Thread: Ted Cruz's Closest Counselors Are Neocons

Ted Cruz's Closest Counselors Are Neocons

There’s a lot about Ted Cruz that should worry constitutionalists considering voting for the senator in the presidential election of 2016.

Recently, Infogram published brief but illuminating biographies of several of Cruz’s key foreign policy advisors. The information disclosed in these revelations could trouble many constitutionalists otherwise keen on the senator and who rely on him to restore the rule of law to the White House.

The first person highlighted in the article is the chairman of Cruz’s foreign policy team, Chad Sweet (shown).

Sweet’s professional and political background betrays Cruz’s claims of being someone who promises “not to continue going in the same direction” and to “bring power out of Washington, and back to we the people.”

Infogram’s biography of Chad Sweet includes the following associations, demonstrating that he is very much a step in the “same direction”:

With a diverse background, starting as Director of the CIA, Chad Sweet went into the world of big banks — from Investment Banker at Morgan Stanley to VP with Goldman Sachs. He would then work for the Department of Homeland Security in the Bush Administration. Currently he is the Co-Founder of Chertoff Group.

Sweet cofounded Chertoff Group with former Bush and Obama administration Secretary of Homeland Security Michael Chertoff. Hardly the pedigree of an outsider. In fact, his neocon bona fides could not be better.

As a leader of the Chertoff Group, Sweet “advocated for expanding NSA metadata collection.” Again, this belies Ted Cruz’s public position on the NSA’s unconstitutional surveillance of Americans.
    read the rest:
    http://www.thenewamerican.com/usnews...eocon-cfr-vips
    ================
    Open Borders: A Libertarian Reappraisal or why only dumbasses and cultural marxists are for it.

Cultural Marxism: The Corruption of America

The Property Basis of Rights

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing

Cruz is in bed with the Deep State, which automatically disqualifies him in my eyes.

Didn't Rands advisors work for Romney, Dole, and McCain?

Ted's wife has strong neo-con connections...doesn't surprise me.
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

Even if slimy snake oil salesman Rafael Eddy Cruz is not fully accepted yet.. he is certainly an eager applicant to the lowlife neocons toolbags club.

Ted Cruz attacks Obama for not fully funding NSA spying during shutdown

Rafael Ted Cruz: “Those who hate Israel hate America”

Rafael Cruz's Syria invasion stance:

“We know Assad has used these weapons, and there is good reason to suspect the al Qaida-affiliated rebels would use them as well if they could get their hands on them. This poses an intolerable threat not only to our friends in the region, but also to the United States. We need to be developing a clear, practical plan to go in, locate the weapons, secure or destroy them, and then get out. The United States should be firmly in the lead to make sure the job is done right.”- Rafael Cruz

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...83YwkLAp0#t=39

Who is Ted Cruz?

Says Iraq invasion was based on nobel reasons - check
    Called for US led invasion of Syria - check
    Supports sanctions against Iran - check
    Supports tax payers funded war with Iran - check
    Supports tax payers funded oppression/occupation abroad - check
    Opposed even tiny cut in NSA spying funding during "shutdown"- check
    Champions Christian Zionism/CUFI/John Hagee - check
    Salutes Iraq war sniper who wished he had killed even more Iraqis - check
    Says Canada makes better Maple Syrup than US - uncheck
    Can be used as a partisan "attack dog" against SWC droneking - check

"Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Ted Cruz's ideology is Ted Cruz.
    The enemy of my enemy may be worse than my enemy.

I do not suffer from Trump Rearrangement Syndrome. Sorry if that triggers you.

Quote Originally Posted by AuH20 View Post
    Cruz is in bed with the Deep State, which automatically disqualifies him in my eyes.
    But yet according to you, we should support the candidate who wants to bring back torture techniques that are worse than waterboarding, right?

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brett85 View Post
    But yet according to you, we should support the candidate who wants to bring back torture techniques that are worse than waterboarding, right?
    Trump is a populist demagogue, which means he probably don't mean everything he says. But the important thing is that Trump is his own man - he isn't owned by Sheldon Adelson and Goldman Sachs, like everyone else in this race. Even Rand Paul was courting Sheldon Adelson (did him no good). Trump said from the outset he doesn't need his money.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Trump is a populist demagogue, which means he probably don't mean everything he says. But the important thing is that Trump is his own man - he isn't owned by Sheldon Adelson and Goldman Sachs, like everyone else in this race. Even Rand Paul was courting Sheldon Adelson (did him no good). Trump said from the outset he doesn't need his money.
    Rand wasn't "courting" Sheldon Adelson. Rand didn't want Adelson spending millions attacking him because he was anti-Israel. There was no expectation of winning his support.

Your hero Trump, on the other hand, has met with Sheldon Adelson multiple times asking for money. http://www.reuters.com/article/us-us...0U10TA20151218 http://www.politico.com/story/2015/1...rothers-215540

Select a tag for more discussion on that topic