Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Justin Amash praises Ted Cruz, will talk to him RE: endorsement

I'm doing everything in my power not to start one of my rage-induced binges... how can any of you possibly support Cruz, have you all gone mad?

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by cajuncocoa View Post
    'Bout time this jackass got banned.
    I don't think he deserved to be banned but the obvious fact that he was a shill account for Ted Cruz was abundantly obvious.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sister Miriam Godwinson View Post
    We Must Dissent.

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spikender View Post
    I don't think he deserved to be banned but the obvious fact that he was a shill account for Ted Cruz was abundantly obvious.
    Nothing screams confidence in your principles more than dismissing oppositional viewpoints. Nothing oozes liberty more than censorship.

If Justin endorses Cruz, my world will turn upside down..... This would be game-changing.
    There are only two things we should fight for. One is the defense of our homes and the other is the Bill of Rights. War for any other reason is simply a racket.
    -Major General Smedley Butler, USMC,
    Two-Time Congressional Medal of Honor Winner
    Author of, War is a Racket!

It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours.
    - Diogenes of Sinope

Neither Justin, nor anybody else here should endorse Cruz. EVER. In the absence of our preferred candidate, our remaining interest in the GOP primary race comes down to the tactical consideration of what will most benefit the movement going forward. In that light, a race that comes down to Trump vs Cruz truly is immeasurably better than Trump vs Bush or Rubio etc, for reasons discussed in the forum ad nauseam (i.e., the 'outsiders' disrupting the establishment's kingmaker system). This is likely what Justin is thinking about.

That it took a blowhard character like Trump and shaaaaady character like Cruz to do this is a secondary matter. Anti-establishment voters have found a way to short circuit what was supposed to be a coronation of Jeb or Rubio type puppets. Instead of a Mr. Roboto Rubio, who will never deviate from the neocon programming, this development gives us a slippery, but more malleable guy who can be negotiated with. Good enough, for the interim. This opens up the process for a real liberty figure to get through in the future, one who embraces the outsider mantle while consistently delivering on our policies. So until then, take the win we can get. Don't endorse Cruz, but passively welcome the trend he represents.
    Last edited by Peace&Freedom; 02-09-2016 at 02:57 PM.
    -----Peace & Freedom, John Clifton-----
    Blog: https://electclifton.wordpress.com/2...back-backlash/

'Bout time this jackass got banned.
    Now how long before his twin puppet get's banned?

Justin is a pretty good rep, but only 35.

Kinda fun to see who puts chips in with Ted Cruz.

Following Politricksters moves always interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Kotin View Post
    That's bull$#@! and you know it.
    Are you joking? Hell, Rand Paul was accused of being a neocon and he didn't endorse Cruz. For the record, if Amash endorses Cruz, that' seals the deal for me. I'm in. No money, but a vote.

Justin is generally on the right side of things, but I disagreed with him when he voted for Paul Ryan. Massie had the guts to vote against Ryan. It may not be the biggest thing in the world but it meant a lot to me. Yes, Cruz did help Amash when he was being challenged but that doesn't change anything. Cruz has always tried to swallow up the liberty movement into his fold. But I'm not buying that we are the ones he will be loyal to.

Fortunately Rand should still be on the ballot.
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

Quote Originally Posted by Spikender View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Kade View Post
    Nothing screams confidence in your principles more than dismissing oppositional viewpoints. Nothing oozes liberty more than censorship.
    I see what you're saying. I guess I'm not ready to see kids pimping for other candidates here just yet, and I found him annoying.

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I see what you're saying. I guess I'm not ready to see kids pimping for other candidates here just yet, and I found him annoying.
    Not a kid, but what about Vermin Supreme? Thomas Massie seems to be joining the zombie powered revolution...maybe?

Quote Originally Posted by wmmonk View Post
    Not a kid, but what about Vermin Supreme? Thomas Massie seems to be joining the zombie powered revolution...maybe?
    I'm staying home on election day. I don't even think there will be anyone worth voting for in a local election.

This is ridiculous. One more reason to move on from electoral politics. Cruz talks about carpet bombing and "making sand glow" with his foreign bombing. Ron endorsed him before he became quite so insane. I've supported Amash in the past but if he endorses Cruz he's essentially dead to me.
    Did Amash learn nothing from Rand's campaign? Stop trying to befriend neocon politicians, voters aren't impressed by "agreeableness". Instead of talking about "making sand glow" how about drawing a line in the sand and freaking sticking to it, especially when it comes to foreign military adventurism. Pretty sure that consistent "bring the troops home" was a big part of Ron's success. Don't piss this down your leg Amash, please.

Why hasn't Amash co-sponsored HR 4108? Stopping all funding & arming of "rebels" in Syria?

Massie signed on.

Is he a foreign policy fraud ?

http://atimes.com/2016/02/no-sleepin...xies-in-syria/

Quote Originally Posted by vita3 View Post
    Why hasn't Amash co-sponsored HR 4108? Stopping all funding & arming of "rebels" in Syria?

Massie signed on.

Is he a foreign policy fraud ?

http://atimes.com/2016/02/no-sleepin...xies-in-syria/
    Anyone who has followed Amash's career is fully aware he isn't a fraud.

"Anyone who has followed Amash's career is fully aware he isn't a fraud. "

Great.

let's get his fans to focus him on this issue & be a leader in stopping ME & now Europe DESTRUCTION.

If Justin endorses Cruz after super Tuesday and it's pretty clear he's going to win, I wouldn't hold it against him. But I will be suspicious if he does it before then. Maybe he's trying to galvanize hardcore conservative support to ward off a primary opponent? :/

I think he's earned the benefit of the doubt though.
    Support Justin Amash for Congress
    Michigan Congressional District 3

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by EBounding View Post
    If Justin endorses Cruz after super Tuesday and it's pretty clear he's going to win, I wouldn't hold it against him. But I will be suspicious if he does it before then. Maybe he's trying to galvanize hardcore conservative support to ward off a primary opponent? :/

I think he's earned the benefit of the doubt though.
    Amash's endorsement would be valuable for the March 8 Michigan primary.

I'm staying home on election day. I don't even think there will be anyone worth voting for in a local election.
    Is it too late to get on the ballot yourself, or get another Ron / Rand supporter to run?
    I have an autographed copy of Revolution: A Manifesto for sale. Mint condition, inquire within. (I don't sign in often, so please allow plenty of time for a response)

If Amash endorses Cruz the nominee, fine. Rand will too. Obligatory (and meaningless) show of party loyalty.

But if he endorses him while the race is still ongoing? Or actually campaigns for him?

...I'd have to reevaluate my support for Amash.

It should be noted that Justin Amash, Ron Paul, and Rand Paul all were quick to endorse Cruz in the Texas Senate Primary. Personally I think it sounds like Cruz made a promise to vote against NDAA or maybe other things in return for the endorsement. Justin may be looking to do something similar again although I think there isn't enough of a reward for Cruz to cut a deal again imo. Of course it could also simply just be a case of Justin angling for a similar endorsement in-kind if some establishment republican tries to primary him again. Again, this is all my speculation....

Quote Originally Posted by lakerssuck92 View Post
    It should be noted that Justin Amash, Ron Paul, and Rand Paul all were quick to endorse Cruz in the Texas Senate Primary.
    That was before it became apparent that Cruz was a snake.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Select a tag for more discussion on that topic