Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gloria Steinem: Young women support Sanders to attract men

Gloria Steinem: Young women support Sanders to attract men

Feminist activist Gloria Steinem on Friday suggested that young women support Democratic presidential hopeful Bernie Sanders over rival Hillary Clinton because they want to meet boys.

On HBO’s “Real Time with Bill Maher,” Maher asked Steinem why Clinton, who has campaigned on the historic nature of her candidacy, was losing the young female vote.

“I don’t mean to over-generalize … but men tend to get more conservative because they gain power as they age, and women get more radical because they lose power as they age,” Steinem responded.

“So it’s kind of not fair to measure most women by the standard of most men, because they’re going to get more activist as they get older,” she added.

“And when you’re young, you’re thinking, ‘Where are the boys?’ The boys are with Bernie.”

Maher joked that if he had chalked up Bernie’s support among young women to their desire to meet boys, Steinem would have slapped him.

“No I wouldn’t, no I wouldn’t … because the boys are … How well do you know me?” Steinem responded, laughing off the remark.

Sanders won 84 percent of voters ages 18 to 29 in the Feb. 1 Iowa caucuses, with Clinton getting 14 percent among the group.

Steinem previously endorsed Clinton for president in 2008.
    http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/...to-attract-men
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Look for an upsurge in androgynous children with hyphenated last names.

I'm probably going anyway, might as well get a special place.

“A Special Place In Hell For Women Who Don’t Help Each Other,” Albright Tells Clinton Rally

Hillary Clinton was joined by New Jersey Sen. Cory Booker and former Secretary of State Madeleine Albright at a rally in Concord, New Hampshire, on Saturday.

After a pitch aimed at encouraging young women to support Clinton become the first female president, Albright told the crowd, “Just remember: there’s a special place in hell for women who don’t help each other.”

http://www.buzzfeed.com/davidmack/sp...ill#.du5zOMQZr
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.

After a pitch aimed at encouraging young women to support Clinton become the first female president, Albright told the crowd, “Just remember: there’s a special place in hell for women who don’t help each other.”
    Says the woman that said half a million Iraqi children dead because of US sanctions was "acceptable".

$#@! these people and all who associate with them.

“I don’t mean to over-generalize … but men tend to get more conservative because they gain power as they age, and women get more radical because they lose power as they age,” Steinem responded.
    The opposite is true. Middle-aged men become frustrated when they realize just how little power they actually have.
    All modern revolutions have ended in a reinforcement of the power of the State.
    -Albert Camus

Correct me if I am wrong, but isn't what that feminist said degrading to women? LOL
    Experience teaches us that it is much easier to prevent an enemy from posting themselves than it is to dislodge them after they have got possession.
    ~ George Washington

That's the most sexist comment I've heard anyone ever make about women lol.. WTF Gloria?

They are supporting Bernie because Hillary is only promising half of the free stuff that Bernie is.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Gloria Steinem - How The CIA Used Feminism To Destabilize Society

http://www.rense.com/general21/hw.htm
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Annie View Post
    Correct me if I am wrong, but isn't what that feminist said degrading to women? LOL
    Feminists are allowed to degrade women, because they are feminists.

“And when you’re young, you’re thinking, ‘Where are the boys?’ The boys are with Bernie.”
    Dumb ass doesn't even know where the boys are. Apparently, she's never been to a libertarian event.

Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post
    Dumb ass doesn't even know where the boys are. Apparently, she's never been to a libertarian event.
    Wait...

Wut...

HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAH

maybe attract feminized beta males.
    rewritten history with armies of their crooks - invented memories, did burn all the books... Mark Knopfler

Feminists are usually old, ugly and/or fat.

They are jealous of young girls that are successful and can fit into small jeans.

Obama is of course encouraging this bull$#@!. Encourage anything that drives wedges inbetween people

Also known as "sausage rallies."

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.

... and women get more radical because they lose power as they age,” Steinem responded.
    Speak for yourself, lady.
    Knowledge is the true power.
    And gender is of no consequence.
    Of course, it's hard for sleeping minds to even grasp that concept.

Quote Originally Posted by PursuePeace View Post
    Guess I don't have to say, "You can say that again."

Quote Originally Posted by PursuePeace View Post
    I agree. As I've *ahem* "matured", I feel much more powerful.

Women hold a lot of power. Getting custody of kids. Getting benefit of doubt with rape accusations. Getting benefit of doubt from police when accusing a guy of battery. A woman can get a man thrown into jail so fast.

The one thing that made me happy is hillary duff divorced her husband and she had to pay him 2.1 million in settlement money and a bentley and a few other things. lol.

And fish need bicycles.
    #NashvilleStrong

“I’m a doctor. That’s a baby.”~~~Dr. Manny Sethi

Just who I always wanted to date, a sandanista.

We need MOAR women in combat!

Meant to put this in the debate thread. Hahah.
    Last edited by jclay2; 02-06-2016 at 09:20 PM.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by GunnyFreedom View Post
    Feminists are allowed to degrade women, because they are feminists.
    Ah..... Typical bully tactics? I will pull you out of the school locker, but it will cost you your lunch money... LOL
    Experience teaches us that it is much easier to prevent an enemy from posting themselves than it is to dislodge them after they have got possession.
    ~ George Washington

After her comments were met with backlash, Steinem issued a statement via Facebook on Sunday.

“In a case of talk-show Interruptus, I misspoke on the Bill Maher show recently, and apologize for what’s been misinterpreted as implying young women aren’t serious in their politics. What I had just said on the same show was the opposite: young women are active, mad as hell about what’s happening to them, graduating in debt, but averaging a million dollars less over their lifetimes to pay it back. Whether they gravitate to Bernie or Hillary, young women are activist and feminist in greater numbers than ever before.”
    http://www.msnbc.com/msnbc/steinem-a...id=sm_fb_msnbc

“In a case of talk-show Interruptus, I misspoke on the Bill Maher show recently, and apologize for what’s been misinterpreted as implying

-Albert Camus

Quote Originally Posted by otherone View Post

Feminists support Hillary to...attract other feminists.

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    Feminists support Hillary to...attract other feminists.
    Couldn't find dyke zombies so this will have to do:

-Albert Camus

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Select a tag for more discussion on that topic