Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rand campaign suspension: What if there were other motives?

Rand campaign suspension: What if there were other motives?

Guys! Just like the rest of you, my second family, I went into a downward spiral after Rand suspended his campaign. Lots of tears and sadness and a bleak future ahead of us were my immediate reactions. Sure, I was critical of him at the beginning after his Romney endorsement in 2012. But I was able to appreciate all he's trying to do for us in the U.S. Senate. After days of deeply thinking this through, there have been serious situations going on in the U.S. Presidency. The last big news was the speech from a Democratic U.S. Senator from Connecticut called Chris Murphy about Obama being granted unlimited war powers. I think, because of events like these, plus him underperforming in Iowa, Rand decided to put his energy in trying to stop Obama, and future Presidents, from getting even more power. Rand may see this as a moment for him to try and protect what's left of the USA before going full in on a Presidential run where we don't even know what's going to happen to the US next year. Rand gets my respect and love for him willing to take a stake at trying to keep our country a country. We all would've wanted for him to go full speed to try and win the Presidential nod but I'm sure we all respect him and support him for trying to do what's right! That's called HAVING GUTS!

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    You are right that we don't know what the thinking is behind this decision. I have to trust that it was made with information that we don't have access to for a good reason...
    BEWARE THE CULT OF "GOVERNMENT"

Christian Anarchy - Our Only Hope For Liberty In Our Lifetime!
    Sonmi 451: Truth is singular. Its "versions" are mistruths.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:ChristianAnarchist

Use an internet archive site like
    THIS ONE
    to archive the article and create the link to the article content instead.

Quote Originally Posted by ChristianAnarchist View Post
    You are right that we don't know what the thinking is behind this decision. I have to trust that it was made with information that we don't have access to for a good reason...
    I just hope he wasn't threatened by Preibus like Ron was in 2012. But seeing how the USA is quickly going down the hole, if this were a reason to call it quits, I think Rand made a good decision. He's trying to balance the pros and cons and, let's remember, his campaign is suspended. I know that 99% of the time it's to continue getting funds to payoff debts and pay the campaign team and that's it. But there could be something different. The race has gotten dirtier after Rand suspended. He could try to use his energy now to try and save a country and, should a brokered convention be near, his name could be considered if he hits the right chords. We'll never know though!

I think that what he told us was the truth:

He would get more accomplished keeping his seat in the Senate safe than continuing a doomed presidential campaign.
    I too have been a close observer of the doings of the Bank of the United States...When you won, you divided the profits amongst you, and when you lost, you charged it to the bank...You are a den of vipers and thieves. I have determined to rout you out, and by the Eternal, I will rout you out!

Andrew Jackson, 1834

The results in Iowa pretty well ended his Presidential hopes.

Now, you might say, why not continue with an educational campaign?

Well, without inclusion in debates, it would have had very little effect, and it would have eaten up a lot of his time, which could be spent otherwise.

I think it was the right move.

Who knows what Rand plans to do over the coming months with his newfound free time, but I'm sure he'll be doing something productive.

Could be honestly any myriad of reasons, but honestly, as many people here have said, Iowa is when candidates start dropping off like flies if they don't gain any traction or do poorly in the caucus. Paul is one of those candidates who dropped off this time.

Quote Originally Posted by r3volution 3.0 View Post
    The results in Iowa pretty well ended his Presidential hopes.

Now, you might say, why not continue with an educational campaign?

Well, without inclusion in debates, it would have had very little effect, and it would have eaten up a lot of his time, which could be spent otherwise.
    He likely would've been in tonight's debate. He finished 5th in Iowa, he finished 5th in the last and only national poll since Iowa, and he finished 5th in an average of the last five national polls.

He certainly could've waited 36 hours for the debate lineup announcement. Zero downside to that, and to attending the debate if included. HUGE mistake.

No support/money to continue and he has a Senate seat to defend.

It's straight forward.

Currently I will be voting for Gary Johnson but hoping Ron or maybe Judge NAP runs Indy. Yes a long shot but real players who could give voters a real option.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Liberty74 View Post

It's straight forward.
    He could've started winding down campaign expenditures without announcing it, attended tonight's debate and dropped out NEXT Wednesday instead. And there's no better way to defend a Senate seat (which hardly needs defending anyway) than by attending a debate viewed by 15 million.

HUGE mistake. In fact, the biggest blunder of the entire campaign.

Quote Originally Posted by gee_blee View Post
    He could've started winding down campaign expenditures without announcing it, attended tonight's debate and dropped out NEXT Wednesday instead. And there's no better way to defend a Senate seat (which hardly needs defending anyway) than by attending a debate viewed by 15 million.

At the moment it didn't look like he was going to qualify. You have to remember that RCP average isn't what gets people into the debates. It's whatever polls the network recognizes.
    #StandWithRand

Quote Originally Posted by Liberty74 View Post

It's straight forward.

Currently I will be voting for Gary Johnson but hoping Ron or maybe Judge NAP runs Indy. Yes a long shot but real players who could give voters a real option.
    I wonder if gary would choose napolitano or ron as his running mate!

He definitely was not going to qualify for the debate.
    Hofstadter's Law: It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's Law. -Douglas Hofstadter

Life, Liberty, Logic

Quote Originally Posted by TheNewYorker View Post
    Trump told Rand to drop out and he'd pick Rand as his running mate.
    That'd be awesome if true. I can't think of a better presidential ticket
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

He likely would've been in tonight's debate. He finished 5th in Iowa, he finished 5th in the last and only national poll since Iowa, and he finished 5th in an average of the last five national polls.

He certainly could've waited 36 hours for the debate lineup announcement. Zero downside to that, and to attending the debate if included. HUGE mistake.
    He wasn't going to make the debate. PPP isn't counted as one of the five national polls used to determine which candidates make the debate.

I'd imagine that he told himself that if he didn't get as much support as Ron did, then there was no point moving forward. That made it clear that Ron's support went elsewhere.

As much as I hate to admit it, I believe most went to Sanders. Damn near everyone I speak to is going for him...almost like its a trendy thing because most of them don't even know what he stands for...AT ALL.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by moraha View Post
    As much as I hate to admit it, I believe most went to Sanders. Damn near everyone I speak to is going for him...almost like its a trendy thing because most of them don't even know what he stands for...AT ALL.
    Kind of like Trump's supporters.

Quote Originally Posted by ChristianAnarchist View Post
    Pillow talk with his wife?
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

I think he could have at least held in there until NH. These people are all about to self destruct. I fear we'll get stuck with Bernie. But on the other hand I kind of want him to get elected. This country needs to be punished. They need to get the government, good and hard!
    Dishonest money makes for dishonest people.

Andrew Napolitano, John Stossel. FOX News Liberty Infiltrators.

Quote Originally Posted by Inkblots View Post
    Dr. Paul is living rent-free in the minds of the neocons, and for a fiscal conservative, free rent is always a good thing
    NOBP ≠ ABO

Vote for Rand Paul, because there is no one else.

Don't forget what he told the RNC the last time he was excluded from a debate:

"If you want war, I'll give you war!"

He knows the RNC wants to shut him out. They won't allow him to fight his battle in the debates, perhaps he will do his battling from the senate where the rules are different. …and what if there's a brokered conventiion?

Quote Originally Posted by Valli6 View Post
    Don't forget what he told the RNC the last time he was excluded from a debate:

"If you want war, I'll give you war!"

He knows the RNC wants to shut him out. They won't allow him to fight his battle in the debates, perhaps he will do his battling from the senate where the rules are different. …and what if there's a brokered conventiion?
    I'd suggest looking for that west wing episode where the democrats have a brokered convention with governor baker (ed harris from married with children) from penn and he dropped out after one of the early states and put his name on the convention floor!

Quote Originally Posted by moraha View Post
    I'd imagine that he told himself that if he didn't get as much support as Ron did, then there was no point moving forward. That made it clear that Ron's support went elsewhere.

The youth voters are mostly democratic. If you look where Ron Paul did well in 2012, it was because of the democratic crossover votes due to no democratic primary challenge to Obama.

The youth vote is going to Sanders, not entirely for his positions, but to say no to Hillary. And because it is showing to it has the power to change the outcome of the democratic nomination we will see the republican youth being pulled to crossover (wherever possible) in these primaries.

Quote Originally Posted by brandon View Post
    Did you really cry? The thought of someone crying because their preferred politician didn't win an election seems a little absurd.
    It's understandable, I mean after years of investing so much into a candidate, and after voting so hard, it can be tough. Really tough.

But you get over it.

One day at a time.
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Also, the one thing that's clear about where Rand stands with the remaining candidates is that he wants to see anybody but Trump win. I think he could reasonably conclude that the most likely effect of his remaining in the race would be to syphon votes away from other non-Trump candidates, and given that he's not going to win the nomination himself, he wants to do what he can to make it less likely that Trump will.

Quote Originally Posted by TheTexan View Post
    That'd be awesome if true. I can't think of a better presidential ticket
    What about Palin?
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    What about Palin?
    She's kind of lost her luster over the past few years.

- Kim Kardashian

xxxxx
    Last edited by Voluntarist; 07-22-2018 at 12:11 PM.
    You have the right to remain silent. Anything you post to the internet can and will be used to humiliate you.

Quote Originally Posted by Voluntarist View Post
    And why is that? Is it one of those things like life - it begins at conception?

And what can be done about it going forward?
    Because Republicans keep nominating the likes of McCain, Romney, Cruz/Rubio/Trump. They don't realize they've lost the culture war and that young people overwhelmingly appreciate civil liberties, don't appreciate anti-gay rhetoric, despise the drug war, and so on.

Quote Originally Posted by Voluntarist View Post
    And why is that? Is it one of those things like life - it begins at conception?

And what can be done about it going forward?
    Not run people like Trump and Ted Cruz.
    “I don’t think that there will be any curtailing of Donald Trump as president,” he said. "He controls the media, he controls the sentiment [and] he controls everybody. He’s the one who will resort to executive orders more so than [President] Obama ever used them." - Ron Paul

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Select a tag for more discussion on that topic