Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: In prep for 2020, we need to start banking money for Rand

In prep for 2020, we need to start banking money for Rand

We have less than four years to bank $2800/each. It's not going to be easy, but he needs to some out of the gates with a cool $20M. It's going to take roughly 7,000 of us to do that. We're looking at $70/month/each.
    Sanity Check Radio Show
    http://www.SanityCheckRadioShow.com

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I'm in. And if he doesn't run or no other liberty candidate runs, I will buy a new guitar.
    "I am commonly opposed to those who modestly assume the rank of champions of liberty, and make a very patriotic noise about the people. It is the stale artifice which has duped the world a thousand times, and yet, though detected, it is still successful."

--Fisher Ames (1789)

While admirable, we all should be spending $70/month on guns and ammo first to prepare for when they finally collapse this entire joint.

Quote Originally Posted by 65fastback2+2 View Post
    While admirable, we all should be spending $70/month on guns and ammo first to prepare for when they finally collapse this entire joint.
    Lol. They'll confiscate your guns long before we take the plung. But hey whatever makes you happy!!

Everyone should buy bitcoin now and in 4 years-ish it will be way higher in price, thus your purchasing power for Rand or whomever will be that much higher. Go back to bitcoin's 2012 prices and see where we're at today. The jury rests and that's right I said it! Saving in a bank for this future endeavor is just an lol. No offense to the OP.

I'm all in, if Ron going to run. Rand doesn't have it in him.

Quote Originally Posted by Dianne View Post
    I'm all in, if Ron going to run. Rand doesn't have it in him.
    Ok, let's not live in the past, Ron is going to be way too old, just let the man enjoy his retirement and occasional trolling of the political system.

And for the OP, yes great thread, I'm totally down and hopefully I'll be able to max out and give a lot to the super pacs as well by then.
    THE SQUAD of RPF
    1. enhanced_deficit - Paid Troll / John Bolton book promoter
    2. Devil21 - LARPing Wizard, fake magical script reader
    3. Firestarter - Tax Troll; anti-tax = "criminal behavior"
    4. TheCount - Comet Pizza Pedo Denier <-- sick

@Ehanced_Deficit's real agenda on RPF =troll:

Who spends this much time copy/pasting the same recycled links, photos/talking points.

7 yrs/25k posts later RPF'ers still respond to this troll

Quote Originally Posted by groverblue View Post
    We have less than four years to bank $2800/each. It's not going to be easy, but he needs to some out of the gates with a cool $20M. It's going to take roughly 7,000 of us to do that. We're looking at $70/month/each.
    Invest into your own savings account..don't waste your $

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainAmerica View Post
    Invest into your own savings account..don't waste your $
    Donating to political causes was never a financial investment (at least for normal folk like us).
    THE SQUAD of RPF
    1. enhanced_deficit - Paid Troll / John Bolton book promoter
    2. Devil21 - LARPing Wizard, fake magical script reader
    3. Firestarter - Tax Troll; anti-tax = "criminal behavior"
    4. TheCount - Comet Pizza Pedo Denier <-- sick

@Ehanced_Deficit's real agenda on RPF =troll:

Who spends this much time copy/pasting the same recycled links, photos/talking points.

7 yrs/25k posts later RPF'ers still respond to this troll

Rand doesn't stand for re-election til 2022 though...

Ya'll need to start saving for 2018 and volunteering with you local candidates now.
    In New Zealand:
    The Coastguard is a Charity
    Air Traffic Control is a private company run on user fees
    The DMV is a private non-profit
    Rescue helicopters and ambulances are operated by charities and are plastered with corporate logos
    The agriculture industry has zero subsidies
    5% of the national vote, gets you 5 seats in Parliament
    A tax return has 4 fields
    Business licenses aren't a thing
    Prostitution is legal
    We have a constitutional right to refuse any type of medical care

Agreed OP

In that scenario, your funds may be better spent on airfare (flights from the US to Montevideo run substantially less than $2800).

Quote Originally Posted by eleganz View Post
    Ok, let's not live in the past, Ron is going to be way too old, just let the man enjoy his retirement and occasional trolling of the political system.

And for the OP, yes great thread, I'm totally down and hopefully I'll be able to max out and give a lot to the super pacs as well by then.
    Ron should just run as 3rd party and troll the GOP lol. I swear to god he should run right now and $#@! up Cruz and the others. rofl. I would donate 20 dollars right now if Ron runs just as a spoiler.

Rand had no excuse to run as pathetic a campaign as he did. He had advantages starting out that any other candidate would envy and did nothing with them. Not only did he inherit his father's massive political network, but the political conditions were absolutely perfect - a deeply dissatisfied electorate angry at the establishment seeking someone different, and Rand was the guy tailor-made for that anti-establishment outsider role.

And then Rand spent the whole campaign trying to convince people he was establishment, and no different.

I have to wonder: did he intend to lose? Because I don't see any good explanation as to how we got to this point at this time unless he did. Or alternatively, his political staff is historically incompetent.

Regardless, a guy who has all the right positions is worthless to us if he's drowned in incompetence, and the Achilles' heel of the Paul family is nepotism and cronyism, which led to them being advised and guided by morons.

The Pauls are not the winners we are looking for. It is time to find new champions - preferably enough of them, that should one turn out to be like the Pauls, there will be alternatives to turn to.

Maybe we should go back to looking into plan B, you know the one where we start a chip in and just buy a private island..

I fear this country is too far gone to be saved by the ballot box at this point...

Quote Originally Posted by idiom View Post
    Rand doesn't stand for re-election til 2022 though...

Ya'll need to start saving for 2018 and volunteering with you local candidates now.
    + primary Cruz and Steve King in 2018, cause you know at least 1 of those $#@!s will go again for POTUS in 2020.
    “I don’t think that there will be any curtailing of Donald Trump as president,” he said. "He controls the media, he controls the sentiment [and] he controls everybody. He’s the one who will resort to executive orders more so than [President] Obama ever used them." - Ron Paul

Quote Originally Posted by LibertyRevolution View Post
    Maybe we should go back to looking into plan B, you know the one where we start a chip in and just buy a private island..

I fear this country is too far gone to be saved by the ballot box at this point...
    New Zealand has a pretty decent moat. If the FSP came here instead they would seismically move the political sphere further to freedom.
    In New Zealand:
    The Coastguard is a Charity
    Air Traffic Control is a private company run on user fees
    The DMV is a private non-profit
    Rescue helicopters and ambulances are operated by charities and are plastered with corporate logos
    The agriculture industry has zero subsidies
    5% of the national vote, gets you 5 seats in Parliament
    A tax return has 4 fields
    Business licenses aren't a thing
    Prostitution is legal
    We have a constitutional right to refuse any type of medical care

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    “I don’t think that there will be any curtailing of Donald Trump as president,” he said. "He controls the media, he controls the sentiment [and] he controls everybody. He’s the one who will resort to executive orders more so than [President] Obama ever used them." - Ron Paul

Agree. It seems like it's so far away now, but it's really not.

There are only about 3 years from now until announcement time. And like you said, that's the best time to do it to show a huge number and support right at the start.

If we start saving small amounts now it can add up though. Even if you can only do $5 or $10 a week, you won't have enough to max out right away but $1000 - $1500 range is still a nice chunk.

I think I will start doing that myself, and also put spare change and bills in to a Rand 2020 jar.

The other thing I will try to do is to keep growing the Rand Paul Money Bomb social media during this time. We didn't start until August, and in retrospect I wish it had been a lot earlier. Grow the reach and build a large network of people before he announces, and then start actual fundraising efforts right from the beginning instead of waiting til the first debate.

I know some think money bombs are dead, but whether it's thru MB's or not it's still lists of people that are interested in donating to Rand. He should also have his own lists he built and will keep to himself.

Quote Originally Posted by FSP-Rebel View Post
    Everyone should buy bitcoin now and in 4 years-ish it will be way higher in price, thus your purchasing power for Rand or whomever will be that much higher. Go back to bitcoin's 2012 prices and see where we're at today. The jury rests and that's right I said it! Saving in a bank for this future endeavor is just an lol. No offense to the OP.
    Agree with this also, that's a good idea. I will put an amount aside and whatever it's worth in a few years goes to Rand. Hopefully bitcoin takes off and it's worth a max donation on its own.

I strongly believe in bitcoin so I'm biased - but even if you only feel comfortable with a small amount... it might be worth a lot more later. And Rand accepted bitcoin so you'll be able to donate directly with it.

Quote Originally Posted by r3volution 3.0 View Post
    Agreed OP

In that scenario, your funds may be better spent on airfare (flights from the US to Montevideo run substantially less than $2800).
    I'm a Texan. We dont run from anything.

Can we start a super pac?

Rand is not going to run again, forget presidential politics. We will never see the likes of Ron Paul again. He is a once in a generation candidate

I doubt he will run again after this. If he had intentions for 2020 , he would have stayed in the race longer and built up a network for next time. That's how it is usually done.

Honestly I don't think $20 million dollars could get Rand Paul elected potus. The ideas just aren't popular. People are stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by 69360 View Post
    I doubt he will run again after this. If he had intentions for 2020 , he would have stayed in the race longer and built up a network for next time. That's how it is usually done.

Honestly I don't think $20 million dollars could get Rand Paul elected potus. The ideas just aren't popular. People are stupid.
    The dumbest ideas are popular when you present them right.

Trump is able to sell single-payer healthcare to a Republican audience.
    The enemy of my enemy may be worse than my enemy.

I do not suffer from Trump Rearrangement Syndrome. Sorry if that triggers you.

I sunk 700 into Rands campaign and he dropped out after one caucus. I probably gave Ron closer to 2K and he at least stayed in until the convention. Don't know if I will be able to sink $ into another Rand run.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Look at it this way. If we win the presidency this year, we get 8 years to prepare instead of 4!

Quote Originally Posted by 69360 View Post
    He couldn't have stayed in longer because they weren't going to include him in the debates.

If they hadn't changed criteria to exclude him again he would still be in the race to win.

But if you're not in the debates you really have no chance of getting a bump and getting votes. And if you're not in the debates you're not going to be able to build a network either.

He will have all of the supporter info that he's built up so far though - donors, email addresses of supporters, confirmed supporters in Iowa/NH/Nevada - and he isn't sharing it with the RNC.

He has a few million on his Facebook/Twitter accounts. And he will continue to grow all of that over the next few years. He's still going to be in the national spotlight in the Senate, and will work to grow the email lists like he did before. "Add your name to pledge to #StandWithRand against the Fed"... stuff like that.

It is statistically next to impossible that the United States will collapse by 2020, but since I own shares in Smith & Wesson, I concur.

We will know sooner rather than later if he is going to run again. For the next year, he will say no or refuse to answer. If he starts organizing for straw polls, he's definitely leaving the option open.

Seems to me that Rand didn't use the JC Watts relationship or the Rep. Mulvaney endorsement very well over the course of the campaign by getting out this early. Both were sought after strategic luminaries in their own right. Watts was used early on and that was it. Mick was used sparingly and almost didn't matter when anything mattered for the campaign. I could be wrong but someone dropped the ball here in a big way and we've just seen the outcome of that or something similar. No doubt, something major sucked about this campaign and now we have to chose between Trump or the sandbagger - Cruz. I know plenty of Sanders people and they don't like Hillary, so I keep trying to drive the negs up against her so they won't settle up upon her in the event that Bernie goes down. They all like Rand of course in their own way. Maybe we won't get Bush 2.0 and relief is potentially possible afterall yet I'm not holding my breath.

Not to mention, Grassley came out for him like 2 hours before caucus time.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Select a tag for more discussion on that topic