Thread: Paul Ryan to Tea Party: You are the problem

Paul Ryan to Tea Party: You are the problem

This bodes well for Ryan's leadership. In other words, just stop fighting it and embrace the bifactional ruling party's progressive suck.

Is the Tea Party even a thing anymore?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs...e-the-problem/

Today, Paul Ryan gave a fascinating speech at Heritage Action, a tea party-allied organization that has fashioned itself as the guardian of conservative purity. The speech called for unity. “To quote William Wallace in Braveheart,” he said, “we have to unite the clans.”

But his speech was actually a repudiation of everything the tea party has done. Not only that, Ryan also took shots at the congressional Republican leadership, and even the current GOP presidential candidates. He didn’t call anyone out by name, but if you understand what’s happening now and the conflict that has roiled the Republican Party for the last seven years, the critique was hard to miss.

[...] It’s hard to tell where Ryan draws the line between real issues and distractions, but every time you define an issue as the latter, you’re telling some major Republican constituency to shut its mouth.

[...] Ryan also says: “we can’t let how you vote on an amendment to an appropriations bill define what it means to be a conservative.” This, too, is a direct shot at the tea party. The argument they’ve made over and over is that things like how you vote on an amendment do indeed define what it means to be a conservative. Since ideological differences within the party have been reduced almost to nothing, those kinds of decisions are what supposedly separate the believers from the apostates.
    It's wild how presstitutes don't even try to hide their ideology.
    Based on the idea of natural rights, government secures those rights to the individual by strictly negative intervention, making justice costless and easy of access; and beyond that it does not go. The State, on the other hand, both in its genesis and by its primary intention, is purely anti-social. It is not based on the idea of natural rights, but on the idea that the individual has no rights except those that the State may provisionally grant him. It has always made justice costly and difficult of access, and has invariably held itself above justice and common morality whenever it could advantage itself by so doing.
    --Albert J. Nock

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Paul Ryan go eat a dick.

Ryan also says: “we can’t let how you vote on an amendment to an appropriations bill define what it means to be a conservative.”
    Sure. It's only about voting on the omnibus, and if you vote against it, you are a terrorist. And whatever you do, don't score the vote on cloture.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Someone needs to blow Paul Ryan to kingdom come. He is a sorry son of a bitch. A weasel, a piece of dog dung.... loser, criminal. And those are his best points !!

we can’t let how you vote on an amendment to an appropriations bill define what it means to be a conservative.
    Uh, wouldn't that depend entirely upon the context of the spending being sought?
    The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding one’s self in the ranks of the insane.” — Marcus Aurelius

They’re not buying it. CNN, you dumb bastards!” — President Trump 2020

Consilio et Animis de Oppresso Liber

I'm not really surprised, Paul Ryan was always a weasel. He also has a very punchable face.

can this piece of fascist $#@! be de-elected.

Just another puppet ranting his masters terms.
    FJB

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Exactly as I predicted.

I really would rather be wrong about this stuff.

Sorry , I must pass on the progressive suck . Not my thing .

“To quote William Wallace in Braveheart,” [Paul Ryan] said, “we have to unite the clans.”
    So the double-talking $#@! who said this:

"This bill offends my principles, but I'm going to vote for this bill in order to preserve my principles ..."

has the unscrupled gall to cite William Wallace from Braveheart ...

I think I'm going to be ill.

Ryan also says: “we can’t let how you vote on an amendment to an appropriations bill define what it means to be a conservative.”
    I would point out that while "how you vote on an amendment to an appropriations bill" may not "define what it means to be a conservative," it is certainly the case that "what it means to be a conservative" defines "how you [should] vote on an amendment to an appropriations bill." I would - but what two-faced, mealy-mouthed snakes like Ryan mean by "conservative" is "someone who seeks to 'conserve' whatever it is that liberals did twenty years ago."

(Or to paraphrase Ambrose Bierce: "a conservative is one who is enamored of existing evils, as distinct from the liberal, who wishes to replace them with new ones.")
    Last edited by Occam's Banana; 02-05-2016 at 01:48 AM.
    The Bastiat Collection · FREE PDF · FREE EPUB · PAPER
    Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

• "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law."
      -- The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
      -- Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      -- Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      -- Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

· tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ·

"Integrity" demands that one's actions are in concert with one's values.

