Thread: Defeating Drones: How To Build A Thermal Evasion Suit

Defeating Drones: How To Build A Thermal Evasion Suit

In one of the Bundy-Oregon-occupation threads Pete, pcosmar, had mentioned the need for some to bug out and not give off anymore of a heat signature than a rabbit.
    I had written a rather quick suggestion about including a thermal emergency blanket into one's bug out kit. My idea was to use a spray adhesive and throw some dirt on it, cover it over with snow, and crawl on out.

I was wrong. To certain extent. In a pinch it might work, for a little while. But...as I researched it, probably not.

My research lead to the OK site. They are in the process of marketing a thermal Ghillie suit. But, you don't have to buy from them. In this video they show how it is constructed if you are of the mind....

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Just a thought, as a compliment to the stealth suit, One could take a page out of the arial combat arena and use flares to help mask location. Red out the viewing monitor so to speak.
    Quote Originally Posted by BuddyRey View Post
    Do you think it's a coincidence that the most cherished standard of the Ron Paul campaign was a sign highlighting the word "love" inside the word "revolution"? A revolution not based on love is a revolution doomed to failure. So, at the risk of sounding corny, I just wanted to let you know that, wherever you stand on any of these hot-button issues, and even if we might have exchanged bitter words or harsh sentiments in the past, I love each and every one of you - no exceptions!

"When goods do not cross borders, soldiers will." Frederic Bastiat

Peace.

looks like I have a new sewing project

I'm thinking skirt and hooded cloak. Headed to Home Depot in a few days anyway.... seems some radiant barrier will need to come home

'We endorse the idea of voluntarism; self-responsibility: Family, friends, and churches to solve problems, rather than saying that some monolithic government is going to make you take care of yourself and be a better person. It's a preposterous notion: It never worked, it never will. The government can't make you a better person; it can't make you follow good habits.' - Ron Paul 1988

Awareness is the Root of Liberation Revolution is Action upon Revelation

'Resistance and Disobedience in Economic Activity is the Most Moral Human Action Possible' - SEK3

Flectere si nequeo superos, Acheronta movebo.

...the familiar ritual of institutional self-absolution...
    ...for protecting them, by mock trial, from punishment...

Quote Originally Posted by presence View Post
    looks like I have a new sewing project

I'm thinking skirt and hooded cloak. Headed to Home Depot in a few days anyway.... seems some radiant barrier will need to come home
    Chaps and hooded poncho.

Home depot rents FLIR. Not military grade but....http://www.flir.com/homedepot/

Seeing the spent brass being ejected was cool.
    Quote Originally Posted by BuddyRey View Post
    Do you think it's a coincidence that the most cherished standard of the Ron Paul campaign was a sign highlighting the word "love" inside the word "revolution"? A revolution not based on love is a revolution doomed to failure. So, at the risk of sounding corny, I just wanted to let you know that, wherever you stand on any of these hot-button issues, and even if we might have exchanged bitter words or harsh sentiments in the past, I love each and every one of you - no exceptions!

"When goods do not cross borders, soldiers will." Frederic Bastiat

Peace.

Neat. But how hot does it get inside the suit on a hot day?
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

Quote Originally Posted by jmdrake View Post
    Neat. But how hot does it get inside the suit on a hot day?
    It's gonna get hot. Not much way around that unless, perhaps, you are wearing a cooling suit in tandem. But then $#@! is really gonna get bulky especially with tac vests.

http://planetcostume.com/Kool-Vest-Mascot.html

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    It's gonna get hot. Not much way around that unless, perhaps, you are wearing a cooling suit in tandem. But then $#@! is really gonna get bulky especially with tac vests.

http://planetcostume.com/Kool-Vest-Mascot.html
    Nice! I supposed that since they have the reflective material going both ways that helps some because it would bounce outside head away from you. And this suit would be boss when it's cold. I wonder how much they'll ultimately sell it for? Yeah it can be made DIY but I'd want the pro version.
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by jmdrake View Post
    Nice! I supposed that since they have the reflective material going both ways that helps some because it would bounce outside head away from you. And this suit would be boss when it's cold. I wonder how much they'll ultimately sell it for? Yeah it can be made DIY but I'd want the pro version.
    Cloak is $650, pants are $250 and a cloak extension is $150

http://snakebitetactical.com/

Do they make a version that would work with an air conditioned golf cart?
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

Quote Originally Posted by TheTexan View Post
    Do they make a version that would work with an air conditioned golf cart?

Here is what they can see and do-- granted this is a helicopter in the vid. Good thread.

Quote Originally Posted by RJB View Post
    Here is what they can see and do-- granted this is a helicopter in the vid. Good thread.
    meh call of duty has better graphics

'We endorse the idea of voluntarism; self-responsibility: Family, friends, and churches to solve problems, rather than saying that some monolithic government is going to make you take care of yourself and be a better person. It's a preposterous notion: It never worked, it never will. The government can't make you a better person; it can't make you follow good habits.' - Ron Paul 1988

Awareness is the Root of Liberation Revolution is Action upon Revelation

'Resistance and Disobedience in Economic Activity is the Most Moral Human Action Possible' - SEK3

Flectere si nequeo superos, Acheronta movebo.

...the familiar ritual of institutional self-absolution...
    ...for protecting them, by mock trial, from punishment...

Quote Originally Posted by presence View Post
    meh call of duty has better graphics
    Yeah, but those were real people.

After looking at some different manufacturers/specs I'm leaning towards this fabric..

http://www.energyefficientsolutions....ier-Fabric.asp

RB Fabric:
    Energy Efficient Solutions now offers RB Fabric™, a heat reflecting fabric. In fact RB Fabric™ reflects over 90% of the radiant heat. This material is commonly used in insulating clothing and reflective curtains. It is flexible yet strong enough to hold up to stitching and sewing. Other common uses include: Coats, Blankets, Comforters, Draperies, Pizza Bags, Car and Boat Covers, and Window Dressings.
    RB Fabric™ is made with a spun bond process to create a non-woven polypropelene fabric that is both light weight and flexible.

Specifications:
    Weight: 17.3 lb/1000sf
    Fabric Width: 59"
    Nominal Thickness: 10.9 mil
    Tensile Strength: 47 lb/in.
    Water Vapor Permeability: 87.5 g/mē/24hr
    Emissivity: 0.08 (Reflects over 90%)
    Metalized on one side.
    Non-toxic/non-carcinogenic
    Last edited by phill4paul; 02-22-2016 at 08:39 PM.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by sparebulb View Post
    Lol. As I alluded to being incorrect about in the OP those blankies are not acceptable monster repellents.

Lol. As I alluded to being incorrect about in the OP those blankies are not acceptable monster repellents.
    Technically, the photo shows a character from Better Call Saul attempting to avoid electromagnetic radiation.

But I liked it anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by sparebulb View Post
    Technically, the photo shows a character from Better Call Saul attempting to avoid electromagnetic radiation.

But I liked it anyway.
    I recognized it. Good show. Damn, I missed it tonight, Grrrrrr.

I recognized it. Good show. Damn, I missed it tonight, Grrrrrr.
    I'm on Netflix.

It is running two weeks behind the original air date, from what I understand.

One more week.......

Or a garden hose and nozzle.