Thread: The least bad candidate?

The least bad candidate?

I've seen a lo of discussion about whether or not it is a good idea to support any of the remaining Republicans and Democrats even if a particular candidate is very distant from the liberty movement. But just as an intellectual exercise, who would you argue is the least bad one of the "major" parties' candidates, regardless of whether you could or should support that person?

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I've been wondering this myself. The determination I've come to is that they're all $#@!ing awful.

Ted Cruz, because he is a fiscal conservative with better positions on civil liberties and foreign policy than the others in the field.

Quote Originally Posted by Erazer View Post
    Ted Cruz, because he is a fiscal conservative with better positions on civil liberties and foreign policy than the others in the field.
    How do we know that?

Quote Originally Posted by fcreature View Post
    How do we know that?
    His voting record in the Senate and his presidential campaign platform.

Here is 100% proof you can trust him:

If he was not trustworthy, consistent and a real conservative, he wouldn't be standing in front of a sign like that now would he?
    “I don’t think that there will be any curtailing of Donald Trump as president,” he said. "He controls the media, he controls the sentiment [and] he controls everybody. He’s the one who will resort to executive orders more so than [President] Obama ever used them." - Ron Paul

Yea, you mean his voting record on the audit the fed bill right? Oh wait, that's right the little bitch never showed up.

How did he vote on Audit the Fed bill and USA FREEDOM Act?
    “I don’t think that there will be any curtailing of Donald Trump as president,” he said. "He controls the media, he controls the sentiment [and] he controls everybody. He’s the one who will resort to executive orders more so than [President] Obama ever used them." - Ron Paul

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Quote Originally Posted by Fivezeroes View Post
    Yea, you mean his voting record on the audit the fed bill right? Oh wait, that's right the little bitch never showed up.
    One vote, and if he were there, he would have voted for it. He has made hundreds of excellent votes during the 113th congress.

Quote Originally Posted by CPUd View Post
    How did he vote on Audit the Fed bill and USA FREEDOM Act?

"How do ye vote Senator Cruz"?

Let it be known that Senator Cruz is absent he was too much of a bitch to show up for a bill he signed on to.

One vote, and if he were there, he would have voted for it. He has made hundreds of excellent votes during the 113th congress.

A VOTE HE CO-SPONSORED. Holy $#@! you Cruz supporters irk the $#@! outta me. He is about as conservative as Hitlery Clinton.

A bunch of debbie downers.

Some of you just need to look more on the bright side.
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

If Sanders would modify some of his positions and seek Rand for VP I would vote that ticket.

Quote Originally Posted by TheTexan View Post
    A bunch of debbie downers.

Some of you just need to look more on the bright side.

Hard to get behind a wolf in sheep clothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Schifference View Post
    If Sanders would modify some of his positions and seek Rand for VP I would vote that ticket.

Could you imagine a Dem and a Rep running together, almost unheard of.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    That's why he wasn't there. So that he could avoid voting for it.

Now that he's running for president and gets most of his funding from people who don't want the Fed audited, you don't think that affects his position any?

Quote Originally Posted by Fivezeroes View Post
    Could you imagine a Dem and a Rep running together, almost unheard of.
    Might just be what Sanders needs to beat Clinton. Sanders then Rand for 8.

I would/will vote for him. But he isn't really good on any of those things. He flip flopped or has given very muddy signals on virtually every contentious issue. That isn't the worst thing but his flip flops on issues like criminal justice and TPA were just naked pandering. There is no excuse. He changed for political reasons. I wouldn't describe him as passable or reasonable on foreign policy.

Cruz, I guess. I won't be defending him, donating or making any effort at all for him. I just decided he was least worst since Rand quit. I could care less what anyone on RPF thinks.

Quote Originally Posted by CPUd View Post
    Here is 100% proof you can trust him:

If he was not trustworthy, consistent and a real conservative, he wouldn't be standing in front of a sign like that now would he?
    Trus Ted? A TRUS is a Trans Rectal UltraSound. O_o Sounds about right, actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

Trump.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Least bad? none of the people running that aren't bad guys are capable of winning, the system is rigged and we will get a bad president regardless of who you pull the trigger on. Unless Ron or Rand endorse someone then you are just going to get troll replies from sock puppet accounts from other candidates.

I don't care if Cruz is marginally better than the others. He is the worst choice. Here is why:

He is not conservative/libertarian enough to follow through on what we need him to do.
    He is only conservative /libertarian enough to get us blamed for his failures.
    "This here's Miss Bonnie Parker. I'm Clyde Barrow. We rob banks."

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Isaac Bickerstaff View Post
    I don't care if Cruz is marginally better than the others. He is the worst choice. Here is why:

He is not conservative/libertarian enough to follow through on what we need him to do.
    He is only conservative /libertarian enough to get us blamed for his failures.
    This- some people on here were not right with Rand taking the liberty support to Washington because he might soil the reputation and ideology with it. Why would we accept someone who is even further from the spectrum of reason and realism. This is the reason why Rand dropped out, he doesn't want to completely destroy the liberty movement brand completely like Bush did to the neocon/republican brand.

I will be backing Donald Trump in the GOP primary.

One thing I genuinely believe he is serious about is closing the border, which would be a genuine change to the status quo.

I would ultimately support open borders in a truly libertarian state--a state in which the welfare magnets were turned off--but, barring that, the borders must be closed. The people coming across the border now will do nothing but vote for more and more welfare and a more and more leftist state. The longer that goes on, the harder our fight becomes. If the Donald can at least put a stop to the torrent at our border, he will make things easier on us for 2020/2024.

Also, Bloomberg has only said he'll run if it is Trump vs Sanders in the general. I'd like Bloomberg to jump in and run a viable campaign. Not because I like Bloomberg, but because a viable third candidate will break the illusion of there only being two choices.

So, at the risk of neg reps, I confess that with Rand out of the race I will be backing Trump in the GOP primary, not Cruz.
    I too have been a close observer of the doings of the Bank of the United States...When you won, you divided the profits amongst you, and when you lost, you charged it to the bank...You are a den of vipers and thieves. I have determined to rout you out, and by the Eternal, I will rout you out!

Andrew Jackson, 1834

His record and flip flops on many policies suggest otherwise. Can't trust what the man says at this point.

Supporting Member
    North Carolina

Trump, I think. I won't be voting for him though, and I discourage anyone else from doing so
    Equality is a false god.

Armatissimi e Liberissimi