Thread: Will the blimp say Ron Paul for President?

Will the blimp say Ron Paul for President?

I know this is probably to late, but what happens if people see the blimp but don't connect it with the Presidential race??

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Ron Paul needs to get up in the polls and at this point polls are mainly about name recognition, otherwise why would the Ghoul be so high? Now that people are researching the candidates - the fruntrunners are starting to tank.

No it won't say "for president" which is a good thing. People who see it will be more curious if they don't immediately understand it's a political ad. Maybe they'll go home and google Ron Paul just to find out what the heck it's all about and BINGO.

Quote Originally Posted by querty View Post
    No it won't say "for president" which is a good thing. People who see it will be more curious if they don't immediately understand it's a political ad. Maybe they'll go home and google Ron Paul just to find out what the heck it's all about and BINGO.
    agree 100%... people will be more curious if they see this random name flying in the air... they will remember it and actually google it

if some people are like me and have a pocket pc phone, they can google ron paul on the spot

While I believe the blimp is a good idea, I think many people will think it's an ad for a local politician, car dealer, restaurant, etc. and ignore it.

Quote Originally Posted by Liberty View Post
    While I believe the blimp is a good idea, I think many people will think it's an ad for a local politician, car dealer, restaurant, etc. and ignore it.
    Not with legions of us supporters following closely behind it on the ground wherever it goes

Quote Originally Posted by robertwerden View Post
    I know this is probably to late, but what happens if people see the blimp but don't connect it with the Presidential race??
    If the blimp is not advertising for a presidential campaign, the FEC has no domain over it. This blimp might be advertising for Ron Paul Salon (http://www.ronpaulsalon.com/) or it might be advertising for Ron Paul, president of Technomic (http://www.technomic.com/about/associates.html), or it might be advertising for some other Ron Paul.

I suspect this was by design. Scam on, you brilliant bastards!

I still think "Who Is Ron Paul?" was a bad choice. We're above that now.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by FireofLiberty View Post
    I still think "Who Is Ron Paul?" was a bad choice. We're above that now.
    It can't say president for potential legal issues.....this has been discussed so much if you want to see the discussion please lookup the old posts, it IS DONE NOW.
    No one reads signatures.

I think its best it does not ref the campaign

Obviously the competition will complain to the FEC. Ron Paul is being advertised not in the presidential campaign, but the man himself. Its no different than the networks posting Ghouls 50 times a day giving him name recognition. If the networks are not violating law by excluding candidates this blimp can be in no violation included his name only. This is not influencing an election, its advertising a name which is why I suspect its being done. Of course the complaints will come. However, it is probably against many constitutional laws. There is no inaliable right for the media to advertise 50,000-1 McCains name by giving him time and not another medium such as the blimp letting 50,000 see a name. The networks are private property and so is the blimp. It will be contested and be interesting to see if they covered the bases. I believe if it does not reference the presidential run its ok. Maybe the FEDs will impound it, lol.

Um, I didn't suggest that it should say "President" anywhere, I simply said the choice was a bad one. Something else could have been used that doesn't use the word "President." I thought the "Ron Paul Revolution" design was good, it makes people go "who the hell is Ron Paul and what is the Ron Paul revolution," conveys the campaign message way better, is more buzz worthy and will result in more questions asked, and is better suited for the revolutionary spirit of the Tea Party and the "live free or die" attitude of New Hampshire. And best of all, it does all of this without belittling Ron Paul or the campaign by broadcasting in big letters, on the side of the blimp, that Ron Paul is still unknown by so many. It makes Ron Paul, true or not, even at this stage, seem like a longshot, an unknown, even a nobody.

And my point was and is that he's better than that and we're above that now.

Um, I didn't suggest that it should say "President" anywhere, I simply said the choice was a bad one. Something else could have been used that doesn't use the word "President." I thought the "Ron Paul Revolution" design was good, it makes people go "who the hell is Ron Paul and what is the Ron Paul revolution," conveys the campaign message way better, is more buzz worthy and will result in more questions asked, and is better suited for the revolutionary spirit of the Tea Party and the "live free or die" attitude of New Hampshire. And best of all, it does all of this without belittling Ron Paul or the campaign by broadcasting in big letters, on the side of the blimp, that Ron Paul is still unknown by so many. It makes Ron Paul, true or not, even at this stage, seem like a longshot, an unknown, even a nobody.

rEVOLution is on the other side, so it will be fine. "Who Is..." is a fun Ayn Rand reference that Ron and others will surely appreciate, and even non-Rand fans can get intrigued by the question. Well gee, I don't know. I guess I should look him up!

ok got it, on the plus side it will be a banner now and could get changed more easily than a decal if we raise enough funds
    No one reads signatures.

Quote Originally Posted by steph3n View Post
    ok got it, on the plus side it will be a banner now and could get changed more easily than a decal if we raise enough funds
    Yeah, it's still good, I just don't think it was the best choice.

Quote Originally Posted by kylejack View Post
    rEVOLution is on the other side, so it will be fine. "Who Is..." is a fun Ayn Rand reference that Ron and others will surely appreciate, and even non-Rand fans can get intrigued by the question. Well gee, I don't know. I guess I should look him up!
    Yeah, I'm a big Rand fan, "Atlas Shrugged" has probably influenced me more than any other book and get the reference ("Who is Juan Galt?"). The line has been used for quite awhile and for awhile worked while also being appropriate given the state of the revolution at the time. I just think we're above it now and should start acting like it.