"Conservative" is a noun derived from the verb "to conserve".
    All modern revolutions have ended in a reinforcement of the power of the State.
    -Albert Camus

Quote Originally Posted by otherone View Post
    "Conservative" is a noun derived from the verb "to conserve".
    Unless you are talking about the military... In that case, conserve means spend as much as possible to blow up everything you see.
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

Quote Originally Posted by Occam's Banana View Post
    I would point out that while "how you vote on an amendment to an appropriations bill" may not "define what it means to be a conservative," it is certainly the case that "what it means to be a conservative" defines "how you [should] vote on an amendment to an appropriations bill." I would - but what two-faced, mealy-mouthed snakes like Ryan mean by "conservative" is "someone who seeks to 'conserve' whatever it is that liberals did twenty years ago."

(Or to paraphrase Ambrose Bierce: "a conservative is one who is enamored of existing evils, as distinct from the liberal, who wishes to replace them with new ones.")
    There are also some of us who have been trying to conserve the principles upon which this country was founded. We are losing, of course. But, if we hadn't been trying, the country would likely have been gone long before now. I haven't done much of anything in the big picture of things, but those who came before me sure did.
    Last edited by LibertyEagle; 02-05-2016 at 08:00 AM.
    ================
    Open Borders: A Libertarian Reappraisal or why only dumbasses and cultural marxists are for it.

Cultural Marxism: The Corruption of America

The Property Basis of Rights

Quote Originally Posted by CaptUSA View Post
    Unless you are talking about the military... In that case, conserve means spend as much as possible to blow up everything you see.
    Yeah, the term has been co-opted for sure. Just like "libertarian" has.
    ================
    Open Borders: A Libertarian Reappraisal or why only dumbasses and cultural marxists are for it.

Cultural Marxism: The Corruption of America

The Property Basis of Rights

Quote Originally Posted by LibertyEagle View Post
    There are also some of us who have been trying to conserve the principles upon which this country was founded. We are losing, of course. But, if we hadn't been trying, the country would likely have been gone long before now. I haven't done much of anything in the big picture of things, but those who came before me sure did.
    Yes. I was referring to the kind of TARP-supporting "conservatism" of Paul "Medicare Part D" Ryan (or Newt "FDR was the greatest president of the 20th century" Gingrich, or etc.).

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dianne View Post
    Someone needs to blow Paul Ryan to kingdom come. He is a sorry son of a bitch. A weasel, a piece of dog dung.... loser, criminal. And those are his best points !!
    May I add another one of his greatest attributes? He is a pathological liar who claimed to have run a marathon in "two hours and fifty-something" when his actual time was more than four hours. There is something particularly creepy about people that lie about their athletic achievements.

On another note, the tea party seems very inarticulate in creating a mainstream narrative about why "going along to get along" is unacceptable. We continue to allow ourselves to be vilified for lack of this. It seems like only Alex Jones or Catherine Austin Fitts or Stephan Molyneux are willing and able to spell it out.

Quote Originally Posted by anaconda View Post
    May I add another one of his greatest attributes? He is a pathological liar who claimed to have run a marathon in "two hours and fifty-something" when his actual time was more than four hours. There is something particularly creepy about people that lie about their athletic achievements.

On another note, the tea party seems very inarticulate in creating a mainstream narrative about why "going along to get along" is unacceptable. We continue to allow ourselves to be vilified for lack of this. It seems like only Alex Jones or Catherine Austin Fitts or Stephan Molyneux are willing and able to spell it out.

I ran a half marathon and have a bunch of friends who are into marathons. I can tell you 100% no one forgets their time. These are events in an individual's life by a runner that aren't just "forgotten." Anyone that's ever run one of these things can tell you with 90 - 100% accuracy their old times. No one accidentally says a time hours apart from reality. That's just complete BS that he forgot or misspoke. He's a $#@!ing liar, and must have felt his score wasn't heroic enough so tried to make it sound more awesome. I wonder what inferiority complex the man has where he has to stretch the truth about his accomplishments and also try to "fit in" as a good and proper conservative. $#@! this guy.

Quote Originally Posted by LibertyEagle View Post
    Yeah, the term has been co-opted for sure. Just like "libertarian" has.
    Despite some people misusing the term, libertarian had/has a rigorous definition; "tea party" never did.

...just like "conservative,' for that matter.