Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Grass-Fed Meat vs Grain-Fed Meat: Real information, not Zippy's version.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    So if I eat brains I will get smarter?
    No, walnuts is better for you. It does look like a brain, you know.
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    You should try it.

Chester Copperpot

If you have a brain issue caused by lack of certain substances, then the answer is probably yes.

However youd become a lot smarter if you simply stopped being a paid blogger from the southern poverty law center.... then at least you could communicate openly and honestly with people instead of always trying to deceive people because you have to deliver some pre-determined anti-liberty message.

Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post
    Whole bunch of analyzing for a cow.......

Simply go out in the pasture, pick the one you want to eat and take it to the packing plant.

Even city dwellers can do this in under 4 hrs.

The idea of purchasing less than a 1/2 of a beef is something adopted by the consumer society, reject it.
    Do you recommend purchasing cows that are grass fed, or is your emphasis placed on purchasing whole/half cows regardless of their feed?
    tu ne cede malis

6. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chester Copperpot View Post
    There are over 950 isomers of Vitamin D and just like the carotenes the grassfed nature of the animal means a wide spectrum of various vitamin Ds will exist..
    So eat more plants?

Basically if one has a damaged organ they can repair it by eating that organ in an animal.. so people with thyroid issues can eat pork(or beef) thyroid, if you have liver issues eat liver, kidney issues eat kidney etc etc...
    The irony is most of those damaged organs probably got damaged from eating too many animal products!
    Last edited by farreri; 02-09-2016 at 12:35 PM.

Chester Copperpot

Quote Originally Posted by farreri View Post
    So eat more plants?

you could do that however for medicinal purposes a more concentrated animal source is probably better.. its one of those things that can depend on the person and timing... A hugely obese person would still find their ingested vitamin d getting soaked up by their fat tissue so once tissues are saturated with D they could just lose bodyfat..vegetables seem best for that.

The irony is most of those damaged organs probably got damaged from eating too many animal products!
    Sick animals and processed fake foods.. I dont put grassfed meats into the same category as conventional CAFO meats

So eat more plants?

An excessive protein intake can be harmful to your liver, brain and nervous system. When you eat protein, your body produces ammonia, a toxin that your liver makes harmless, according to Medline Plus. Eating too much protein over a long period of time can cause your liver to become overworked, allowing ammonia and other toxic substances to build up in your bloodstream. This can lead to hepatic encephalopathy, a condition marked by a decline in brain and nervous system function.
    http://healthyeating.sfgate.com/thre...take-6546.html

Like everything, some is good and even beneficial but that does not necessarily mean that more is even better. Don't over-do any one food.

Sick animals and processed fake foods.. I dont put grassfed meats into the same category as conventional CAFO meats
    But the diseases those holistic organ supplements you're talking about are purported to treat will heal on a whole foods plant based diet, so why slaughter more animals than necessary?

Chester Copperpot

But the diseases those holistic organ supplements you're talking about are purported to treat will heal on a whole foods plant based diet, so why slaughter more animals than necessary?
    one word - protomorphogens. Example.. when I realized I had a hypothyroid condition I immediately cut out certain bad foods, processed foods, started taking lugols iodine, real cod liver oil/high vitamin butter oil and was sure to eat alot of healthy cruciferous vegetables... over 6 months on a blood test my condition had improved and corrected to where the doctor was amazed (she wanted me to go on meds but I refused)....

now as good as that looked on the blood test and as good as the improvement was, when I started taking dessicated porcine thyroid (from grassfed pigs not CAFO) I was amazed at how my body started to reshape itself.. fat in certain areas quickly disappeared even though I was eating a surplus of calories and gaining weight. When I felt I had topped off my body's supply of thyroid protomorphogens I stopped taking the dessicated thyroid.. I took it for about a month.. that was it.. Another thing that happened was my lifelong sugar craving disappeared... low thyroid people cant store sugar properly so they crave sugar over anything else.. Just this fact by itself now means I can eat whatever I want.. pizza, taco bell etc.. and I still lose weight.. it might not be 4lbs a week but its consistent, lowering every day.

I still have a bottle here. its not cheap $58... but if I feel i need some in the future Ive got some.

this works for any organ. so if you have liver problems eat liver - kidney problems eat kidney - eye problems eat eyeballs of animals.. but dont eat it from sick animals fed $#@!ty garbage diets and injected with hormones, steroids and antibiotics.
    Last edited by Chester Copperpot; 02-11-2016 at 02:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post
    Whole bunch of analyzing for a cow.......

Simply go out in the pasture, pick the one you want to eat and take it to the packing plant.

Even city dwellers can do this in under 4 hrs.

The idea of purchasing less than a 1/2 of a beef is something adopted by the consumer society, reject it.
    This makes sense definitely will be pursuing this once Family & I move down south & purchase a freezer.

LoL at you guys for "debating" with a troll.

However youd become a lot smarter if you simply stopped being a paid blogger from the southern poverty law center.... then at least you could communicate openly and honestly with people instead of always trying to deceive people because you have to deliver some pre-determined anti-liberty message.

ZippyJuan is Jewish. So are his anti-liberty buddies PRB, MaybeMaybeNot/O'Reich (sock puppet), TheCount, Sam I Am, and probably SquarePusher. I haven't been here lately, so there's probably a few more.

The reason they're on here is because various Jewish coalitions have always seen Ron Paul as a threat. The biggest threat is reducing Israeli funding.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    ...I believe that when the government is capable of doing a thing, it will.
    Quote Originally Posted by Influenza View Post
    which one of yall fuckers wrote the "ron paul" racist news letters
    Quote Originally Posted by Dforkus View Post
    Zippy's posts are a great contribution.

Disrupt, Deny, Deflate. Read the RPF trolls' playbook here (post #3): http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...eptive-members

Chester Copperpot

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCarolinaLiberty View Post
    ZippyJuan is Jewish. So are his anti-liberty buddies PRB, MaybeMaybeNot/O'Reich (sock puppet), TheCount, Sam I Am, and probably SquarePusher. I haven't been here lately, so there's probably a few more.

The reason they're on here is because various Jewish coalitions have always seen Ron Paul as a threat. The biggest threat is reducing Israeli funding.
    ah that explains why PRB is a dick too...

15. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    So eat more plants?
    Try taking that thought process to the next logical level. After dining on just air, water, and sunshine, come back and let us know how healthy you feel.
    "This here's Miss Bonnie Parker. I'm Clyde Barrow. We rob banks."

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCarolinaLiberty View Post

LOL! Did you get tired hanging out with your friends at Democratic Underground?
    Last edited by Zippyjuan; 02-29-2016 at 11:36 AM.

You're sidestepping because you know the answer to my question helps prove my argument.
    So you have a rumen hidden somewhere in your body alongside your chlorophyll?

ah that explains why PRB is a dick too...
    Yes, that imbecile actually has prosecutors as friends. He said some people with whom he went to school now work in the DA's office. He said friends--as in plural of friend--so I am guessing that is at least two people.

He also claimed to own guns in one thread. Said he owns "handguns and shotguns." I pursued it and it was clear he did not know the first thing about guns.

Disrupt, Deny, Deflate. Read the RPF trolls' playbook here (post #3): http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...eptive-members

LOL! Did you get tired hanging out with your friends at Democratic Underground?
    No, that gig ended December 31. There are actually a few sharp people on there, but I never really learned much. One interesting thing I did learn however, is that the ushers at the Washington Nationals Baseball Park won't let fans get out of their seats during an inning. You have to wait until the end of the inning.

That means I would never even attend a game there. You're a Padres fan, aren't you Zip? So, would you attend a game at the Nationals Park? Would a bootlicker like you mind that type of policy?

Got kicked out, eh? As for our stadium- yeah, they have that rule too. But we have the best selection of micobrews (all locally made) of any ballpark. I only went to one game last year. Not a big baseball fan. It is pretty boring to me.
    Last edited by Zippyjuan; 02-29-2016 at 01:53 PM.

Chester Copperpot

Got kicked out, eh?
    Do you work for the jewish democratic national council?

Haven't you noticed all my posts about Jews? That's OK. I can't find them either.

24. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Chester Copperpot

Haven't you noticed all my posts about Jews? That's OK. I can't find them either.
    it has alot more to do with support for israels govt and likud party.

Do you report to greg directly?

I see. Can you provide any link to posts on them? Let me help you: http://www.ronpaulforums.com/search....rchid=17873748

Or making things up again? Greg who?
    Last edited by Zippyjuan; 02-29-2016 at 01:49 PM.

Zippy, the article in the OP clearly explained everything I've already said in other threads which your skull is apparently too thick to understand - the dietary guidelines for a high omega 3 intake are based on high omega 6 fat intake which is typical in the American diet and so the guideline makes sense only in context. If you eat a lot of grains and vegetable oils which have high omega 6, then you need a good source of omega 3 like fish oil or flax or something so that you can balance out the high omega 6.

If you eat a healthy diet low in inflammatory omega 6 fats, then you don't need a lot of omega 3 fats - the guideline doesn't apply because you are eating below average omega 6 and the importance of getting the omega 3 is to balance the ratio of the intake of these two fats.

Coconut oil is probably the healthiest fat out there and it doesn't have omega 3 or omega 6 fats, it has a lot of very healthy medium chain triglycerides though. Grass fed beef has a lot of very healthy fats that are actually better for you than PUFAs (omega 3 and omega 6), but the important thing is it has a very good balance of PUFAs compared to grain fed beef and other grain fed animals.
    Last edited by dannno; 02-29-2016 at 02:05 PM.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Coconut oil is the trendiest oil. "Healthiest" is still up for debate. Like everything, it has good and bad properties. And like everything, best in moderation. It once was extra virgin olive oil and canola oil and peanut oil. Always something else coming along as the newest "healthiest" oil. Margarine was once the healthiest oil (butter alternative) too.

Bottom line: While coconut oil didn’t deserve its bad reputation, it also doesn’t deserve its new stardom as a health food. Don’t buy the hype that it will keep you healthy and slim or that it can treat or prevent chronic diseases. It’s fine to cook with it if you like it, especially as a replacement for butter or lard, though we recommend olive, canola, and other nontropical oils for regular use. It’s also okay to buy foods that contain coconut oil, but don’t think that makes them healthy choices. Many are high-calorie snack foods like candies.
    http://www.berkeleywellness.com/heal...its-cracked-be

Quote Originally Posted by Isaac Bickerstaff View Post
    Try taking that thought process to the next logical level. After dining on just air, water, and sunshine, come back and let us know how healthy you feel.

I eat 100% raw, which is mostly plants. If I eat meat, then it's raw. We sometimes buy our neighbor's cows. I can see them out my window. I can walk up to the fence and observe them because his property is next to ours. They eat mostly all grass and they look healthy. I eat the beef raw, but only in small portions. We feed our dog completely raw, and he is almost 19 years old.

By the way, your signature line is a little inaccurate. It was Faye Dunaway (Bonnie Parker) and not Warren Beatty who said, "We rob banks." Did you also know they Miss Dunaway's foot was tied to the break pedal in the final scene? That was to keep her from completely falling out of the car.

Got kicked out, eh? As for our stadium- yeah, they have that rule too.
    No, I actually never went to the Washington Nationals Park. The person who discussed that policy probably did not get out of his seat. But San Diego too, huh? Wow, that is two ballparks now. Something else.

You don't have to post about Jews to be Jewish. In fact, it would not even be relevant to most of the topics here. I know you, PRB, Sam I Am, and probably SquarePusher are Jewish. Not sure why you don't just acknowledge it.

Coconut oil is the trendiest oil. "Healthiest" is still up for debate. Like everything, it has good and bad properties. And like everything, best in moderation. It once was extra virgin olive oil and canola oil and peanut oil. Always something else coming along as the newest "healthiest" oil. Margarine was once the healthiest oil (butter alternative) too.

http://www.berkeleywellness.com/heal...its-cracked-be

Those people are behind the times with the science, zip..

They are assuming that because it has saturated fat that it must be bad. For this reason, they are saying canola oil is good, which is definitely not true (very high omega 6 content which causes inflammation). It's like the website was made back in the 90s or something.. Saturated fat can be good or bad. In the case of coconut oil, it is very good.

As far as raising the LDL, we would need to see more science and do more longterm testing before making claims that it has any negative effects. For example, the website did not indicate whether the study participants increased or decreased their blood triglycerides. Lower blood triglyceride levels with slightly higher LDL levels can actually be better than slightly lower LDL levels and higher blood triglyceride levels. I don't think the study lasted long enough to show the longterm effects of adding coconut oil to the diet.

LDL and HDL numbers, on their own, don't necessarily hold a lot of meaning. Besides looking at blood triglycerides, there are other tests that need to be performed to see where one stands - but ultimately a non-inflammatory diet will be the best bet to protect against heart disease.

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/how-t...-test-results/
    Last edited by dannno; 02-29-2016 at 03:08 PM.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Chester Copperpot

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    Those people are behind the times with the science, zip..

They are assuming that because it has saturated fat that it must be bad. For this reason, they are saying canola oil is good, which is definitely not true (very high omega 6 content which causes inflammation). It's like the website was made back in the 90s or something.. Saturated fat can be good or bad. In the case of coconut oil, it is very good.

As far as raising the LDL, we would need to see more science and do more longterm testing before making claims that it has any negative effects. For example, the website did not indicate whether the study participants increased or decreased their blood triglycerides. Lower blood triglyceride levels with slightly higher LDL levels can actually be better than slightly lower LDL levels and higher blood triglyceride levels.

LDL and HDL numbers, on their own, don't necessarily hold a lot of meaning. There are other tests that need to be performed to see where one stands - but ultimately a non-inflammatory diet will be the best bet to protect against heart disease.

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/how-t...-test-results/
    I think the common denominator of whats healthy/unhealthy isnt even SFA/PUFA but natural/artificial. most PUFA are artificial and highly processed.. i dont eat them as a rule.. but I dont want hydrogenated SFA either. I view cod liver oil as a healthy PUFA but Ive also had good results with grass-fed beef tallow and I keep ev palm oil on hand for when i want vitamin e. I have no problem with grassfed cream, butter or cheese either.

If I could stomach the taste of coconut oil i would eat it, but its rough.

33. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    //
    Last edited by specsaregood; 05-21-2016 at 11:19 PM.

Chester Copperpot

Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    DW has a similar stomach/nose and is fine with this stuff:
    http://www.wildernessfamilynaturals....oconut-oil.php

She can't tell when I've used it for cooking/baking. It is essentially flavorless and free of any coconut smells.
    Im a little suspicious of any coconut oil thats descented. One thing that Zippy said correctly is that Coconut oil is the trendiest oil right now - i agree.. Theres like 7 different types of coconut oil.. The only natural way Ive found is to make a smoothies out of it with frozen fruit and as the coconut oil freezes its scent disappears.

anytime things become popular or trendy is when you have to watch out for it.. meanwhile Im very happy with the taste of beef tallow.. i can eat it off the spoon and it tastes like mac and cheese to me. and i basically just use it instead of butter in a frying pan and so far so good. ive lost 9 lbs since the beginning of the year using beef tallow and making one other change even though ive been eating tons of bad food: pizza, ice cream, taco bell... i just finished up a pint of haaagen-dazs chocolate.. 910 calories.. opened it last night and finished it this afternoon. just snacking.. and yet i have no worry that i will continue to lose weight.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast