Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: February 6th Republican debate on ABC - 8 pm ET

We are not Chris Christie fans at our house, but we think his presence in this campaign is badly needed. His experience as a prosecutor is very important because he thinks well on his feet and points out flawed logic and patterns of behavior in ways that help people watch and listen more closely. I won't vote for him, but I like having him in debates.
    #NashvilleStrong

“I’m a doctor. That’s a baby.”~~~Dr. Manny Sethi

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by euphemia View Post
    We are not Chris Christie fans at our house, but we think his presence in this campaign is badly needed. His experience as a prosecutor is very important because he thinks well on his feet and points out flawed logic and patterns of behavior in ways that help people watch and listen more closely. I won't vote for him, but I like having him in debates.

I like that he's kicking Rubio's ass right now. However, as much as I like it, I don't think he will do well enough in NH to carry-on.

Cruz: "Bomb them!"
    Mods: "Civilians?"
    Cruz: "Yup."

...okie dokie

That's not the point. We need someone in the debates who will do exactly what Christie is doing. On camera, he looks very strong. He looks right in the camera, his points are concise and clear. His gestures are strong and definite. He makes a point very well. He is the one that makes everyone step up their games.
    #NashvilleStrong

6. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by r3volution 3.0 View Post
    Cruz: "Bomb them!"
    Mods: "Civilians?"
    Cruz: "Yup."

...okie dokie

SMH....wow... SMMFH...

That's not the point. We need someone in the debates who will do exactly what Christie is doing.

I definitely agree, the man isn't afraid to call anyone out. As he had done to Paul, to Trump, and so on. But, I just don't see him continuing on if he finishes say 5th in NH. I think he's pretty much destroyed Rubio.

Someone please put a dork in Rubio's mouth.
    "I am commonly opposed to those who modestly assume the rank of champions of liberty, and make a very patriotic noise about the people. It is the stale artifice which has duped the world a thousand times, and yet, though detected, it is still successful."

--Fisher Ames (1789)

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Henry View Post

He would love that... lol.

What, like Kasich?

Oh Bush is still here?
    The more prohibitions you have,
    the less virtuous people will be.
    The more weapons you have,
    the less secure people will be.
    The more subsidies you have,
    the less self-reliant people will be.

Therefore the Master says:
    I let go of the law,
    and people become honest.
    I let go of economics,
    and people become prosperous.
    I let go of religion,
    and people become serene.
    I let go of all desire for the common good,
    and the good becomes common as grass.

-Tao Te Ching, Section 57

I can't believe we no longer have Rand. These guys a completely insane.
    "I am commonly opposed to those who modestly assume the rank of champions of liberty, and make a very patriotic noise about the people. It is the stale artifice which has duped the world a thousand times, and yet, though detected, it is still successful."

--Fisher Ames (1789)

Something like a Kasich indeed. Actually, more like a Graham.
    What, like Kasich?

--Fisher Ames (1789)

15. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    its a depressing saturday night

Carson trying to remember the foreign policy bullet points his advisers drew up for him.

Quote Originally Posted by Fivezeroes View Post
    I definitely agree, the man isn't afraid to call anyone out. As he had done to Paul, to Trump, and so on. But, I just don't see him continuing on if he finishes say 5th in NH. I think he's pretty much destroyed Rubio.
    If Rubio falls because of this debate, then maybe Christie stays in. He is the best debater on the stage.
    #NashvilleStrong

If Rubio falls because of this debate, then maybe Christie stays in. He is the best debater on the stage.
    We can only hope he finishes in the top 4. I miss Rand..

Mod: "Would you bring back waterboarding?"
    Cruz: "I would not bring it back in any widespread sense..."

Carson trying to remember the foreign policy bullet points his advisers drew up for him.
    Wasn't he though. But couldn't even keep that together.
    There is only one success -- to be able to spend your life in your own way.
    -- Christopher Morley (1890 - 1957)

Trump: "Not only would I bring back waterboarding, I'd bring back a lot worse than waterboarding."

The Bush surge is beginning?

--Fisher Ames (1789)

24. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Trump: "Not only would I bring back waterboarding, I'd bring back a lot worse than waterboarding."

Man that's scary as $#@!... what's scarier is all the applause he got.

The Bush surge is beginning?

Bush is still low energy, at least he doesn't have to beg people to clap for him right now.

That's not the point. We need someone in the debates who will do exactly what Christie is doing. On camera, he looks very strong. He looks right in the camera, his points are concise and clear. His gestures are strong and definite. He makes a point very well. He is the one that makes everyone step up their games.
    Get a room already.

All modern revolutions have ended in a reinforcement of the power of the State.
    -Albert Camus

Torture and Guantanamo.... Yeehaw!!!!!!!!!!

--Fisher Ames (1789)

They're all such hypocrites......

Trump: "Great dealmakers make great deals, by dealmaking to reach consensus on deals."

We need Rand in the Senate big time stopping these loons.

--Fisher Ames (1789)

Cruz lists 3 presidential powers in the constitution, the 3rd he says is "legislation". Hmmmm if that's true, what's his job as senator?! Sounds like Cruz isn't the libertarian his ads pretend he is. Shocker.

33. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Look at Cruz trying to play on people heart strings.

Yep... and Cruz is such a slime, you don't even know if what he says is true.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fivezeroes View Post
    Look at Cruz trying to play on people heart strings.

--Fisher Ames (1789)

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast