Thread: Still on ballots?

Still on ballots?

Forgive me if this has been asked before, but people all over social media are saying that Rand Paul will still be on the ballot in all 50 states because he merely suspended with campaign rather than dropped out. I am skeptical. Is there any truth to this?
    #StandWithRand

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    yup, he'll still appear on all of them that he was already on

Yes, but people are saying that his campaign will remain open to voting in all 50 states and that he is only ceasing from his campaigning. I realize that names of people that dropped out do appears on ballots if the ballot was already established before they drop out.
    #StandWithRand

Real Rand supporters will vote for Rand when he's on the ballot, so one day they can tell their grandchildren they did so.
    “I don’t think that there will be any curtailing of Donald Trump as president,” he said. "He controls the media, he controls the sentiment [and] he controls everybody. He’s the one who will resort to executive orders more so than [President] Obama ever used them." - Ron Paul

If you think there is a decent 2nd choice, go with that. If not - vote for Rand.

I think both are better than staying home.

Quote Originally Posted by PowerOfLiberty View Post
    Forgive me if this has been asked before, but people all over social media are saying that Rand Paul will still be on the ballot in all 50 states because he merely suspended with campaign rather than dropped out. I am skeptical. Is there any truth to this?
    Yes.

Yes, but people are saying that his campaign will remain open to voting in all 50 states and that he is only ceasing from his campaigning. I realize that names of people that dropped out do appears on ballots if the ballot was already established before they drop out.
    So what are you asking here?
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

I will vote for Rand. There is not second choice for me.

What do you guys think about this? http://dlvr.it/KQkfvR
    It's a post on Reddit.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by PCKY View Post
    What do you guys think about this? http://dlvr.it/KQkfvR
    It's a post on Reddit.
    Funding is definitely an issue, but not the only reason he suspended his campaign.

He seems to think all states are WTA by CD, which is not the case.
    Last edited by CPUd; 02-05-2016 at 03:07 PM.
    “I don’t think that there will be any curtailing of Donald Trump as president,” he said. "He controls the media, he controls the sentiment [and] he controls everybody. He’s the one who will resort to executive orders more so than [President] Obama ever used them." - Ron Paul

Jan2017

redditt post already working on keeping some southern votes it looks like -

What will NH voting % for Rand actual end up ?

NH radio or talk shows/CSPAN should be called (from around USA) and ask, even though you may already know the answer -

Can I still vote for Rand Paul anyway since he's still on the ballot ?
    Is it ok Reince Priebus to still vote for liberty ?

He quit. The campaign is over. Period, the end. You might as well vote for mickey mouse, it would do as much good.

Quote Originally Posted by squirl22 View Post
    I will vote for Rand. There is not second choice for me.
    Hear hear! I'm doing the same by absentee! Won't waste my vote on a warmonger and Rand is the only sane choice, run or no run!

If Rand is on the Ohio ballot, I'll be voting for him. And once I realized he wouldn't win the nomination, I actually am indifferent to him dropping out. I will miss him dearly in the debates, but he went out with his head held high.

Can people still caucus for him in KY? If not, we should pump Gilmore. Otherwise it will go Cruz, and that $#@! has no business setting foot in KY:

With Rand out, who are NKY GOPers backing? We asked

Northern Kentucky Republicans are now looking to support other candidates after Kentucky Sen. Rand Paul suspended his presidential campaign Wednesday. Based on the response of six prominent Republicans, it appears to be a battle between U.S. Sens. Ted Cruz of Texas and Marco Rubio of Florida.

Troy Sheldon, of Alexandria, GOP chairman of the Fourth Congressional District. Candidate: Ted Cruz

"I believe that Cruz has the vision, foundation, and intellect that will not only prevail in the race over the Democrat, but will ensure that the country will be back on the course of greatness."

Phyllis Sparks, of Walton, vice chairwoman of the Boone County Republican Party. Candidate: Ted Cruz

"Ted Cruz, an evangelical candidate, is a constitutional conservative who has been very vocal against the establishment. Our values line up nicely on taxes, foreign policy, and education (against Common Core). He has my support as a conservative voter. I will add, I think Carly Fiorina is someone to watch."

Pam Dimmerman, of Independence, Republican. Candidate: Undecided between Marco Rubio or Ted Cruz

"I am undecided leaning toward Cruz or Rubio, with Rubio having a slight lead."

Ann Altherr, of Union, Republican. Candidate: Marco Rubio

Vic Altherr, of Union, Republican. Candidate: Ted Cruz

Dick Knock, of Union. prominent Republican donor. Candidate: Ted Cruz.

"I was a Rand Paul fan, but now that he has made the decision to halt his campaign, it's a no brainer for me. I am a Ted Cruz fan, however, I will support whoever the nominee is. I for sure don't want Hillary. I want an outsider, and I don't dislike the Donald, but he's a bit of a losse cannon. Cruz, on the other hand, is a real and true conservative. He is an outsider, while on the inside he is not liked by the establishment, which is right down my alley."

U.S. Rep. Thomas Massie, R-Kentucky, Candidate: Wouldn't say

"Congressman Massie doesn't have plans to endorse anyone," said Massie spokesman Lorenz Isidro.
    http://www.cincinnati.com/story/news...sked/79769614/

I don't think people are understanding the question. Generally, when a candidate drops out they remain on a few ballots that were already established before the announcement. Therefore, that candidate would no longer be on ballots in later states. Rand Paul supporters are saying that Rand Paul did not drop out meaning he'll remain an option on all 50 states' ballots. So did he drop out or merely cease from actively campaigning? Here is my question in simple form: when I vote in April, will Rand Paul be an option?
    #StandWithRand

To answer my question: Maryland updated their list yesterday and yesterday was the deadline to withdrawal candidacy. Rand Paul was still listed. If he is on my ballot, I'll give him my one lonely vote.

The reason I'm asking is because I don't want a bunch of people getting disappointed when Rand isn't really an option.
    #StandWithRand

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Not holding my breath, but...

What did Rand Paul say when they excluded him from the other debate?

"If you want war, I'll give you war!"

He was talking to the RNC when he said that. I don't think holding one on-line town hall is the extent of the war that could be waged against those intent on shutting his ideas out.

Every one admits that this is the weirdest election cycle ever, so why assume that Rand will just fade away the way candidates normally do once they've suspended their campaigns? Rand Paul is outside of that box.

I am not saying that Rand has some alternative plan all figured out, but as these TRULY AWFUL candidates begin falling by the wayside, and/or get exposed as liars, or investigated by the FEC (like Cruz), or indicted, voters are going to feel less entertained and increasingly desperate!

Rand will get more speaking time on the senate floor, more time to have an affect on whether or not this country goes to war, more influence over our future, possibly more air time - than he would ever get at some phony debate. There just might come a time when the public realizes what they threw away by ignoring Rand Paul.

For example, reinstating the draft, forcing women to sign up, a war - things we cannot predict, will affect the mood of the public, and may bring about a larger anti-war sentiment, maybe even spurring a protest movement.

I hope Rand goes about his business being a senator, continues working hard, but quietly keeps all options on the table as far as possibly jumping back into the race. Ron might even act as a part-time surrogate while Rand stops campaigning, pointing out the flaws and inconsistencies of the other candidates (as he did with Cruz).

There's no one else for Rand's supporters to turn to, so I hope - at least for the immediate future - Rand's supporters go ahead and vote for Rand Paul. What would they be losing? How could it possibly make anything worse? See if he beats any of those losers that qualify for the next debate and take it from there - one step at a time. Let Rand's actions be determined by what happens next, rather than what's been considered the norm in the past.

That said, I hope every Paul supporter in NH votes for Rand Paul and encourages their friends and neighbors to do the same.
    Last edited by Valli6; 02-06-2016 at 12:21 PM.

To answer my question: Maryland updated their list yesterday and yesterday was the deadline to withdrawal candidacy. Rand Paul was still listed. If he is on my ballot, I'll give him my one lonely vote.

The reason I'm asking is because I don't want a bunch of people getting disappointed when Rand isn't really an option.
    Every state is different. The simple answer is don't tell people Rand will be on their ballot until you know whether or not Rand will be on their ballot.

Quote Originally Posted by Foreigner View Post
    If you think there is a decent 2nd choice, go with that. If not - vote for Rand.

I think both are better than staying home.
    I dunno about that.

We got our sample ballot today. There are 14 names under the Republican Presidential Preference Primary. Bush, Carson, Christie, Cruz, Fiorina, Gilmore, Graham, Huckabee, Kasich, Pataki, Paul, Rubio, Santorum, and Trump.
    #NashvilleStrong

“I’m a doctor. That’s a baby.”~~~Dr. Manny Sethi