Thread: Good Books: Red Rising Series

Good Books: Red Rising Series

I could not find a "What Are You Reading" thread, so I posted here...

Reading the final installment in the "Red Rising" trilogy by Pierce Brown.

Story of an enforced caste society where a member of the lowest caste - the Reds - is surgically altered to become a member of the highest caste - the Golds - in an attempt to destroy the fascist society that grips the entire Solar system.

Red Rising - Book 1
    Golden Son - Book 2
    Morning Star - Book 3

An astonishingly good read. Highly recommended for anyone into contemporary science fiction.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Posted this too late last night for people to see.

//
    Last edited by specsaregood; 05-21-2016 at 11:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    I'd give it a try; but I've been using my kindle near exclusively lately and how on earth is the kindle version cost more money than a freaking paperback version? I refuse to pay more for a digital version.
    I've made it a habit of listening to audiobooks while working. I have an Audible subscription, like $8.9- something a month for 1 credit a month, and a book is one credit. So doing that the audiobook actually costs less than the text.

//
    Last edited by specsaregood; 05-21-2016 at 11:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    yeah, I can't listen to books as I can't pay attention that way; but I've been taking advantage of the kindle unlimited thing which is similar. Still, can't fathom how you can pay less for a paper copy of the book including shipping and get it for less money than the ebook version.
    LOL I totally agree with that. Prior to my audiobook addiction I got tons and tons of e-books, and it always bothered me that the e-book cost more than the paper book. Still, the Red Rising series is astonishingly good. I highly recommend it.

Thanks Gunny. Was looking for a new one and this seems to fit the bill. I just finished "The Company of the Dead."

Can one man save the Titanic?

March 1912. A mysterious man appears aboard the Titanic on its doomed voyage. His mission? To save the ship.

The result? A world where the United States never entered World War I, thus launching the secret history of the 20th Century.

April 2012. Joseph Kennedy - grand-nephew of John F. Kennedy - lives in an America occupied in the East by Greater Germany and on the West Coast by Imperial Japan. He is one of six people who can restore history to its rightful order -- even though it may mean his own death.
    I enjoyed it.

http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/1...ny-of-the-dead