Thread: One of Rand's Iowa outreach volunteers is in dire need of help

One of Rand's Iowa outreach volunteers is in dire need of help

I can vouch for him, he spent months in Iowa trying to help Rand win, and now is stuck in a predicament.

Scroll down on the page to read his story.

http://gogetfunding.com/demetris-eviction-evasion/
    "We have nothing to fear except our own unwillingness to defend what is naturally ours, our God-given rights. We have nothing to fear that should cause us to forget or relinquish our rights as free men and women. To thrive, we must believe in ourselves again, and we must never, never trade our liberty for any fleeting promise of security." - Rand Paul

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I sent him $5 because I feel bad for him, particularly because he left to help Rand. But I don't see how you can be that naive and leave it all up to a roommate to take your name off a lease, especially without concrete proof. Maybe there's more to the story, but he never called the leasing office to verify? I hope he gets through this though.
    Last edited by EBounding; 02-11-2016 at 07:47 AM.
    Support Justin Amash for Congress
    Michigan Congressional District 3

I pitched in.
    Helping out a little for a fellow musician/singer and Liberty lover is not a problem for me!

Thanks for posting this Gage, I would have never known otherwise!

Why doesn't he contact that PAC that raised $3 million, or did they spend it all?

lol I wouldn't call a ding on your credit history a dire situation.

I had nearly the same thing happen to me when i was 19. I didn't get bailed out, things turned out ok. I learned from my mistakes. I learned there's not always someone to bail you out when yo $#@! up.

Quote Originally Posted by EBounding View Post
    I sent him $5 because I feel bad for him, particularly because he left to help Rand. But I don't see how you can be that naive leave it all up to a roommate to take your name off a lease, especially without concrete proof. Maybe there's more to the story, but he never called the leasing office to verify? I hope he gets through this though.
    I concur. I asked for a copy of the document that was lost...said he didnt have one. uhhhh

Yeah. Sorry but being an irresponsible drifter has financial consequences. Props for him for helping Rand, but I've made similar mistakes in my youth and no one bailed me out and I learned from that.

If I had only known that I could start a GoFundMe page and tug on people's heartstings to correct my poor choices..... who knew?
    There are only two things we should fight for. One is the defense of our homes and the other is the Bill of Rights. War for any other reason is simply a racket.
    -Major General Smedley Butler, USMC,
    Two-Time Congressional Medal of Honor Winner
    Author of, War is a Racket!

It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours.
    - Diogenes of Sinope

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    dumbass. Trusted his roommate to do it?

His "consequences" are pretty over-blown also.

Screw up. Pay up. Learn from your mistakes. Got a loan from a relative. Work out a payment plan with the apartment folks. They would much rather spread out the payments than go to court.

"Just think: your contribution assures that my best friends and I can keep pursuing our dreams unrestrained."

lol

Just think: Growing up means that sometimes your dreams get to be modified.
    Last edited by Jamesiv1; 02-09-2016 at 04:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jamesiv1 View Post
    dumbass. Trusted his roommate to do it?

His "consequences" are pretty over-blown also.

Screw up. Pay up. Learn from your mistakes. Got a loan from a relative. Work out a payment plan with the apartment folks. They would much rather spread out the payments than go to court.

"Just think: your contribution assures that my best friends and I can keep pursuing our dreams unrestrained."

lol

Just think: Growing up means that sometimes your dreams get to be modified.
    He woulda been better off at this point as a bernie supporter I think.

i kid i kid

Quote Originally Posted by jllundqu View Post
    Yeah. Sorry but being an irresponsible drifter has financial consequences. Props for him for helping Rand, but I've made similar mistakes in my youth and no one bailed me out and I learned from that.

If I had only known that I could start a GoFundMe page and tug on people's heartstings to correct my poor choices..... who knew?
    I wonder if folks are doing that to help out with the debt on their student loans.

Last edited by Jamesiv1; 02-09-2016 at 11:24 PM.