is to say to hell with financial privacy," … "An end to cash would mean that every financial transaction is exposed to a third party." Cash is "printed freedom," …

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234