Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What's next for the liberty movement?

Staff - Admin
    Houston, TX

Blog Entries

What's next for the liberty movement?

With Rand's campaign now behind us there have been questions about the next steps of the site and the liberty movement in general. How can we build towards liberty? What is the best thing to do?

These are questions that I have given serious thought to and there is a lot that I'd like to see done and be a part of. Real progress however is going to take a team effort so I am seeking site members who are interested in collaborating.

If you are potentially interested in collaborating on an initiative please send me a PM and we'll go from there.

Thank you.

Bryan
    This site has a specific purpose defined in our Mission Statement.

Members must read and follow our Community Guidelines.

I strive to respond to all queries; please excuse late and out-of-sequence responses.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    "This here's Miss Bonnie Parker. I'm Clyde Barrow. We rob banks."

Supporting Member
    North Carolina

Local/state elections have taken a back seat far too long IMO. I think most of the focus should be there. Good leaders will rise up from there.
    Equality is a false god.

Armatissimi e Liberissimi

Stop acting like the Republican party gives a $#@! about liberty. As far as bills go; we have nothing to show for it. As far as politicians go; we have Rand Paul, Thomas Massie, and Justin Amash. What have they accomplished? Not much. No bills passed and a lot of "no" votes.

Quote Originally Posted by fr33 View Post
    Stop acting like the Republican party gives a $#@! about liberty. As far as bills go; we have nothing to show for it. As far as politicians go; we have Rand Paul, Thomas Massie, and Justin Amash. What have they accomplished? Not much. No bills passed and a lot of "no" votes.
    Individual members don't pass bills, it's a team effort. Unfortunately the team hasn't been passing some of the bills.

We need to build a good team that is on the same page.

Also, we have to find a way to influence the mainstream media. They are too powerful at shaping public opinion.

I think that we all need to pull our resources and choose ONE liberty candidates to support for the Senate.

According to this article:

The folks over at MapLight recently used Federal Elections Commission data on the 2012 elections to work out just how much it costs to win a seat in Congress:

* House members, on average, each raised $1,689,580, an average of $2,315 every day during the 2012 cycle.
    * Senators, on average, each raised $10,476,451, an average of $14,351 every day during the 2012 cycle.
    Keep in mind that those number include the primary & general.

Can we get someone to challenge McCain or Graham?

So, ladies and gentlemen, let's choose wisely.
    Last edited by groverblue; 02-06-2016 at 02:02 AM.
    Sanity Check Radio Show
    http://www.SanityCheckRadioShow.com

You do realize that it takes a lot more than 1 senator and 2 congressmen to pass bills, right? The best you can hope for with such tiny numbers is a lot of "no" votes. Electing more people like them should be our chief aim, and doing so in the GOP makes a lot more sense than trying some futile 3rd party venture that will go nowhere.

Quote Originally Posted by hells_unicorn View Post
    You do realize that it takes a lot more than 1 senator and 2 congressmen to pass bills, right? The best you can hope for with such tiny numbers is a lot of "no" votes. Electing more people like them should be our chief aim, and doing so in the GOP makes a lot more sense than trying some futile 3rd party venture that will go nowhere.
    I agree. Third Party won't have any relevancy until we dismantle the Presidential Debate Commission that eliminates all third candidates.
    Sanity Check Radio Show
    http://www.SanityCheckRadioShow.com

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.

What's next for the liberty movement?

Bryan, I'm a site administrator. I'd like to coordinate with whatever you have in mind.

