Page 14 of 50 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Thread: Any coin or currency collectors here?

Today , I picked up an 1867 Shield nickel in extra fine , 16 silver FDR dimes , a 1917 Type 2 silver Standing Liberty quarter , a 1938 D Jefferson nickel .
    Do something Danke

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    When we were in Amherst, my son found (picked up) a wheat penny on Sweethome Rd. He says it's lucky and calls it his sweet penny.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post
    When we were in Amherst, my son found (picked up) a wheat penny on Sweethome Rd. He says it's lucky and calls it his sweet penny.
    He is right , it will be Lucky .
    Do something Danke

Today , I picked up a 1909 VDB Wheat Cent in Extra Fine , a silver Type 2 Standing Liberty quarter and a silver 1899 Barber Half .
    Do something Danke

Today , I picked up a silver 1901 Barber Half in Fine , an uncirculated silver 1945 S War nickel , a 1913 Type 1 Buffalo nickel and an 1864 2 Cent pc.
    Do something Danke

Today , I picked up a couple of silver Morgan dollars , an uncirculated 1880 S and a 1900 0 , a 1922 Canadian Cent , a couple of siLver Franklin halves , 1951 & 1954 D , and a silver Peso . That was fun.
    Do something Danke

I saw a little kid at Kroger checking the slots on the Coinstar machine and thought, damn, that's a good idea. Then he got on his hands and knees and stuck his bony little hand under the machine and counted up $2.00 in change. I was amused.
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.

I saw a little kid at Kroger checking the slots on the Coinstar machine and thought, damn, that's a good idea. Then he got on his hands and knees and stuck his bony little hand under the machine and counted up $2.00 in change. I was amused.
    That kid is going places .
    Do something Danke

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    That kid is going places .
    Fo sho. When I see people dumping coins in those things I wonder how many valuable coins Coinstar rakes in.

Fo sho. When I see people dumping coins in those things I wonder how many valuable coins Coinstar rakes in.
    Up until just a few yrs ago I would get rolls of Halves at the bank and sort out the silver ones and sell them to the local coin shop for 10 times face .
    Do something Danke

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    This morning , I picked up a 1911 silver Barber dime in Very Fine , an 1834 Bust silver Half Dime in Very Fine , a 1908 Indian Cent in Fine and some nickels , an 1883 V nickel in Extra Fine , some Buffalo nickels , 1916 S in Good , 1918 in Good ,1920 D in Good and a Good 1921 . Raining hard here .
    Do something Danke

He is right , it will be Lucky .
    'Lucky' pennies worth $1,000 are strewn across major cities

If you're one of those people who pick up "lucky" pennies on the street, you might get even luckier soon.

Across the U.S., there are fake pennies on sidewalks and other areas worth $1,000, thanks to a recent promotion by Ally Bank.

The bank placed 100 "lucky pennies" in 10 cities around the country in an effort to "demonstrate the importance of valuing every cent" and encourage people to save money.

The pennies are easy to identify because they're marked with Ally Bank's logo, and the flip side of the coins list the value at 100,000 cents. Plus, they're slightly larger in size than regular pennies.

According to the bank, the pennies are placed in plain sight in public places. Participating markets include New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, Washington, D.C., Miami, Denver, Detroit, San Diego, Charlotte, North Carolina, and Austin, Texas.

The company, which said there are 10 pennies in each of the select cities, has been posting hints about the penny locations on social media.
    http://www.wsbtv.com/news/trending-n...ies_/459210747

You would have to give me more than 1k to look for a Cent in at least 7 of those places
    Do something Danke

You would have to give me more than 1k to look for a Cent in at least 7 of those places
    Banks planting money in DC. That's rich. I wonder how many will be found in the offices of politicians.

Last night , I picked up a couple of silver ,Morgan dollars , 1884 s in Extra Fine and an 1882 O in Very Fine , a pair of 2 Cent pc.'s in Good , 1866 & 1868 and a 1909 Wheat Cent . This morning I picked up an uncirculated 1900 O silver Morgan dollar , five silver War nickels and a 1926 silver Standing Liberty quarter.
    Do something Danke

Earlier today , I picked up a pair of silver Barber quarters , Very Good & Good , 1902 & 1894 , an 1873 3 Cent pc , a pair of 2 Cent pc.'s 1865 & 1867 , a 1780 silver , uncirculated Austrian Thaler , an 1838 Large Cent in Fine and an 1898 S silver Morgan dollar in Very Fine .
    Do something Danke

Today , I picked up an 1877 Indian Head Cent , some Buffalo nickels ,1913 S , 1915 S and 1921 S , an 1816 Large Cent in Very Good , an 1873 , Closed Three silver dime in Extra Fine , another Austrian Thaler , some 2 Cent pc.'s , 1864 , 1865 & 1867 , some silver Morgan dollars , 1894 O in Extra Fine , 1899 in Fine , 1899 in Very Fine ,1902 S in About Uncirculated , 1903 S in Good and 1903 in Extra Fine .
    Last edited by oyarde; 10-23-2016 at 06:20 PM.
    Do something Danke

Today , I picked up a silver 1924 S Standing Liberty quarter in Very Fine , a silver 1907 Barber dime in About Uncirculated and an 1891 Carson City silver dollar in Fine .
    Do something Danke

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    You should get yourself one of those .
    Do something Danke

Those are cheaper at the Asian site where I buy "slutty" dresses. Plus, you get free shipping. I does take about a month to get your merch, though.

Those are cheaper at the Asian site where I buy "slutty" dresses.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Seriously, that's what they call them. I would provide a link but they install trackers and all your ads will be for their slutty dresses.

Today , I picked up 21 Indian Cents , best one was an 1860 in Very Fine , an 1890 S silver Morgan dollar in About Uncirculated and a sterling silver spoon that is about an ounce and a quarter .
    Do something Danke

Today , I picked up some silver Morgan dollars , 1880 , 1882 , 1898 S , pair of 1900 O's , a pair of silver Mercury dimes , best one was a 1917 S , pair of silver Walking Liberty halves ( 40's) , pair of V nickels , 1892 & 1897 , a 1918 D Buffalo nickel , a 1909 Wheat Cent , an 1887 Indian Head Cent and an 1864 2 Cent pc. in Very Fine with a clip on it from the mint , two Silver Eagles and some kind of Australian silver round. I would value that 2 Cent Pc @ 27.55 - 30 FRN's but I think I am going to keep it , a buddy of mine offered me 30 and I passed.
    Do something Danke

This morning , I picked up an about Uncirculated 1890 S silver Morgan dollar , some Buffalo nickels , 1916 , 1917 D , 1917 & 1920 D .
    Do something Danke

31. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Considering the high level of security I have , you may want to consider storing your gold coins with me .
    Do something Danke

I picked up a crown jewel tonight , a 1926 Oregon Trail Half Dollar in MS 65 . Sweet . On the Reverse is like a self portrait of me .
    Do something Danke

This morning , I picked up a couple of 1978 Ike dollars , an About Uncirculated 1888 silver Morgan dollar and an 1857 Flying Eagle Cent .
    Do something Danke

Today , I picked up a 1915 D Wheat Cent in Very Fine and a 1913 S Type 1 Buffalo nickel in Very Good that has a double profile on the Indian Head . Very Cool.
    Do something Danke

Page 14 of 50 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast