Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Lew Rockwell: The Truth About Trump

Lew Rockwell: The Truth About Trump

Lew Rockwell: The Truth About Trump

Top libertarian talks about Trump and the rise of populism, the cashless society and martial law

Kit Daniels | Infowars.com - February 6, 2016

In this exclusive interview, world-renowned libertarian Lew Rockwell, the co-founder of the Mises Institute and Ron Paul’s former congressional chief of staff, speaks about Donald Trump and the rise of populism, the economic collapse, the cashless society, martial law and his late friend Murray Rothbard, the founder of anarcho-capitalism.

00:00 – Trump and Murray Rothbard
    03:05 – Why authoritarians hate Trump
    05:15 – Trump, Bernie Sanders and the populist revolt
    07:22 – Obama’s push for martial law
    11:55 – Bernie Sanders
    13:20 – Global economic collapse
    15:09 – The cashless society
    18:58 – The Mises Institute

http://www.infowars.com/lew-rockwell...h-about-trump/
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Cliff notes, he's a dick. There I saved you 20 minutes of your life.

Quote Originally Posted by 69360 View Post
    Cliff notes, he's a dick. There I saved you 20 minutes of your life.
    Who Lew?
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

I listened to it. It's interesting.

Thanks for posting it, Donnay.
    ================
    Open Borders: A Libertarian Reappraisal or why only dumbasses and cultural marxists are for it.

Cultural Marxism: The Corruption of America

The Property Basis of Rights

I'm not going to listen. Did he speak about his white nat grievances?

Quote Originally Posted by Rad View Post
    I'm not going to listen. Did he speak about his white nat grievances?
    Why is it when I read the above comment, I instantly thought of grade school kid whining?

07:22 – Obama’s push for martial law
    He's had seven years to start it. What is he waiting for?

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    A Major False Flag.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by donnay View Post
    Why is it when I read the above comment, I instantly thought of grade school kid whining?
    Because the man is just a huckster who puts out newsletters that were written like they came from a Middle School troll. He avoided talking about them when they came out during voting time in an attempt to destroy Ron by the Neocons. How much support did he lose? He repeatedly put down his meal ticket's son. Rand is a liar but he is better than Trump. A lack of judgement, character, and loyalty define Lew. All Lew cares about is being allowed to discriminate against others. He repeatedly brings it up along with sticking it to the man. Austrian economics supposed to work but he begs for money. For a guy who is obsessed with mammon he can't even generate revenue for a website. When libertarians stop looking towards these gurus and start thinking for themselves then the movement will go somewhere. Intellectual dependency on hucksters is not the way to go.

These guys aren't some saints to follow around and worship. Leave that to religion.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    He wasn't just talking about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

Because the man is just a huckster who puts out newsletters that were written like they came from a Middle School troll. He avoided talking about them when they came out during voting time in an attempt to destroy Ron by the Neocons. How much support did he lose? He repeatedly put down his meal ticket's son. Rand is a liar but he is better than Trump. A lack of judgement, character, and loyalty define Lew. All Lew cares about is being allowed to discriminate against others. He repeatedly brings it up along with sticking it to the man. Austrian economics supposed to work but he begs for money. For a guy who is obsessed with mammon he can't even generate revenue for a website. When libertarians stop looking towards these gurus and start thinking for themselves then the movement will go somewhere. Intellectual dependency on hucksters is not the way to go.

These guys aren't some saints to follow around and worship. Leave that to religion.
    Rand is a liar?
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Austrian economics supposed to work but he begs for money.
    Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    Rand is a liar?
    I'm trying to figure out that ^^ line.
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    Rand is a liar?
    He was on Iran. When he campaigned for his dad he told the truth but when it came to his own presidential run he started lying. http://www.nbcnews.com/feature/meet-...-flops-n337326

He also found it uncomfortable when he wanted to end welfare to Israel and his Lew moment concerning the civil rights act.

I don't know why an economist can't run a profitable website either. It doesn't make sense that he has to ask for handouts.

"Why authoritarians hate Trump" ...really?

Lew's a hypocrite, a huckster, and a traitor to the libertarian cause.

He promotes a man who embraces corporate bailouts, socialized medicine, Keynesian stimulus, protectionism, and the police-state, all while claiming to be a purist.

$#@! Lew.

I refuse to finance him by giving his youtube videos more clicks.

Thanks for posting. Lew is always a good listen and lewrockwell.com one of the best websites around

A Major False Flag.
    Sandy Hook? San Bernidino? Boston bombing? The thing about false flags is you don't have to wait for them. You create them yourself. So...what's he waiting on?
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by r3volution 3.0 View Post

He promotes a man who embraces corporate bailouts, socialized medicine, Keynesian stimulus, and protectionism, all the while claiming to be a purist anarcho-capitalist.

$#@! Lew.

He doesn't support Trump

Quote Originally Posted by Warlord View Post
    He doesn't support Trump
    Yes he does.

He talks up Trump all the time, as one can glean from the title of this very video, without even having to watch it.

"Why authoritarians hate Trump."

If I made a post called "Why authoritarians hate Jeb Bush," for an audience which I know hates authoritarians, I would be making a pro-Bush post.
    Last edited by r3volution 3.0; 02-07-2016 at 01:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Warlord View Post
    Thanks for posting. Lew is always a good listen and lewrockwell.com one of the best websites around
    I think so, too.

Monkey See, Monkey Do

He promotes a man who embraces corporate bailouts, socialized medicine, Keynesian stimulus, protectionism, and the police-state, all while claiming to be a purist.

$#@! Lew.

In the video, Lew tried to justify his support for Trump by saying that Rothbard believed in populism. That's how warped Lew's thinking has become in his support for Trump.
    "Then David said to the Philistine, 'You come to me with a sword, a spear, and a javelin, but I come to you in the name of Yahweh of hosts, the God of the battle lines of Israel, Whom you have reproached.'" - 1 Samuel 17:45

"May future generations look back on our work and say that these were men and women who, in moment of great crisis, stood up to their politicians, the opinion-makers, and the Establishment, and saved their country." - Dr. Ron Paul

I would like to add one more thing about Lew. Ron Paul is supposed to be his friend and Rand was the best candidate running. A man who took the blame for Lew's screw up as editor. Rand was disappointing in some of his positions but he was still the best man running. If Rand was your friend's son who you agreed with on many things would you choose a guy who seems to be more personality than policy for President? Neither was going to end the Empire. Does loyalty mean anything to Lew? I don't see how Lew's actions towards Rand are defensible.

Quote Originally Posted by Theocrat View Post
    In the video, Lew tried to justify his support for Trump by saying that Rothbard believed in populism. That's how warped Lew's thinking has become in his support for Trump.
    Again he does;t support Trump. He makes observations on political events for his blog.

Ummmm...Lew never actually said that. Here's what was said:

Infowars guy: "I hear a lot of libertarians having issues with Trump. I don't disagree with them. But I guess how I feel is that Trump is pushing the overton window up towards liberty. Even if that's not his intention. Whether it might be. But it seems he's inching that overton window, along with Ted Cruz and even Rand Paul, towards liberty. What do you think?

Lew: Yeah. I um...have my doubts about Trump. But I read where Justin Rainmondo said he was anti-anti-Trump. In otherwords he despised the people who were anti-Trump as they were the bad guys. So that has to count for something. Maybe Trump...who knows maybe there's a chance Trump will do something good. We know the others will only do evil. Maybe Trump will only do evil too. No human being should ever have the power that American president has. (Talks about nuclear codes).

@ 6:30 Lew and Infowars talk about how the left antiwar movement disappeared when Obama became president. The actual antiwar movement is small. But it has a lot of support among the people. Lew thinks that's a reason for a lot of the support behind Trump. People think he's an America first guy and is less likely to start a war because of that and Lew hopes they are right because he thinks Trump will be the next president.

The infowars guy asked Mitch McConnell wanting to sneak a bill through a war powers bill through that was not limited by geography or time or budget. So if Obama wanted to he could deploy U.S. troops on U.S. soil, martial law.

So this wasn't about "Obama pushing for martial law." It was about both sides greasing the skids for martial law using the legislative process. And what are they waiting for? It sounds like the bill didn't pass.

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

Quote Originally Posted by Theocrat View Post
    Are we watching the same video? Lew never said he supported Trump in this video.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Yes he does.

He talks up Trump all the time, as one can glean from the title of this very video, without even having to watch it.

"Why authoritarians hate Trump."

If I made a post called "Why authoritarians hate Jeb Bush," for an audience which I know hates authoritarians, I would be making a pro-Bush post.
    Ummm....no. [b]That's not the title of the video. The title of the video is "The Truth about Trump." Donnay just typed that in as a video book mark but I think she did the conversation a disservice because Lew neither asks nor attempts to answer the question "Why authoritarians hate Trump." He quoted Justin Rainmondo saying that he (Justin) was "anti-anti Trump" because he can't stand the people who are attacking Trump. That's an overbroad statement by Justin but there is a ring of truth to it. I can't stand John McCain and he can't stand Trump. Same with Lindsey Graham. Same with the entire Bush family.

I haven't followed enough of what Lew says about Trump outside of this video to know if he does in fact support Trump. I do know that you have a knack of falsely accusing people of being Trump supporters. You falsely accused me simply because I pointed out once that Trump was parroting Ron and Rand's non-interventionist talking points even though that is so obviously true that Rand called Trump out on it once during one of the debates. Dennis Kucinich is really non-interventionist. That doesn't mean I think he would make a good president.

Quote Originally Posted by jmdrake View Post
    Sandy Hook? San Bernidino? Boston bombing? The thing about false flags is you don't have to wait for them. You create them yourself. So...what's he waiting on?
    Those were false flags, but they were not a major false flag. A currency melt down? A nuke? --something that will involve lots of casualties.

Those were false flags, but they were not a major false flag. A currency melt down? A nuke? --something that will involve lots of casualties.
    Again. A false flag is not something you "wait" on. If you have to "wait" on it then it is a naturally occurring event. What's being "waited" is the legislative underpinnings for martial law. That's what was being discussed in the video. "Obama pushing for martial law" was not at all discussed. It was Mitch McConnell proposing the bill that the infowars commentator and Lew were concerned about.

Quote Originally Posted by jmdrake View Post
    Ummm....no. [b]That's not the title of the video. The title of the video is "The Truth about Trump." Donnay just typed that in as a video book mark
    I was under the impression that those sub-titles were from the video itself, but alright, it doesn't really matter.

There are many examples of Lew speaking well of Trump, such as in his post-debate talks with Tom Woods, along with numerous pro-Trump articles at LRC.

I haven't followed enough of what Lew says about Trump outside of this video to know if he does in fact support Trump.
    When I get a chance, I'll post the evidence. It's been posted before here at RPF, there are several threads about it.

I do know that you have a knack of falsely accusing people of being Trump supporters
    I'm in the habit of accusing Trump supporters of being Trump supporters; there are lots of them around here.

You falsely accused me simply because I pointed out once that Trump was parroting Ron and Rand's non-interventionist talking points
    Link
    Last edited by r3volution 3.0; 02-07-2016 at 02:41 PM.

I don't know why an economist can't run a profitable website either. It doesn't make sense that he has to ask for handouts.
    Regardless of what you think of Rockwell, that is just ridiculous. Rockwell is not, strictly speaking, an economist - and even if he was, being a good economist is not the same thing as being a successful businessman. They are two entirely different and unrelated things.

Ludwig von Mises certainly was an economist - and a truly great one. Before he married his wife Margit, he told her, "If you want a rich man, don't marry me. I write about money, but I will never have much of my own." And what you sneeringly call 'handouts" had to be resorted to in order to keep Mises in his (otherwise unpaid) visiting professorship at NYU. So by your "economist = profitable = no handouts" statement, I guess that means Mises must have been a crappy economist ...
    Last edited by Occam's Banana; 02-07-2016 at 02:48 PM.
    The Bastiat Collection · FREE PDF · FREE EPUB · PAPER
    Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

• "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law."
      -- The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
      -- Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      -- Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      -- Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

· tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ·

I was under the impression that those sub-titles were from the video itself, but alright, it doesn't really matter.
    I know. Donnay trying to be helpful instead injected confusion into the discussion with the bookmarks.

I'm in the habit of accusing Trump supporters of being Trump supporters; there are lots of them around here.
    Link
    Sure:

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...=1#post6059532

I said:

Trump's "wackiness" including saying:

1) We shouldn't have gone into Afghanistan.
    2) We shouldn't have gone into Iraq.
    3) Bush was ultimately responsible for 9/11.

And you said:

I'm sure Trump appreciates your support.

So I made three provably true statements about Trump an in response you falsely accused me of being a Trump supporter.
    Last edited by jmdrake; 02-07-2016 at 03:05 PM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Select a tag for more discussion on that topic