Thread: Ron Paul: Ted Cruz is no libertarian

Supporting Member
    North Carolina

Ron Paul: Ted Cruz is no libertarian

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/0...#ixzz3zKgUiFsI

. “You take a guy like Cruz, people are liking the Cruz — they think he’s for the free market, and [in reality] he’s owned by Goldman Sachs. I mean, he and Hillary have more in common than we would have with either Cruz or Trump or any of them so I just don’t think there is much picking,” Paul said of the Texas senator on Fox Business’ “Varney & Company" on Friday.

Read more: http://www.politico.com/story/2016/0...#ixzz3zLplqZAh
    Equality is a false god.

Armatissimi e Liberissimi

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    He's not a libertarian? Good. Wouldnt want him running around naked smoking pot, anyway.
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

Chester Copperpot

Ron Paul: "Ted Cruz Owned by Goldman Sachs"

You take a guy like Cruz, people are liking the Cruz — they think he’s for the free market, and [in reality] he’s owned by Goldman Sachs. I mean, he and Hillary have more in common than we would have with either Cruz or Trump or any of them so I just don’t think there is much picking,” Paul said of the Texas senator on Fox Business’ “Varney & Company" on Friday.

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/0...rtarian-218822
    -----------------------------------------------------------
    Ater seing all the Cruzbots coming on here lying about what a great guy Cruz would be to vote for, I think this analysis from Ron Paul says all we need to know.

Cruz is completely unelectable. regardless of who you vote for, it shouldnt be Cruz. Hes guaranteed to be another 4 years of bought and paid for federal reserve shillary.

Quote Originally Posted by Chester Copperpot View Post

You take a guy like Cruz, people are liking the Cruz — they think he’s for the free market, and [in reality] he’s owned by Goldman Sachs. I mean, he and Hillary have more in common than we would have with either Cruz or Trump or any of them so I just don’t think there is much picking,” Paul said of the Texas senator on Fox Business’ “Varney & Company" on Friday.

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/0...rtarian-218822
    -----------------------------------------------------------
    Ater seing all the Cruzbots coming on here lying about what a great guy Cruz would be to vote for, I think this analysis from Ron Paul says all we need to know.

Cruz is completely unelectable. regardless of who you vote for, it shouldnt be Cruz. Hes guaranteed to be another 4 years of bought and paid for federal reserve shillary.
    Wish he had come out with these statements before the Iowa caucus.

"Fascism Wrapped in a Cross"

Quote Originally Posted by Dianne View Post
    Wish he had come out with these statements before the Iowa caucus.
    It wouldn't have mattered because Cruz's Iowan supporters were so inundated with his Christian/Israel rhetoric, they wouldn't have cared less about his financial establishment connections (not to mention that most of his supporters don't understand the political/economic implications on Cruz for having those kind of donors, especially as it relates to his positions about the Federal Reserve).
    "Then David said to the Philistine, 'You come to me with a sword, a spear, and a javelin, but I come to you in the name of Yahweh of hosts, the God of the battle lines of Israel, Whom you have reproached.'" - 1 Samuel 17:45

"May future generations look back on our work and say that these were men and women who, in moment of great crisis, stood up to their politicians, the opinion-makers, and the Establishment, and saved their country." - Dr. Ron Paul

Surprisingly, the elder Paul seemed more attracted to the views of Vermont Sen. Bernie Sanders, who is giving Hillary Clinton a run for her money in the Democratic primary.

“On occasion, Bernie comes up with libertarian views when he talks about taking away the cronyism on Wall Street, so in essence he’s right, and occasionally he voted against war,” the former Texas congressman said when asked if there was a candidate who was truly for the free market.

"It's hard to find anybody -- since Rand is out of it -- anybody that would take a libertarian position, hardcore libertarian position on privacy, on the war issue and on economic policy," Paul added.

“So I always say: You can search for a long time, but you’re not gonna find anybody in the Republican or Democratic primary that even comes slightly close to ever being able to claim themselves a libertarian,” he concluded.

Read more: http://www.politico.com/story/2016/0...#ixzz3zPY9En00
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by TheTexan View Post
    He's not a libertarian? Good. Wouldnt want him running around naked smoking pot, anyway.
    No one wants to think about that!!

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Heidi Cruz is just another payroll

princeling

http://news.efinancialcareers.com/cn...ings-in-china/
    Yes, banks are still hiring ‘princelings’ in China

by Thomas Zhang 6 November 2015

connections bring in profit

If nepotism exists anywhere in investment banking, it surely exists in China. Take J.P. Morgan’s recruitment of 25 year-old Joe Gao, son of the country’s Commerce Minister, or the appointment of Levin Zhu, son of the former Chinese premier, as CEO of CICC.

However, both Gao and Zhu were appointed several years ago (in 2007 and 1999 respectively). After being called out for hiring the sons and daughters of Chinese officials (fuerdai or guanerdai in Mandarin), banks in the country are supposed to have cleaned up their acts. Have they?

Not exactly, say recruiters. “Hiring of fuerdai still happens all the time, but it’s not talked about in public now,” says Lesley Li, founder of Shanghai-based Matrix Search, an executive search firm. “People just chat about it over dinner or drinks.”

Although banks are still hiring fuerdai, recruiters say banks are hiring them because they’re strong candidates, not simply because of their family connections. In 2007, J.P. Morgan hired Joe Gao even though he was deemed one of the worst candidates the bank had ever seen and despite deeming him,

‘immature, irresponsible and unreliable.”
    ...but connected
    Last edited by presence; 02-06-2016 at 12:36 PM.

'We endorse the idea of voluntarism; self-responsibility: Family, friends, and churches to solve problems, rather than saying that some monolithic government is going to make you take care of yourself and be a better person. It's a preposterous notion: It never worked, it never will. The government can't make you a better person; it can't make you follow good habits.' - Ron Paul 1988

Awareness is the Root of Liberation Revolution is Action upon Revelation

'Resistance and Disobedience in Economic Activity is the Most Moral Human Action Possible' - SEK3

Flectere si nequeo superos, Acheronta movebo.

...the familiar ritual of institutional self-absolution...
    ...for protecting them, by mock trial, from punishment...

Kind of surprised Amash would believe this. He's suggesting that Cruz has said things that make him less bad than Rubio.

But why would anyone believe what the liar Cruz has said? Particularly considering that he said it while trying to discredit Rand Paul and attract his supporters?

hi cajun, dont you love Ron telling the truth? I've been saying he is owned by Goldman's for months. His campaign took a loan out with them and his wife is an executive there.

The very first thing I ever learned from Ron Paul........ "follow the money".
    Experience teaches us that it is much easier to prevent an enemy from posting themselves than it is to dislodge them after they have got possession.
    ~ George Washington

Quote Originally Posted by Valli6 View Post
    Kind of surprised Amash would believe this. He's suggesting that Cruz has said things that make him less bad than Rubio.

But why would anyone believe what the liar Cruz has said? Particularly considering that he said it while trying to discredit Rand Paul and attract his supporters?
    Not surprising at all. Rubio is the worst, hard-core, budget busting, globalist, reckless interventionist, neoconservative MIC puppet in the race.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Isn't this kind of disingenuous? Ron endorsed Cruz for senate, now he is badmouthing him?

Quote Originally Posted by Warlord View Post
    hi cajun, dont you love Ron telling the truth? I've been saying he is owned by Goldman's for months. His campaign took a loan out with them and his wife is an executive there.
    You calling me out for a reason? Of course I love this...I dislike Cruz, and I always have! And I'm aware you've been saying this for months; I've never doubted you.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by 69360 View Post
    Isn't this kind of disingenuous? Ron endorsed Cruz for senate, now he is badmouthing him?
    The alternative in that race was the CIA agent Dewhurst. Of course Ron endorsed Ted then. But now it's very different

If you were retiring and you spent 30 years trying to get the fed audited and get the united states to stop supporting fiat currency, and someone ran for senate in your state saying that he also wanted to do that and that he had the same values as you, wouldn't you endorse him?

Now say that he gets elected, and he doesn't do his job, he doesn't vote for audit the fed. Do you endorse him to be president, do you think he is going to do what he says he is going to do or do you think he is owned by the very banks that finance him so they keep getting special favors from the federal reserve.

I don't see it as petty, but I see Ron Paul as a "single issue" voter. He would vote for any candidate over Ted Cruz, because Ted Cruz is financed by the corrupt people that exploit our financial system and take advantage of the poorest people. Ted Cruz was designed to fool us into voting for him, I bet he is even going to be on the neocon ticket, I got all this money i was saving to put into Rands campaign though so that would be a bet I would be happy to make with any of you.

Cruz fooled nobody. Follow the money as Ron Paul has educated to. It was obvious from the off where his loyalties lay

Chester Copperpot

people only found out about his goldman sachs loans a few weeks ago.. back in 2012 nobody knew $#@! about them

Clearly he has new information, as do all of us.. information that we have been telling you about him for months now. The question is, why haven't you changed your mind??

I think he liked the idea of having someone in the senate who could help support Rand on a few things, but he has done little in that area and been a bit of a disappointment even on areas where they agree.. Then there is the atrocious foreign policy.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by nikcers View Post

7:00 -

If you listen Ted's on the neocon list.
    That speaks volumes!! That is an anti endorsement! LOL
    Experience teaches us that it is much easier to prevent an enemy from posting themselves than it is to dislodge them after they have got possession.
    ~ George Washington

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Annie View Post
    That speaks volumes!! That is an anti endorsement! LOL
    If you pay attention to just the last part after 7:00 he goes on to say specifically that he doesn't think Ted is not a Neocon, but that Rand is the only one that isn't a neocon. Then he tries his best to convince you that Lindsay Graham is his favorite neocon candidate. He tries really hard to convince us what we all know, that Lindsay Graham is a neocon.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Theocrat View Post
    It wouldn't have mattered because Cruz's Iowan supporters were so inundated with his Christian/Israel rhetoric, they wouldn't have cared less about his financial establishment connections (not to mention that most of his supporters don't understand the political/economic implications on Cruz for having those kind of donors, especially as it relates to his positions about the Federal Reserve).
    Yep, coming out with it before NH, especially before the debate, will hurt him much worse. Tonight he is going to try and go full Rand in the debate and try to convince people he is a libertarian. Someone on the panel could bring up this article and ask him why his new hero Ron Paul would rather say nice things about Bernie than the Cruz. Then the Trump will call him the Goldman Sachs candidate (BTW, this is what they found out through testing hurts Cruz the worst among Paul supporters), and possibly Trump will say if the Cruz gets elected, someone will sing "O Canada" at the inauguration.
    “I don’t think that there will be any curtailing of Donald Trump as president,” he said. "He controls the media, he controls the sentiment [and] he controls everybody. He’s the one who will resort to executive orders more so than [President] Obama ever used them." - Ron Paul