Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Rand pulled out too early

Rand pulled out too early

he should have stayed at least thru mid-March, if not to win then to educate. he has no race yet in Kentucky, and national attention is needed on some issues.

One example is draft registration, which Rubio, Christie, and Bush all support (Bush 41 did not in 1980, when male registration was an issue, neither did St. Reagan)

now is the perfect time to abolish this for men and women.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    He didn't make the next debate and chances are he wouldn't make any of the rest, either. So, any national attention was not going to be much of anything.
    ================
    Open Borders: A Libertarian Reappraisal or why only dumbasses and cultural marxists are for it.

Cultural Marxism: The Corruption of America

The Property Basis of Rights

Quote Originally Posted by LibertyEagle View Post
    He didn't make the next debate and chances are he wouldn't make any of the rest, either. So, any national attention was not going to be much of anything.
    true enough, but what about the appearances on Hannity and Kelley shows, on CNN and MSNBC? these are now lost

Quote Originally Posted by cindy25 View Post
    he should have stayed at least thru mid-March, if not to win then to educate. he has no race yet in Kentucky, and national attention is needed on some issues.

One example is draft registration, which Rubio, Christie, and Bush all support (Bush 41 did not in 1980, when male registration was an issue, neither did St. Reagan)

now is the perfect time to abolish this for men and women.
    I have an idea that may just propel him to the top...I will put the plan in order and post....he has suspended the campaign so far
    "Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women; when it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it; no constitution, no law, no court can even do much to help it."
    James Madison

"It does not take a majority to prevail ... but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men." - Samuel Adams

Μολὼν λάβε
    Dum Spiro, Pugno
    Tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito

Pity yo' daddy di'n't.
    In New Zealand:
    The Coastguard is a Charity
    Air Traffic Control is a private company run on user fees
    The DMV is a private non-profit
    Rescue helicopters and ambulances are operated by charities and are plastered with corporate logos
    The agriculture industry has zero subsidies
    5% of the national vote, gets you 5 seats in Parliament
    A tax return has 4 fields
    Business licenses aren't a thing
    Prostitution is legal
    We have a constitutional right to refuse any type of medical care

Quote Originally Posted by LibertyEagle View Post
    How do we know that? He pulled out before the debate list was made. And considering he finished in Iowa ahead of Christie, Kasich and Jeb he could have raised hell over why they were allowed to debate and he wasn't. Besides, both he and Trump got more coverage by skipping a debate and doing their own events.

The irony is that while Rand got less votes than his dad, we are closer to the ephemeral "brokered convention" that we were hoping for in 2008 and 2012. A brokered conventions is almost a surety at this point. Trump is going to hold steady at 30%. Cruz will hold steady at 30%. The rest of the field continue to fight with Rubio for the establishment vote.
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

Maybe he was afraid that bitch America would abort the liberty baby.
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

'We endorse the idea of voluntarism; self-responsibility: Family, friends, and churches to solve problems, rather than saying that some monolithic government is going to make you take care of yourself and be a better person. It's a preposterous notion: It never worked, it never will. The government can't make you a better person; it can't make you follow good habits.' - Ron Paul 1988

Awareness is the Root of Liberation Revolution is Action upon Revelation

'Resistance and Disobedience in Economic Activity is the Most Moral Human Action Possible' - SEK3

Flectere si nequeo superos, Acheronta movebo.

...the familiar ritual of institutional self-absolution...
    ...for protecting them, by mock trial, from punishment...

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Phrasing
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

The viability of the whole campaign hinged on getting a top finish in IOWA, not on continuing to get in the debates. When IA went bust for him, and he was not qualifying for the next debate, there was no reasonable pathway left for winning. Rand appeared to think that all those cable news interviews and debate appearances were a substitute for building up an actual winning coalition within the GOP rank and file.

The campaign never seriously went after attracting religious conservatives, populists, the anti-establishment vote, and at least some fraction of the older Republicans who actually vote. He (and we) concentrated on doubling down with only depending on a mystery youth electorate who were historically known to not show up at crunch time---who again reliably, at crunch time this year, did not show up. Rand wisely pulled the plug at the right time, as the liberty movement (like Luke Skywalker) needs to vanish at this time, to figure out a better plan to beat the statist Sith Lords.
    -----Peace & Freedom, John Clifton-----
    Blog: https://electclifton.wordpress.com/2...back-backlash/

Quote Originally Posted by puppetmaster View Post
    I have an idea that may just propel him to the top...I will put the plan in order and post....he has suspended the campaign so far
    We'll be looking forward to your post!

The small chance of him being in a debate wouldn't have been worth it. Remember, there are people working for him who need to find new jobs if the campaign isn't going anywhere--it wouldn't be right to string them along. It also wouldn't be right to string his solid supporters along.

I was surprised that Rand announced so soon, but I trust what he did was for the best.
    Support Justin Amash for Congress
    Michigan Congressional District 3

Quote Originally Posted by idiom View Post
    Pity yo' daddy di'n't.
    Good deal!! Thought I was the only one who saw something dirty in that title.

People keep saying Rand didn't qualify for the next debate. But I haven't seen any evidence of that. How does the 5th place finisher not qualify for the debate but the 6th, 7th and 8th place finishers qualify? (Jeb, Christie, Kasich)
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

Quote Originally Posted by puppetmaster View Post
    The current tone around here has my sarcasm meter borked. I honestly cant tell if this is a serious post.

Quote Originally Posted by jmdrake View Post
    People keep saying Rand didn't qualify for the next debate. But I haven't seen any evidence of that. How does the 5th place finisher not qualify for the debate but the 6th, 7th and 8th place finishers qualify? (Jeb, Christie, Kasich)
    Because they only accept the top 3 from Iowa, and the rest are based on NH and national polling averages.

Yes they are prioritizing polls over primary voting results. Carly didn't make the cut, and is arguing everyone who won at least 1 delegate deserves to be included, but they haven't changed their minds to my knowledge.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by EBounding View Post
    The small chance of him being in a debate wouldn't have been worth it. Remember, there are people working for him who need to find new jobs if the campaign isn't going anywhere--it wouldn't be right to string them along. It also wouldn't be right to string his solid supporters along.

I was surprised that Rand announced so soon, but I trust what he did was for the best.
    Agree.

And if Rand stayed in longer, there would inevitably be the complaints that "Rand stayed in too long" and "he just stayed in so that Rand Inc. could rip us off!"
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by idiom View Post
    Pity yo' daddy di'n't.
    LOL The inuendo of politi-speak is hilarious.

@7:40
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

Just posting to keep a thread with a title like this at the top.

Better than pulling out too late.

Agree.

And if Rand stayed in longer, there would inevitably be the complaints that "Rand stayed in too long" and "he just stayed in so that Rand Inc. could rip us off!"
    Probably by the same people too.

Epic thread title is epic

I would have liked to have seen Rand stay in another week to spread the message as long as it was not going to be a half ass effort. Otherwise people may view it as just keeping people on payroll or similar to what Brian said above.

If Rand was streaming his events live on Youtube I would have preferred Rand stayed in the race another week since I believe it would be far more effective in getting his message out. People are more likely to have access to Youtube than Periscope's expiring links and they would continue to be viewed longer after the events.

I think the campaign gave Twitter's Periscope too much credit which I personally saw as a disaster that continued unabated with each event. They could not even pull it off at Twitter's headquarters. Periscope is a joke and using them only helped spread Periscope's brand.
    * See my visitor message area for caveats related to my posting history here.
    * Also, I have effectively retired from all social media including posting here and are basically opting out of anything to do with national politics or this country on federal or state level and rather focusing locally. I may stop by from time to time to discuss philosophy on a general level related to Libertarian schools of thought and application in the real world.

Quote Originally Posted by kahless View Post
    I would have liked to have seen Rand stay in another week to spread the message as long as it was not going to be a half ass effort. Otherwise people may view it as just keeping people on payroll or similar to what Brian said above.

If Rand was streaming his events live on Youtube I would have preferred Rand stayed in the race another week since I believe it would be far more effective in getting his message out. People are more likely to have access to Youtube than Periscope's expiring links and they would continue to be viewed longer after the events.

I think the campaign gave Twitter's Periscope too much credit which I personally saw as a disaster that continued unabated with each event. They could not even pull it off at Twitter's headquarters. Periscope is a joke and using them only helped spread Periscope's brand.

What I hate is the vacuum. The liberty movement needs leaders. Presidential candidates are a good way of getting that type of leadership. I almost wish Amash would jump in today, not because he has a chance in hell, but because we need people making these arguments directly.

I totally get that Rand didn't want to waste people's money, and wanted to be seen being Kentucky's guy. That is very important too. But if he is going to withdraw, withdraw and burn them all down on the way out. Maybe THAT isn't his style, and maybe that was partially his problem.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Those who are saying his finish ahead of Bush/Kasich/Christie could help him argue for his inclusion in the next debate should keep in mind that Fiorina is essentially trying to make the same argument and ABC didn't budge for her.

"People" here, is just one person, who is clearly wrong.

The requirements were top 3 finish in Iowa, top 5 in NH polls, or top whatever it was nationally, 5 or 6, I don't remember.

That wasn't their criteria. Certain polls were. You know how this works, Drake. It's what they use to cut people out that they don't want on the stage. Did it to Fiorini too.
    ================
    Open Borders: A Libertarian Reappraisal or why only dumbasses and cultural marxists are for it.

Quote Originally Posted by GunnyFreedom View Post
    "People" here, is just one person, who is clearly wrong.
    Okay. Show the proof that he did.
    ================

Did you not read the rules to the NH debate?

1) Place among the top three candidates ranked according to the popular vote in the Iowa Republican caucuses on Feb. 1, 2016. (OR)
    1. Ted Cruz
    2. Donald Trump
    3. Marco Rubio

4. Ben Carson
    5. Rand Paul

Those in bold qualified for the debate via the Iowa caucuses.
    2) Place among the top six candidates in an average of New Hampshire Republicanpresidential polls recognized by ABC News. To be included, polls must be conducted no earlier than Jan. 1, 2016, and must be released to the public before 5 p.m. ET on Feb. 4, 2016. Poll averages will not be rounded. (OR)

1. Donald Trump
    2. Marco Rubio
    3. John Kasich
    4. Ted Cruz
    5. Jeb Bush
    6. Chris Christie

7. Rand Paul
    8. Carly Fiorina
    9. Ben Carson

The ones in bold qualified via NH polling.
    3) Place among the top six candidates in an average of national Republican presidential polls recognized by ABC News. To be included, polls must be conducted no earlier than Jan. 1, 2016, and must be released to the public before 5 p.m. ET on Feb. 4, 2016. Poll averages will not be rounded.

1. Donald Trump
    2. Ted Cruz
    3. Marco Rubio
    4. Ben Carson
    5. Jeb Bush
    6. John Kasich

7. Rand Paul
    8. Carly Fiorina

Those in bold qualify via national polling.

Rand did not qualify.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast