Thread: We´re Unhappiest When We're Working

We´re Unhappiest When We're Working

http://www.medicaldaily.com/mappines...ick-bed-372186

The Mappiness App Finds If People Are Sick In Bed Or Working, They Are Unhappy
    Each day, the average American spends about 8.9 hours at work, amounting to about 44 hours a week. According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, that’s more time than any other activity we do each day. For all the time we spend at work, you’d think we’d all be doing something we like. But new research from the UK finds that, aside from being sick, being at work results in the least happiness.

Researchers from the University of Sussex and London School of Economics used an app called Mappiness to find how happy people were at random times of the day. The app randomly sends users to questions about what they’re currently doing and how they’re feeling. Over a million responses were included in the study, which revealed that after being sick, being at work caused the least happiness. Being at work caused happiness levels to drop up to 8 percent compared to other activities outside of the office, the study found.

"Although we may be positive about our jobs when reflecting on the meaning and purpose they give us, and the money they provide, actually engaging in paid work comes at a significant psychological cost,” said Mappiness creator Dr. George MacKerron, an economist at the University of Sussex, in a press release. "It appears that work is highly negatively associated with momentary wellbeing — work really is disutility, as economists have traditionally assumed. At any given moment, we would rather be doing almost anything else."

Full article on link.

---

I got just two words for ya: Duh. Ok, so I failed math, I went to public skool.

Perhaps it isnt the fact that we are working, but most of us, for the jobs we do, we do not feel like we are receiving commensurate compensation for the work we do or labor we provide. Just my two cents, but remember, I cant count for $#@!...
    1776 > 1984

The FAILURE of the United States Government to operate and maintain an
    Honest Money System , which frees the ordinary man from the clutches of the money manipulators, is the single largest contributing factor to the World's current Economic Crisis.

The Elimination of Privacy is the Architecture of Genocide

Belief, Money, and Violence are the three ways all people are controlled

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Our central bank is not privately owned.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    https://www.facebook.com/ScienceNatu...9987549800172/

I cannot find a youtube of this but it is a short video presenting awesome machines. Soon most of us won't have work to do.

my work is different.
    the work itself is not glamorous. but the $#@!ing results sure are.
    is your product inventory safe tonight? will your store have ice tomorrow? the other day I repaired a floor furnace....

my only problem with my work is this. it keeps the system going...
    "If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough." - Albert Einstein

"for I have sworn upon the altar of god eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man. - Thomas Jefferson.

//
    Last edited by specsaregood; 05-21-2016 at 11:34 PM.

I probably have the most awesome job of anyone. I don't make a lot of money doing it, but it is a very fun job in a beautiful place. I work hard, but it's almost like playtime every day.
    #NashvilleStrong

“I’m a doctor. That’s a baby.”~~~Dr. Manny Sethi

When your job is also your hobby it can be very therapeutic. Never had a bad day working as a Brewmaster.

Carpentering brings me joy.

Taking rough materials and transforming them into somebody's vision is in itself rewarding...

Striving to master the countless aspects of the trade will occupy a talented man for a lifetime.