And from the look of the polls this year, we have a lot of education to do.
    Last edited by Bitcoin SEO Technologies; 02-06-2016 at 02:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Southron View Post
    Local/state elections have taken a back seat far too long IMO. I think most of the focus should be there. Good leaders will rise up from there.
    THIS! Go with the advice that Ron Paul gave us back in 2008. Focus on getting more Ron / Rand supporters into office at the state and local levels, and of course a few more in Congress can't hurt. We've been making incremental gains in getting good people in office since 2008. We need more Massies, Amashes, Rands, Lees, Yohos, and Gunnys. Massie started out at the County level, and where is he now? When mitch retires, where do you think he will end up? THIS is how we win! Forget all about the Presidential race for this election, we can still get good candidates on the ballots in many places and chalk up wins this year while attention is focused on cruz / trump / sanders. Just go into midterm mode, like we've done here before in 2010 and 2014.
    I have an autographed copy of Revolution: A Manifesto for sale. Mint condition, inquire within. (I don't sign in often, so please allow plenty of time for a response)

The best hope for actual progress towards liberty is the movements that bring liberty-minded people together in specific geographic areas. I'd like to see more about the multiple efforts currently doing this, as well as future projects:

- Free State Project
    - Austin movement
    - Peaceful parenting city (was somewhere in North Carolina or Tennessee I thought)
    - Jeff Berwick Anarchist movement Acapulco, Mexico
    - Free State Project West/Wyoming
    - Galt's Gulch Chile
    - Fort Galt Chile
    - any new or proposed projects or concentrations of liberty-minded people (more choices lets more liberty activists find a good fit for themselves and increases everyone's impact)

There's been a lot of books written recently on the effectiveness and advantages of network/multiplier effects that cause certain industries to consolidate in the same geographic region (tech in Silicon Valley, finance in New York and Charlotte, music in Nashville, etc) and it's the same or even more pronounced for liberty activism. Not everyone can move but even people who stay in less active, less liberty friendly places can still contribute.

Its much, much more than just getting enough people in an area to win votes. The multiplier effects of living near other people working on solving the same problems is incredibly important and something the liberty movement absolutely needs to take advantage of.
    Last edited by IDefendThePlatform; 02-06-2016 at 06:42 AM.

Nothing passes because the rest of the Congress is bull$#@!. Our focus should be getting rid of these guys. Challengers to McConnell, Ryan, McCain, Graham, just to name a few, should be supported by us vigorously. Greg Brannon versus Richard Burr right now is a prime example of where energy should go. Let's take them down one at a time.

Quote Originally Posted by IDefendThePlatform View Post
    Its much, much more than just getting enough people in an area to win votes. The multiplier effects of living near other people working on solving the same problems is incredibly important and something the liberty movement absolutely needs to take advantage of.
    I like that you mentioned multiplier effects... but it's "quaint" to believe that our two heads have to be in physical proximity to each other. Right now your head is in Iowa and my head is in California. Yet... here we are putting our heads together. Our two heads are better than one even though our heads are many miles apart.

What we can't do in this virtual space is spend. We can vote (rep)... but we can't spend. Does it make a difference that we can't spend? Well... it means that this virtual space isn't a market. Which is a problem because markets utilize infinitely more information than the alternative systems.

Imagine that every member on this forum was stranded together on an island. We could talk with each other... and rep each other... but we couldn't trade with each other. Would this be a good system? Of course not... it would be infinitely better if we could trade with each other. It would be infinitely better if we had a market on the island rather than a democracy.

It should be pretty straightforward that larger markets are better than smaller markets. No matter how large a physical market you created with libertarians... you could always create a larger virtual market.

Here are two way to turn this virtual space into a market...

1. Facilitate micropayments... Micropay, Vote Or Dance For Quality Content

2. Crowdfund advertisements. Right now the banner ad immediately above me says, "Building Futures... Medical Assistant". It's a stupid ad because it's entirely irrelevant to my preferences. Also... I'm guessing that these ads are the reason why this website utilizes so much of my computers resources. I just started writing this on another forum and, as a result, the resource usage plummeted.

Anyways, imagine if there was a page on this forum with links. I could paypal Bryan $5 dollars and he would add a link to my blog to the page. You could paypal Bryan $6 dollars and he would place a link to your blog above the link to my blog. If I received enough traffic from this website... then I would send Bryan another $5 dollars and he would place my link above your link. If somebody preferred your blog... then they could paypal Bryan and say, "Here's $5 dollars... add it to IDefendThePlatform's link."

The top 5 or so most funded links would be displayed on this website's homepage. Can you guess which links they would be? Why would you want to settle for guessing rather than knowing? Wouldn't you want to know which websites are the most valuable to the liberty movement? How could this information not be important?

All the liberty movement needs to do in order to win is to do a better job of accessing and utilizing the available information. Members of the liberty movement really don't need to be in the same general physical space in order to accomplish this. Thank goodness! All we need to do is to turn this virtual space into a market.

The best hope for actual progress towards liberty is the movements that bring liberty-minded people together in specific geographic areas. I'd like to see more about the multiple efforts currently doing this, as well as future projects:

- Free State Project
    - Austin movement
    - Peaceful parenting city (was somewhere in North Carolina or Tennessee I thought)
    - Jeff Berwick Anarchist movement Acapulco, Mexico
    - Free State Project West/Wyoming
    - Galt's Gulch Chile
    - Fort Galt Chile
    - any new or proposed projects or concentrations of liberty-minded people (more choices lets more liberty activists find a good fit for themselves and increases everyone's impact)

There's been a lot of books written recently on the effectiveness and advantages of network/multiplier effects that cause certain industries to consolidate in the same geographic region (tech in Silicon Valley, finance in New York and Charlotte, music in Nashville, etc) and it's the same or even more pronounced for liberty activism. Not everyone can move but even people who stay in less active, less liberty friendly places can still contribute.

More on the positive multiplier effects of living near other people working in the same industries:
    https://www.gsb.stanford.edu/insight...geography-jobs

Quote Originally Posted by Xerographica View Post
    I like that you mentioned multiplier effects... but it's "quaint" to believe that our two heads have to be in physical proximity to each other. Right now your head is in Iowa and my head is in California. Yet... here we are putting our heads together. Our two heads are better than one even though our heads are many miles apart.

What we can't do in this virtual space is spend. We can vote (rep)... but we can't spend. Does it make a difference that we can't spend? Well... it means that this virtual space isn't a market. Which is a problem because markets utilize infinitely more information than the alternative systems.

Imagine that every member on this forum was stranded together on an island. We could talk with each other... and rep each other... but we couldn't trade with each other. Would this be a good system? Of course not... it would be infinitely better if we could trade with each other. It would be infinitely better if we had a market on the island rather than a democracy.

It should be pretty straightforward that larger markets are better than smaller markets. No matter how large a physical market you created with libertarians... you could always create a larger virtual market.

Here are two way to turn this virtual space into a market...

1. Facilitate micropayments... Micropay, Vote Or Dance For Quality Content

2. Crowdfund advertisements. Right now the banner ad immediately above me says, "Building Futures... Medical Assistant". It's a stupid ad because it's entirely irrelevant to my preferences. Also... I'm guessing that these ads are the reason why this website utilizes so much of my computers resources. I just started writing this on another forum and, as a result, the resource usage plummeted.

Anyways, imagine if there was a page on this forum with links. I could paypal Bryan $5 dollars and he would add a link to my blog to the page. You could paypal Bryan $6 dollars and he would place a link to your blog above the link to my blog. If I received enough traffic from this website... then I would send Bryan another $5 dollars and he would place my link above your link. If somebody preferred your blog... then they could paypal Bryan and say, "Here's $5 dollars... add it to IDefendThePlatform's link."

The top 5 or so most funded links would be displayed on this website's homepage. Can you guess which links they would be? Why would you want to settle for guessing rather than knowing? Wouldn't you want to know which websites are the most valuable to the liberty movement? How could this information not be important?

All the liberty movement needs to do in order to win is to do a better job of accessing and utilizing the available information. Members of the liberty movement really don't need to be in the same general physical space in order to accomplish this. Thank goodness! All we need to do is to turn this virtual space into a market.
    There's still no substitute for physical proximity. Even the most tech-intensive, abstract fields do better when concentrated in geographic clusters, i.e. Silicon Valley. Some of the major advantages of this proximity are in that link I just posted. Examples are just the simple frequency of face to face meetings and discussions, the energy we all get from being around like minded people, always having a diversity of other activists to work with and draw on for support, the "10% effect" where all that's needed to bring about real change is to have 10% of people in a given population believing strongly in that one new idea. Technology helps shrink the world in certain ways for sure, but for the vast foreseeable future there will continue to be myriad advantages to physical geographic proximity.

The site is great the way it is. It lets us have a discussion about great ideas. I am fortunate to have some close friends that are hardcore liberty lovers. It is nice to have this forum as well.

Now on to the difficult question. How to acquire more liberty? I think it lies in the future. The young people that will eventually be middle aged and old people. They get their media from internet articles, streaming media, social media and web forums. The generation that gets their news from the TV and newspapers are fading. As it stands it is extremely difficult to break people like this from the propaganda that controls their minds.

So we need to work on new ways to capture the young generation and not just voting age eligible. Talk to kids that are in their teens about liberty. Their minds will be more receptive.

Liberty is something we cannot achieve in four years it will take generations as it took generations to get us into this form of fascism we find ourselves in.

So, onto some actions you can take.

1. Cancel your cable TV! Go internet only, get an antenna for basic channels over the air, Netflix for streaming(Making a murder is really waking young people up), Also Truth in media by Ben Swann is a great news source.
    2. Do not vote for the lesser of the two evils it is better to stay home and abstain from voting unless it is someone that will advance liberty.
    3. Get out of debt. The economy will not improve so if you are not loaded with debt it will help with the harder times ahead.
    4. Grow a garden. If you can get to the point where at least 20% - 40% of your food comes from your backyard you have gained a little bit of food independence.
    3. Donate to liberty causes, truth in media, this forum(I still haven,t donated but I will, lol) and many others. If your church does community outreach donate to them as well.
    4. Buy some gold,silver, have some physical cash no more then 25% of your portfolio
    5. Own at least one firearm and learn how to use it
    6. If you have kids do not put them in public brainwashing organizations(Public Schools) Home school or private school

Also, I would recommend not supporting personalities that are using the Liberty movement for wealth and power such as:

Alex Jones, Stefan Molyneux, Lew Rockwell, Justin Raimando, Curt Shultz(he is the superbrochure guy), and a few others. Some people on this list minus Alex claim to be purists yet they support an authoritarian fascist(Trump). They do not come out and endorse him but they post pro trump articles. They see the Trump movement as a way to increase their website viewership.

I understand it, but the fact is that we had a liberty candidate running, Rand Paul, and most of these personalities would $#@! all over his efforts because of minor disagreements.

I do not know if I can trust these people again.

Ok, If I think of anything else I will post it. Have a nice day.
    "They that can give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
    -Benjamin Franklin

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Heck this website is an example of physical proximity. Josh and Bryan met Face to Face at a local meetup and that's what gave them the energy and determination to make this thing a reality.
    Facebook was invented because Mark Zuckerberg met face to face with the winklevosses and they discussed an idea. Sometimes lone individuals come up with great ideas on their own but they almost always have been incubated with physical discussions and experiences with other people, not solely rooted online. Until we're all living our lives in virtual reality suits, physical proximity matters.

I think we should shift our focus to every other elected seat. Start a liberty score card, and rank every one who is elected or running for election on a scale. Make this site a goto place for people to evaluate candidates and their degree of liberty. Politicians like to tout where their NRA rating is or other private group ratings, so why not offer our own rating system.

I suggest repeating what has been most successful for our movement is a top priority.

That is, of course, Ron Paul presidential runs. We need to do that again, with different people, using Ron Paul's strategy. That strategy is something we deliberately did not use in 2016, and I hope we are learning that was a mistake.

Winning smaller political offices has minimal effect and should not be a top priority... it's more something that will happen spontaneously as we change minds across the country. If Ron retired in 2007 instead of running, he would have been a great Congressman but he would not have really helped the liberty movement that much. That only happened when he stepped up to the megaphone of a presidential campaign. We're not going to win by simply changing out the politicians one by one. You can't build a majority like that and not have the underlying support of liberty among the masses.

(Something else we need to prioritize is self-education. I have fallen way behind in book reading myself :/)
    Last edited by K466; 02-06-2016 at 12:46 PM.
    "Gradualism in theory is perpetuity in practice." ~ William Lloyd Garrison
    STRATEGY: Three Essential Guidelines for the Liberty Movement

Liberty Policy Journal
    Striking at the Root

On thing that has really been on my mind lately is poll and vote tally.

As a programmer I strongly believe that black box online polls (and likely public voting) are HACKED.

I think we should be taking a two pronged approach to this:

1) hacking online polls and publishing our hacks

2) outreach to web poll publishers and local elections to push for open source blockchain voting

'We endorse the idea of voluntarism; self-responsibility: Family, friends, and churches to solve problems, rather than saying that some monolithic government is going to make you take care of yourself and be a better person. It's a preposterous notion: It never worked, it never will. The government can't make you a better person; it can't make you follow good habits.' - Ron Paul 1988

Awareness is the Root of Liberation Revolution is Action upon Revelation

'Resistance and Disobedience in Economic Activity is the Most Moral Human Action Possible' - SEK3

Flectere si nequeo superos, Acheronta movebo.

...the familiar ritual of institutional self-absolution...
    ...for protecting them, by mock trial, from punishment...

Don't see the PM feature, but I would be interested in helping out. We can't sit on our hands, thats for sure.

There's still no substitute for physical proximity. Even the most tech-intensive, abstract fields do better when concentrated in geographic clusters, i.e. Silicon Valley. Some of the major advantages of this proximity are in that link I just posted. Examples are just the simple frequency of face to face meetings and discussions, the energy we all get from being around like minded people, always having a diversity of other activists to work with and draw on for support, the "10% effect" where all that's needed to bring about real change is to have 10% of people in a given population believing strongly in that one new idea. Technology helps shrink the world in certain ways for sure, but for the vast foreseeable future there will continue to be myriad advantages to physical geographic proximity.
    I took a class at UCLA on agglomeration... so I definitely understand the concept. But I also understand the concept of spending. And when I compare the two concepts... I'm pretty sure that spending is infinitely more important.

Check out this libertarian blogroll. Which of those websites do you value most? Which of those websites do I value most? Does it matter? Does it matter which of those websites are the most valuable to the liberty movement? Of course it matters... which is why the Ron Paul Forums should have its own blogroll that would be sorted by crowdfunding. This is infinitely easier and more valuable than trying to get a bunch of libertarians to move to New Hampshire or Honduras.

When I was stationed in Afghanistan... I quickly realized that the war wasn't about more soldiers or bigger bombs... it was about information. And we sucked at organizing information. We just happened to suck slightly less than our opponents.

Right now the liberty movement is just as bad as its opponents at organizing information. We produce a heck of a lot of information... but we fail to sort it according to its value to the movement. As a result... valuable information is buried under mountains and mountains of worthless information. We need to use our money to dig the most valuable information from beneath the mountain and make it as accessible as possible.

I echo the comments on the need to focus more on state and local campaigns, and national projects that restore constitutional governance (i.e., strict limits on the federal government). We should add electing more constitutional sheriffs (to head off more fed land grabs and tragedies like the Oregon standoff), and more locally-geared "Free Town Projects" to elect liberty town or city councils in places where they appoint the sheriffs.

In terms of national candidates, we've got to field pro-liberty candidates who are also conservative evangelicals, and/or Tea Party fiscal populists, especially in Iowa or New Hampshire region, in order to have more built-in access to the major voting blocs needed to win the early primary contests.
    -----Peace & Freedom, John Clifton-----
    Blog: https://electclifton.wordpress.com/2...back-backlash/

Quote Originally Posted by Bryan View Post
    How can we build towards liberty? What is the best thing to do?
    I see spreading truth among all the MSM lies, as the path towards liberty. To me (a no-body here), this site is a valuable source of alternative information, with a nice collection of interesting people- priceless.

Note- I live in California, so voting has ALWAYS been as pointless as the politicians that end up in office. One example- as a boy, I picketed Barbra Boxer's office with my mother... many years (and votes) later BB rules on.

IMO little truth drips are the answer to spreading liberty...

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    As other have said, Congressional, State, and local races should be given higher priority.

We need to not only identify libertarian/libertarian-ish candidates already running, we need to build up a stable of people to run.

A Rand Paul, who goes from doctor straight to US Senator, is quite unusual. Most politicians pass through the maius maiorum: county/municipal, state, federal.

It's pretty easy/cheap to win local races in most parts of the country (i.e. not major cities), state too.

Say if we want a majority in the US House in the future, that's 218 Reps.

We need a multiple of that number in state legislatures (only the best of the bunch would go on to federal office).

And, in turn, a multiple of that number in local government (only the best of those go on to state office).

Our failure to elect enough of our people is often explained in terms of money and media, which is certainly a huge factor, but we also lack qualified candidates. Build up the stable. This approach will also give our movement some much needed confidence and momentum; we will actually start winning more elections than we lose, even if most are lower level offices.

P.S. For an idea of how much bang for the buck we could get on state-level campaigns:

http://classic.followthemoney.org//p...ml?r=420&ext=2

Legislative Chamber Number of Candidates in the General Election Average Raised Median Raised
    Senate 2,266 $157,699 $55,501
    House/Assembly 8,883 $68,490 $20,540
    TOTAL 11,149 $86,622 $25,165

So, with a mere $1 million per cycle, for instance, we could run as many as 50 state legislative candidates.

...and it gets cheaper over time: it costs a lot less to defend a seat than to win one in the first place.

Which States to target?

State Senate Total Senate Average House Total House Average
    Alaska $862,007 $86,201 $2,728,693 $68,217
    Arizona $2,549,830 $84,994 $4,677,152 $155,905
    Arkansas $2,017,603 $112,089 $4,236,952 $42,370
    California $28,245,063 $1,412,253 $71,079,242 $888,491
    Colorado $2,401,834 $126,412 $5,341,734 $82,181
    Connecticut $5,207,196 $144,644 $5,262,324 $34,850
    Delaware $1,000,905 $100,090 $2,286,889 $55,778
    Florida $11,259,735 $536,178 $25,876,533 $215,638
    Georgia $6,258,805 $111,764 $11,538,108 $64,101
    Hawaii $1,930,180 $160,848 $2,791,154 $54,729
    Idaho $1,535,698 $43,877 $2,376,609 $33,952
    Illinois $22,733,532 $568,338 $39,569,825 $335,338
    Indiana $3,480,374 $139,215 $16,654,890 $166,549
    Iowa $5,042,923 $201,717 $15,269,249 $152,692
    Kansas $5,204,004 $130,100 $5,015,513 $40,124
    Kentucky $4,840,809 $254,779 $4,726,520 $47,265
    Louisiana $16,687,268 $427,879 $19,770,577 $190,102
    Maine $1,775,707 $50,734 $1,632,899 $10,814
    Massachusetts $7,361,231 $184,031 $12,484,305 $78,027
    Michigan N/A N/A $13,062,027 $118,746
    Minnesota N/A N/A $8,191,541 $61,131
    Mississippi $4,544,606 $87,396 $5,529,492 $45,324
    Missouri $7,480,507 $440,030 $13,127,303 $80,536
    Montana $668,772 $26,751 $1,609,957 $16,100
    Nebraska $2,874,728 $110,566 N/A N/A
    Nevada $4,429,850 $442,985 $7,843,936 $186,760
    New Hampshire $2,524,485 $105,187 $460,594 $4,472
    New Jersey $22,013,042 $550,326 $19,183,526 $479,588
    New Mexico $3,519,670 $83,802 $3,621,026 $51,729
    New York $43,866,132 $707,518 $21,566,093 $143,774
    North Carolina $14,530,667 $290,613 $13,215,479 $110,129
    North Dakota $437,998 $19,043 $395,533 $17,197
    Ohio $10,519,593 $657,475 $33,231,610 $335,673
    Oklahoma $6,607,587 $275,316 $9,554,982 $94,604
    Oregon $2,735,938 $170,996 $15,927,576 $265,460
    Pennsylvania $19,325,222 $773,009 $43,286,041 $213,232
    Rhode Island $1,540,254 $40,533 $2,357,104 $31,428
    South Carolina $8,936,420 $194,270 $6,682,497 $53,891
    South Dakota $1,956,772 $55,908 $1,380,636 $37,314
    Tennessee $6,525,315 $407,832 $7,931,285 $80,114
    Texas $17,582,391 $1,172,159 $64,472,778 $429,819
    Utah $2,039,254 $135,950 $3,439,687 $45,862
    Vermont $403,797 $31,061 $778,987 $7,213
    Virginia $29,672,959 $741,824 $31,530,213 $315,302
    Washington $6,030,548 $231,944 $14,774,173 $150,757
    West Virginia $1,887,409 $111,024 $3,551,687 $61,236
    Wisconsin $4,072,434 $254,527 $7,655,752 $77,331
    Wyoming $224,039 $14,002 $719,877 $11,998

Cross reference this information with the states where Ron did best, where C4L, YAL et al have the most members, and other relevant factors about either the ease of winning or the benefits of doing so (e.g. states that are earlier in the Presidential primary process might be weighted more heavily, all else being equal), and we can make a ranked list of states in which we should focus our efforts.
    Last edited by r3volution 3.0; 02-06-2016 at 12:26 PM.

Those who still believe in the electoral process should consider getting term limits for congress passed. I know all the arguments against it. But there aren't enough good guys to make it worth allowing all the career-corrupt-creeps to continue ruining this country. A movement has already started for it.
    Diversity finds unity in the message of freedom.

Dilige et quod vis fac. ~ Saint Augustine

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    Above all I think everyone needs to understand that neither the Bundys nor Finicum were militia or had prior military training. They were, first and foremost, Ranchers who had about all the shit they could take.
    Quote Originally Posted by HOLLYWOOD View Post
    If anything, this situation has proved the government is nothing but a dictatorship backed by deadly force... no different than the dictatorships in the banana republics, just more polished and cleverly propagandized.
    "I'll believe in good cops when they start turning bad cops in."

Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post
    In a free society there will be bigotry, and racism, and sexism and religious disputes and, and, and.......
    I don't want to live in a cookie cutter, federally mandated society.
    Give me messy freedom every time!

Quote Originally Posted by groverblue View Post
    Can we get someone to challenge McCain or Graham?
    Kelly Ward is challenging McCain and doing a good job so far.

I think we need to start more basic than even state and local campaigns.

We need to start with simple liberty education. No one will vote for anyone without being enlightened to freedom.

Quote Originally Posted by 65fastback2+2 View Post
    I think we need to start more basic than even state and local campaigns.

We need to start with simple liberty education. No one will vote for anyone without being enlightened to freedom.
    This ^^^
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

Quote Originally Posted by invisible View Post
    THIS! Go with the advice that Ron Paul gave us back in 2008. Focus on getting more Ron / Rand supporters into office at the state and local levels, and of course a few more in Congress can't hurt. We've been making incremental gains in getting good people in office since 2008. We need more Massies, Amashes, Rands, Lees, Yohos, and Gunnys. Massie started out at the County level, and where is he now? When mitch retires, where do you think he will end up? THIS is how we win! Forget all about the Presidential race for this election, we can still get good candidates on the ballots in many places and chalk up wins this year while attention is focused on cruz / trump / sanders. Just go into midterm mode, like we've done here before in 2010 and 2014.
    I am too busy in my real life to do anything but try to earn a living. But I agree with this.

I got a feedback from someone who said that working inside the system was never going to work. But the left has made it work. I think that we have to start from the bottom up, and getting legislators elected at the state and local level is the best way to lay the groundwork for future victories.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast